Deleted

2h or DW Frost for Challenge Modes?

Hey guys.

My DK is the last character I wanna get CMs done on this expansion and I was wondering whether 2h or DW Frost are better for DPS. I've googled this question and there didn't seem to be any concensus. Some people said 2h is better, some said DW is better and some said Unholy was the top dog.
    Those threads were at least several months old, however.

Is there a clear winner (or loser) nowadays, or are those specs very close to each other?

Also, just because I know it will be mentioned: yes, I know that it probably doesn't really matter if you just wanna get a gold time and aren't aiming for any realm best times, but by being melee I'm already a liability to my group and I don't wanna make it worse by playing a "worthless" spec. It's hard enough to still get a group for CMs as a melee class as it is. :P

Deleted
    Personally, I would either play unholy or dual wield frost for it. Unholy AoE and boss damage is very good, frost dual wield AoE might top unholy if the adds die quickly though. But yeah very personal as I think 2h frost comes out lowest but that might also be because I think it's shit to play!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I completed my challenge mods as unholy and no issues whatsoever. The improved damage to soul reaper helped a lot, not to mention that our gargoyle hits like a freaking truck. But if you must play as frost I would recommend 2 hand as you will find your mastery levels too low at 463 ilv to compete with how strong obliterate is (again at 463 ilv).

Deleted
    Thanks for the responses so far, guys. It kind of mirrors what people in the other threads I've been reading have said, though. Seems like there isn't really any clear winner.

Guess I'll just go and play Unholy then, since that's the spec I enjoy the most.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    Thanks for the responses so far, guys. It kind of mirrors what people in the other threads I've been reading have said, though. Seems like there isn't really any clear winner.

Guess I'll just go and play Unholy then, since that's the spec I enjoy the most.
    Unholy has pretty good aoe for CMs because the trash does not die in 5 seconds so you will have plenty of time to go ham on BB spam. Just remember to game your runes for maximum BBs like you would in raid and of course get Timmy transformed asap for his cleave, (think Sha of Pride reflections.)