Deleted

Me again! Need some talent advice.

Hello Hunter geniuses and people popping in to the Hunter forums.

Previously, I asked for help with my focus management and now that seems fine. The only delay I have on my KC is if I clip it with a cobra shot by a few fractions of a second. Now it comes down to talents.

Icy Veins has been a huge help, but they don't seem particularly fond of Thrill of the Hunt. (Hereby referred to as TotH.). And they recommend Dire Beast as perhaps the best.

My qualm with that is that I find TotH makes my rotation much more involving and really makes managing my focus childsplay. My question is, how severely am I going to gimp my DPS by sticking with TotH? Is the damage difference going to be minimal? Or is there some huge advantage to using DB that means TotH should never be taken?

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Dire Beast scales with both haste and BM's Mastery. The damage difference is substantial, but I couldn't give you a number without an armory link (and even then it wouldn't be accurate, as TotH doesn't interact well with Sims due to its nature)Unless the fight is a sustained cleave encounter (Protectors with Stack strat, etc) DB will be better by a fair or large margin. As for focus management, that comes with practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Dire Beast scales with both haste and BM's Mastery. The damage difference is substantial, but I couldn't give you a number without an armory link (and even then it wouldn't be accurate, as TotH doesn't interact well with Sims due to its nature)Unless the fight is a sustained cleave encounter (Protectors with Stack strat, etc) DB will be better by a fair or large margin. As for focus management, that comes with practice.
    Much obliged.

I think your signature is just all kinds of swag 10/10

Deleted
    Well for starters, ToTH is better on half the encounters in SoO for BM hunters. To see which you should select it on look here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-F-A-Q-Answers

Aside from that, the fights where Dire Beast pulls ahead, you should try and use it. Not only because it does more damage, but because it will train you more efficiently to manage your focus effectively. With ToTH it's a piece of cake as you mentioned, but using DB it requires more thought and planning.

I'd recommend going to a training dummy, with an attack speed pet selected, and just going through your rotation for 5 minutes so you can get a good feel for it.