Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down Growing a bit tired of Blizzard Entertainment regarding WoW

Hey guys, I have started to grow a bit tired of Blizzard Entertainment lately. I'll be dividing this thread in a few different parts, to make it easier to read and understand me. PS: English isn't my native language, so you may experience some grammar mistakes!

1 - Blizzard @ In-game problems

First of all, there are some annoying things in-game where Blizzard is not paying attention to. Have you ever reported players for spamming? If you haven't, you should try it. Reporting players for spamming (right click name in chat and report -> spam) will disconnect you almost every single time (usually happens when I report two, but I've had it happen at one report as well!). Well, I don't know if it's supposed to do that, but I find it a bit odd. As far as I can remember this problem has been here for YEARS already. I've heard that they limit it to avoid abusers, but why don't they just put a cooldown on it in that case? A disconnect doesn't seem logical to me, and the Blizzard CS is not giving us any information regarding this problem. Shame on Blizzard for not giving ANY information and also for not creating a better option for this, like the cooldown I just mentioned.

2 - Blizzard @ Bigger (game-breaking) in-game problems

I'll give two examples: Bots and the EU/Russia merge. Both are problems because they affect a relatively large part of the playerbase (120+ page threads on the EU forums). I think the chances are small that you won't see a single bot in a battleground (or dungeon/LFR). They run and attack in a specific pattern usually and they are ruining it for those who try to enjoy certain parts of the game. At least it does ruin it a bit for me! The other one I mentioned, regarding the EU/Russia merge, is a highlight as well. The merge did have some positive things, but a good amount of players find it a negative change. People are posting on the forums, sometimes even feedback that may improve the situation, and everything is ignored. I don't know whether developers read the forums or not, but even if they don't, people also give feedback using mail and social media. IGNORED. Nothing has been done to improve the situation in any of these problems (one small exception; they changed the ????? to Cyrillic letters.). Not exactly what I call "being nice" to the playerbase.

3 - Blizzard @ "Paying for additional in-game stuff"

Store mounts, pets, vanities and instant 90. I don't get it. When the Celestial Steed was released, I was okay with it. One extra mount for those who don't mind giving a few bucks extra. But now we have 10 pets, 8 mounts, 3 helms and instant 90 on the shop. Instead of creating store stuff all the time, they should put more money into fixing in-game bugs or problems. Disgusted by this.

To sum up this thread; I don't get the impression that we're being taken seriously by Blizz, even though we are paying €13 (or 15$) a month. Is our money the only thing that counts? If it is, I don't really get the horrible way we are being treated though.

EDIT 1: Please don't tell me to quit, since I love the game, but I'm just complaining about some things.
    EDIT 2: I changed the part where I said they should put more resources into improving the game than putting resources into the shop, since like 5 different people thought I meant that mount designers should fix bugs.
    Last edited by mmoc66481e8323; 2014-08-25 at 05:07 PM.

The only thing they really listen to is money. Right now Blizzard has the advantage because most players are hopelessly addicted to the game and will keep playing (and paying) no matter what. You have to be willing to speak with your wallet. Unfortunately that's all you can do, and even then, you'll only be doing it for yourself. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, but that's how most large companies work.

I just recently figured out once again I can't play this game. It's just too much of a commitment. I'm not saying its a bad game. It might be the best expansion yet, but I just can't get into the grind again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I just recently figured out once again I can't play this game. It's just too much of a commitment. I'm not saying its a bad game. It might be the best expansion yet, but I just can't get into the grind again.
    Meh I would love some commitment but it has to be worth it and I just don't trust Blizzard any more. I mean like grinding 2 months for something and then "we nerfed everything so now you can get that stuff in 2 hours, enjoy". So I don't want to risk anything that requires commitment either.

My only problem with Blizzard is that they haven't given me my Chimpanzee race...I mean come on

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    The only thing they really listen to is money. Right now Blizzard has the advantage because most players are hopelessly addicted to the game and will keep playing (and paying) no matter what. You have to be willing to speak with your wallet. Unfortunately that's all you can do, and even then, you'll only be doing it for yourself. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, but that's how most large companies work.
    I wouldn't say most people are hopelessly addicted. A lot are but not most. Especially with people unsubbing daily by the thousands. Before I unsubbed I could definitely see the loss of players in the capital cities. It wouldn't surprise me if Blizzard lied about sub numbers on their quarterly reports to keep customers reassured.

