15+ Year Old Account

Potential Inside Threats [Possible Spoilers]

With Warlords right around the corner and word of the next expansion already being worked on, it might be a good time to sum up all the potential enemies. Not the ones we already know off. More like an inside study of people that might pop up in the future as our enemies, all sorted by race.

• Humans: Very likely Jaina Proudmoore. Not only does she control the Kirin Tor, she's also heir to her father's throne in Kul Tiras. If she ever assumes this position, she might try to leave the Alliance in order to go on a full-blown war against the Horde.
    • Dwarves: Magni Bronzebeard. I'm all for him returning to his duties, but he will screw over both his brother and his daughter by doing so. That will very likely be not very good for the new found unity between the three Dwarven clans.
    • Gnomes: Can we finally assume, that Thermaplugg is dead?!
    • Night elves: Maiev Shadowsong. She has a huge bone to pick with Tyrande and Malfurion for their actions since the War of the Ancients when the Sisterhood of Elune elected Tyrande instead of her as the new High Priestess. She also killed several highborne and planned to torture Malfurion to death. Plus, there is her vow to "restore the night elves back to greatness".
    • Draenei: Not very familiar with their lore. It might be interesting to see, if Yrel assumes a position in our world once WoD is over.

• Orcs: Guess they're fine for now. But there might still be some Kor'kron loyalists from Garrosh's time left in their ranks.
    • Trolls: Vol'jin's people as a whole. Still this thing Lorewalker Cho said in Jade Forest lingers in my head: "Your people wish to be great again, right?" Would some Darkspear try to side with the Zandalari?
    • Tauren: Very obviously Magatha Grimtotem, especially since she pretty much runs the Twilight's Hammer Clan now.
    • Undead: Sylvanas Windrunner. By now this is more of question of when instead of why. Her ambitions are too great. She made me side with Garrosh, for Pete's sake! She might even start a war with the Argent Crusade, just to control all of Lordaeron.
    • Goblins: It all depends what word will come from Undermine if it ever get implemented.

Pandaren: With them it might more be like a way to finding their place in two different societies. Aysa and Ji will both have a hard time trying to trust their allies after the Siege of Orgrimmar.

What do you think? Which will be the first one? And might there be even more?

Deleted
    I know far too little about the lore to know how likely it is but I'd absolutely love an expansion with Sylvanas as the main focus. Dark ranger new class!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokee View Post
    Pandaren: With them it might more be like a way to finding their place in two different societies. Aysa and Ji will both have a hard time trying to trust their allies after the Siege of Orgrimmar.

Ji got killed by Overlord Komak during the Siege.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    In Warcrimes, he's alive and recovering from the beating he took in SoO.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Only if your raid was too slow, in other words; he survives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rokee View Post
    With Warlords right around the corner and word of the next expansion already being worked on, it might be a good time to sum up all the potential enemies. Not the ones we already know off. More like an inside study of people that might pop up in the future as our enemies, all sorted by race.

• Humans: Very likely Jaina Proudmoore. Not only does she control the Kirin Tor, she's also heir to her father's throne in Kul Tiras. If she ever assumes this position, she might try to leave the Alliance in order to go on a full-blown war against the Horde.
    • Dwarves: Magni Bronzebeard. I'm all for him returning to his duties, but he will screw over both his brother and his daughter by doing so. That will very likely be not very good for the new found unity between the three Dwarven clans.
    • Gnomes: Can we finally assume, that Thermaplugg is dead?!
    • Night elves: Maiev Shadowsong. She has a huge bone to pick with Tyrande and Malfurion for their actions since the War of the Ancients when the Sisterhood of Elune elected Tyrande instead of her as the new High Priestess. She also killed several highborne and planned to torture Malfurion to death. Plus, there is her vow to "restore the night elves back to greatness".
    • Draenei: Not very familiar with their lore. It might be interesting to see, if Yrel assumes a position in our world once WoD is over.

• Orcs: Guess they're fine for now. But there might still be some Kor'kron loyalists from Garrosh's time left in their ranks.
    • Trolls: Vol'jin's people as a whole. Still this thing Lorewalker Cho said in Jade Forest lingers in my head: "Your people wish to be great again, right?" Would some Darkspear try to side with the Zandalari?
    • Tauren: Very obviously Magatha Grimtotem, especially since she pretty much runs the Twilight's Hammer Clan now.
    • Undead: Sylvanas Windrunner. By now this is more of question of when instead of why. Her ambitions are too great. She made me side with Garrosh, for Pete's sake! She might even start a war with the Argent Crusade, just to control all of Lordaeron.
    • Goblins: It all depends what word will come from Undermine if it ever get implemented.

Uhm wut? She hates the Twilight's Hammer; they abducted and tried to kill her. She's their enemy, not some defacto leader.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'm still hoping for both the horde and alliance breaking apart and 3 new factions form. 3-way factions balances way better than 2-way factions from a mechanics and mathematical point of view.

However, this whole orcs vs humans thing runs too deep in Warcraft for it to be changed.

My allegiance is towards Taurens, so where ever they go, I will follow.

On the other hand, there has been two expansions now evolving around the horde (or orcs). Next up is alliance. With Night elves and emerald dream being obvious candidates for the break-away.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I don't think he died, I'm pretty sure he just got carried out critically wounded. He might have survived.

EDIT: Oh wait... 'kills with a single hit'. Nevermind.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I don't think he died, I'm pretty sure he just got carried out critically wounded. He might have survived.

EDIT: Oh wait... 'kills with a single hit'. Nevermind.
    "Imprisoned by the Kor'kron and beaten unconscious, Ji is later rescued by Aysa Cloudsinger and taken out of Orgrimmar.

Ji served as a liaison for the factions and Taran Zhu during the trial of Garrosh Hellscream."

Wiki that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei: Velen

I'm still convinced he's as corrupted as KJ or Archi, but he's just smart enough to play the role of Darth Sidious.

You'll see!