10+ Year Old Account

Advertisement that uses WoW stuff.

I often find a commercial that is not related to WoW but uses something from WoW, like today i was on my phone and i saw like a shooting game and you had to shoot 1 of the target dummies and that used a human rogue model, i was wondering. Are they allowed to do this?

I assume not? (the advertisements weren't from Blizzard or near related to WoW)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen an ad for a free to play browser game that used the blood elf male "Blood knight" for some kind of generic enemy. I thought the same thing when I saw it. "Can they do that? I am sure that's kind of illegal."

10+ Year Old Account
    They do that shit all the time. Some other browser game actually put some effort into it and copied Varian's face, got rid of the scars and hair and pasted it on to a body. I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

The worst offender I came across was a browser game that used all of the WoW icons and many of the normal mounts and monster from vanilla including their animations. Unfortunately, Blizzard doesn't (or didn't last I checked) have a place to report things like that to help them protect their IP, but there are plenty of countries with really soft copyright laws, so there isn't always something that can be done.

It's weird, pretty damn common, and honestly remind me of WoW when I play them so it could work out in Blizzard's favor.

I hate this! I think this should not be allowed! It is really illegal.

Never seen that before. Does anyone have pics of such things? (just censor the names on it )

It is illegal. The game League of Angels uses the Fenrir art from Smite all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So long as they created their own assets they shouldn't have any issues. Just because something looks similar to something else doesn't mean it's the same thing.
    i think you are right sir