Keep in mind that the "resources" that go into making those hated, yet popular mounts, pets, and fugly helms are not the same "resources" that go into taking care of bugs.

I have never experienced the disconnect issue you're complaining about, but I don't think it's something that you should be using to argue against the whole of the company's direction with the game. If you've reported said issue it is most likely being looked at and will be fixed in a Tuesday cleanup or major patch.

As to the Russia/EU issue, that's just something that you'll have to get used to. Russia's populations are probably so low that thye feel the need to combine them with the European realms based on proximity. There's similar issues regarding Spanish-speakers on the US servers, but nothing Blizz does short of invading Russian homes and giving them a crash course in basic English or French is going to make them any easier for you to deal with.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Deleted
    inb4 "lol you dont like wow, quit!!!1"

Also, I play alot of wow, downed garrosh in december and im unsubbed since they officially announced the delay of WoD. No addiction so far <.<

Deleted
    only thing I dont like is the in game transactions for real money, This in a Sub based game is a slap in the face.
    Sure for F2P model of games I can see the need, however in a sub based game it is nothing more than a blatant cash grab.

oh and the delay in content release.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you're getting disconnected when you report people for spam, it's being caused by an addon. I've never had this happen.

Your disconnecting when reporting someone is on your end, not theirs.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

I don't agree with your arguing but in essence I do. Blizzard really doesn't care about upkeep and pruning.

A very small number of players have been allowed to make the game less fun for everyone else for ages on pretty much every single server. Be it bots or trolls they are a tiny minority of the player base...GET THEM OUT! I know you think they pay their fees but they really cost you more than they pay in other people quitting. The nr 1 reason for quitting the game that I have encountered is other players being toxic.

If WoW is to survive, Blizzard needs to start policing it's player base better and/or make your actions have serious consequences in game.

Not a fan of microtransactions either but it's more of a market evolution thing rather than Blizzard-centric. Here to stay unfortunately

1. I've literally never had that problem, and I've played since '06. Not sure what to tell you.
    2. Can't comment since I play on US servers. Does sound annoying, though.
    3. /shrug Don't really care, myself. I've given up on Blizzard using all their resources on content for our $15. I'm not too excited about WoD for that reason either, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt til release.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I assume you mean getting up to speed. It is one of the games biggest weaknesses towards attracting new and returning players and something the developers try to deal with by way of quick catch up methods, but cant be too fast as there still gotta be a grind for those who are still playing at least for PVE. The included 90 boost is an example of the dire need to deal with that problem.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-08-24 at 10:07 PM.

Too many people are turning it into more than a game. The universal response that everything is all about money doesn't really mean that much. All games that aren't free or that involve advertising are about money, they wouldn't exist otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    only thing I don't like is the cash shop and the lack of content. oh well.

Blizzard doesn't have the advantage because people are hopelessly addicted. Blizzard has the advantage because most people know that WoW is the only option for an optimal, populated MMORPG experience. It is the most accessible, the longest lasting, and the most prestigious MMORPG to ever come to light, and THAT is why Blizzard has the advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    I assume you mean getting up to speed. It is one of the games biggest weaknesses towards attracting new and returning players and something the developers try to deal with by way of quick catch up methods, but cant be too fast as there still gotta be a grind for those who are still playing at least for PVE. The included 90 boost is an example of the dire need to deal with that problem.
    No not really. The grind is just too much for me. It's a cycle, a hamster wheel, and now that I've seen how it works. It's hard for me to enjoy it. It just too repetitive. I just want to have fun. Not chase a carrot. The rewards aren't appealing for me anymore as well.

It's ok, NA servers were grouped with our own special kind of "Russians" as well. (Poor players + language barrier just to get a small portion of players a faster queue)

Strange that you get disconnected after reporting. I've done many reports and haven't been dc'd while doing so.

Optional paid vanity options from the shop is not an issue, if annoying. Except when there is nothing new being added to the game itself then it becomes more than an annoyance.
    Stay salty my friends.

1) There is no limit on the number of reports you can make with the right-click menu option on player names. There also isn't a disconnect that occurs from it. So your issue sounds more like an Addon issue.

2) Can't really speak to the EU/Russia merge, but the bot issue affects all regions. And since WoW isn't the only game to have a bot issue, that tells us those folks will keep at it just like virus, spyware and SPAM creators.

3) Do you really want people who are web developers/artists by trade squashing bugs/issues they aren't trained to deal with? Really?