Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Wrathion has proven to be a tid bit arrogant as well thinking he could toy with us as he pleased, I would not be surprised if he call himself "Prince"

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    The Fresh Prince of Blackwing Lair
    This is the story all about how
    My life got flipped, turned upside down
    Now I'd like to take a minute
    Just sit right there
    I'll tell you how I became the Prince
    Of the Blackwing Lair

Just south of the Badlands, laid and hatched
    My DNA has been mixed and matched
    By adventurers who were tryin to do right
    And rectify the Black Dragonflight

I was freed from N'Zoth but my dad was irate
    And he tore up Rheastrasza like the Jersey Interstate
    Thought he got me too but the fool was duped
    'Cuz me and my ladies flew the coop

Back in the highlands, Reds were crampin my style
    So I hired out a Rogue and laid low for a while
    My egg was hatched and so was my plan
    To become the last of the black dragons, man

Now if you ask me, it couldn't have gone better
    My dirty deeds were carried out to the letter
    So I surveyed my kingdom, I was finally there
    To sit on my throne as the Prince of Blackwing Lair.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    He is not the last black dragon, just the last black dragon that he knows of.

Him referring to Deathwing as his father may not be literal, but he's considered his "father" as he's the leader of the flight.

As for his title as Prince... That may just be because there's no legitimate crown for him to claim, or because there has been no coronation held, akin to "Prince" Kael'thas Sunstrider.
    Wrathion is the child of deathwing and nyxondra lol.

Prince does't imply power, actually in theory all of Deathwings male childrens are princess

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the dragonflights work like wolf packs. Only the leader procreates, but with a whole number of consorts. This makes every black dragon prince/princess I suppose - and since Wrathion considers himself the last one, he gets a title. It's also a menacing cover title to use for his human form, much like Onyxia, Sabellian, Nefarian and Neltharion all adopted aristocratic titles when they were under cover. His use of "Prince" just makes him all the more cocky.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2014-08-26 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    Except Nyxondra is Deathwing's daughter. >_>

Rhea forced her to have eggs. Who knows who the "dad" was, as she was part of an experiment. It's possible it was a Red Dragon.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Principalities are led by Princes. Real life examples include Monaco and Liechtenstein.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would imagine the Black Dragonflight gauges "proximity" to Neltharion/Deathwing by means of relative power or influence, the more powerful one is the closer to direct descent you would be considered to be. As Wrathion is both immensely powerful and at least in his estimate the last black dragon alive, he would be in the most direct line of descent regardless of whether Neltharion was his actual father or not. So Prince would be an appropriate title as he hasn't quite matured into kingship just yet. Going to be interesting for him when he finds out his decimation of the Black Dragonflight was incomplete, especially since Sabellian actually has a more direct claim to royalty in the Black Dragonflight (being both older and/or a true son of Neltharion).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's some tworts on the subject

Deathwing is not the literal father:
    We don't know who Wrathion's literal father is. Certainly he's in Deathwing's lineage. He considers DW to be his father, FWIW.
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/329362547692150784

Wrathion calls himself 'Prince':
    Wrathion likely took the "Prince" title himself, claiming to be the "true" heir of Deathwing.
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/429312687760097280

Recall also that Deathwing's prime consort, Sinestra, was burned to bejesus by mating with him due to his volcanic body. Nyxondra was an ordinary black dragon and evidently not so singed.

10+ Year Old Account
    kael'thas called himself prince because he said "anasterian was the last king of quel'thalas." maybe wrathion feels the same way about deathwing? but deathwing only wanted to destroy everything, he never wanted to build a kingdom. maybe his father is nefarion, and he refers to himself as "prince" since he is inheriting the crown of Lord Victor Nefarius?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Perhaps he is of more direct blood to Neltharion than Sabellian is, therefore he would be justly the leader by right of blood.
    Sabellian is Nefarian and Onyxia's brother and also of Sinestra. Wrathaion is of Nyxondra and it's unclear as to how, or even when, Nyxondra was able to mate with Deathwing. No other Consort, save Sinestra, survived mating with Deathwing once he'd turned into the creature he is now. Nyxondra had no unique model and seemed relatively stable for a Black Dragon, though the quest to kill her indicates she's "insane with fury", though whether that's entirely down to the experimentation and forced labour isn't mentioned.

