Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Well only the 290X uses the new tec not the smaller ones right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Well only the 290X uses the new tec not the smaller ones right?
    The 290 as well (same chip). And I think the new 285 will do too.

Deleted
    Yeah i was thinking 280(x) etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only way I could reason buying the 295X2 is if you were going to get two of them or using it in a really small enclosure on a mini-ITX board. Otherwise I see no point, why not just get two 290x's? On top of that I think it looks pretty crap.

And if you were choosing between CF 290x's or SLI 780ti's you would run in to problems with the 290x stock cooler which really isn't enough when you stack them up or at least you'd have to pay special attention to your case cooling. The 780ti on the other hand has a great stock cooler which is optimal for SLI builds due to blower style design and it is the faster card.

The Titan Black doesn't compare against 295X2. It's one gpu against two gpu's, you'd have to look at the Titan Z instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Only way I could reason buying the 295X2 is if you were going to get two of them or using it in a really small enclosure on a mini-ITX board. Otherwise I see no point, why not just get two 290x's? On top of that I think it looks pretty crap.

And if you were choosing between CF 290x's or SLI 780ti's you would run in to problems with the 290x stock cooler which really isn't enough when you stack them up or at least you'd have to pay special attention to your case cooling. The 780ti on the other hand has a great stock cooler which is optimal for SLI builds due to blower style design and it is the faster card.

The Titan Black doesn't compare against 295X2. It's one gpu against two gpu's, you'd have to look at the Titan Z instead.
    Thanks for the reply, i have decided to go with the 780tix2

I was looking at the gigabyte windforce oc version, is the cooler gonna be an issue?

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably not a problem but I'd personally prefer just the stock cooler for SLI although it's a bit dependent on your case choice. If you have a case with really poor airflow it would be almost crucial to use the stock cooler since it exhausts out from the back. With a more open design and airflow case you'd probably be fine with aftermarket cooler that exhausts in the case.

Basically a stock / blower style cooler will keep the temperature inside your case cooler and your top card shouldn't get nearly as hot. Aftermarket cooler might be more quiet and in some cases keep the cards more cool as well but you run the risk of heating other components more and if your case airflow isn't sufficient your cards or the top card will overheat and throttle down.