The only other named "heir" for any of the Dragons is Anachronos and we know that the Blue Dragons elect an Aspect if their Aspect falls. Anachronos would've had to have been named as, unlike the other Aspects, Nozdormu knew that he would die and that his successor would have to be ready. However, if we're to apply human logic then Sabellian is the "rightful heir" to the Black Dragonflight. Whether you want to make an argument for him being fit for rule is another matter entirely.

I really do want to see a scene between Sabellian and Wrathion. Sabellian is the only other "sane" Black Dragon. Sure he maintains his Dragonflight's knack for manipulation and control but he at least isn't batshit insane like his other siblings. I can imagine the dialogues between them now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Except Nyxondra is Deathwing's daughter. >_>

Rhea forced her to have eggs. Who knows who the "dad" was, as she was part of an experiment. It's possible it was a Red Dragon.
    Nefarian is probably the father of Onyxia's whelplings. Clearly incest is not a problem with draconic kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling himself "king" would imply he wants to rule over and lead all the black dragons, a hard task since he had the last one of them killed (to his knowledge).
    Calling himselff "prince" though allows him to remind those around him he's the offspring of Deathwing and the power that comes from that bloodline.

It's a bluff, more of a marketing stunt than an official title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice one Lumineus
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I would imagine the Black Dragonflight gauges "proximity" to Neltharion/Deathwing by means of relative power or influence, the more powerful one is the closer to direct descent you would be considered to be. As Wrathion is both immensely powerful and at least in his estimate the last black dragon alive, he would be in the most direct line of descent regardless of whether Neltharion was his actual father or not. So Prince would be an appropriate title as he hasn't quite matured into kingship just yet. Going to be interesting for him when he finds out his decimation of the Black Dragonflight was incomplete, especially since Sabellian actually has a more direct claim to royalty in the Black Dragonflight (being both older and/or a true son of Neltharion).
    Interestingly enough, while he might be the last black dragon alive he does have siblings and he is NOT the last progeny of Deathwing.

Nether Dragons are also the progeny of Deathwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    He is not the last black dragon, just the last black dragon that he knows of.

Him referring to Deathwing as his father may not be literal, but he's considered his "father" as he's the leader of the flight.

As for his title as Prince... That may just be because there's no legitimate crown for him to claim, or because there has been no coronation held, akin to "Prince" Kael'thas Sunstrider.

spot on. Just like after Arthas killed his father King Terenes in the book, it was briefly mentioned that he is now in fact king and should be named King Arthas, but wanted to remain the title of Prince.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Torch068 View Post
    Interestingly enough, while he might be the last black dragon alive he does have siblings and he is NOT the last progeny of Deathwing.

Nether Dragons are also the progeny of Deathwing.
    That's true. I'm unsure if Nether Dragons would be considered true members of the Black Dragonflight, though - whatever physiological changes Outland put them through may have made them their own category. They *are* progeny of Deathwing after a fashion, although they seem to have been spared the worst of whatever the Old Gods did to Deathwing and by extension his Dragonflight.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Wrathion's own half-brother, Sabellian have been chilling in Outland since TBC (possibly before that), and might not have been affected by the infertility-thingy all other dragons suffer from.. However ONE fertile dragon isn't really much worth.. But Wrathion is certainly not the only Black alive...
    Uncle, actually and probably stronger than either Onyxia or Nefarion. I think Wrathion is aware of him aswell. And I would love to see them meet and pray Blizzard remembers that Wrathion had Nalice killed for no reason. Pretty sure he'd eat em whole.

Also, Wrathion is 1 of 4 Black Dragons. 2 are in outland, though 1 is banished, but I'm sure Sabellian can release him at anytime. And the 3rd is last seen in the Obsidian Dragonshrine. Would be cool if all 3 got together :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    He isn't, or Nyxondra would be dead. Deathwing killed all of his consorts except Sintharia, during sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Uncle, actually and probably stronger than either Onyxia or Nefarion. I think Wrathion is aware of him aswell. And I would love to see them meet and pray Blizzard remembers that Wrathion had Nalice killed for no reason. Pretty sure he'd eat em whole.

Also, Wrathion is 1 of 4 Black Dragons. 2 are in outland, though 1 is banished, but I'm sure Sabellian can release him at anytime. And the 3rd is last seen in the Obsidian Dragonshrine. Would be cool if all 3 got together :3

- - - Updated - - -

He isn't, or Nyxondra would be dead. Deathwing killed all of his consorts except Sintharia, during sex.
    I'd laugh if they actually went the route of making it so Sabellian and Wrathion are the same person but due to time travel business, forgot.

Because of this, of course: