Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best Horde race for Hunter?

I've decided that I'm going to use my 90 boost for a Horde Hunter. My issue now is trying to decide on the race.

I was inching towards Blood Elves, because that new 100 talent without the pet will finally quench my desire to play an Elven Ranger in WoW. However, I kind of like the new guns popping up in WoD, and Goblins and Orcs with Guns appeals to me.

Other candidates include Trolls, and Forsaken because of the new models. I have no desire for a Pandaren or Tauren Hunter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Belf for MM/SV

Orc for BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Belf for MM/SV

Orc for BM.
    You're going Tauren, aren't you? I know you are!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    You're going Tauren, aren't you? I know you are!
    doubt it, he'll go whatever is BiR for whatever spec is mythic raiding...

I'll bet he goes orc until the final numbers are in.

I'll however boost a second hunter(Blood elf, much to my dismay) and keep my old main hunter orc in BM.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

The "final" numbers are gonna be out before raiding even starts. ;p It's gonna be out soon after (or before) release, because unlike stuff like SV material on the F.A.Q thread this is actually stuff that I require for my own raiding and whatnot so it gets a bit of a priority.

Racials don't matter as much as you think. Play which race you think looks best.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Racials don't matter as much as you think. Play which race you think looks best.
    Haha.

10char.

Haha.

10char.
    Laugh if you wish, it's the truth. Every race of X class is just as viable. The racials are so minimal, that it doesn't matter what race you play unless you're a crazy min/maxer trying to push for world firsts. What matters most is enjoying your character.

Deleted
    Racials don't matter that much anymore unless your aiming to be in a top 10 guild

What matters most is enjoying your character.
    In your opinion*.

Also, plenty people enjoy their character the most, when it is the most powerful.

I could turn this right around and say that "looks don't matter, what matters is how much damage you character does", which would be totally viable because guess what, there are people with different opinions than yours.

In your opinion*.
    Not opinion, it's fact. If a guild wants a hunter, they want a hunter. they don't care about your race, they care about your performance. Race changing your character won't magically allow you to clear mythic content easier. As Deztruction said, they don't matter unless you're aiming for a top guild.

Not opinion, it's fact.
    So done lol.

Hey guys did you even read the op? There was no mention of dps whatsoever...

Not opinion, it's fact. If a guild wants a hunter, they want a hunter. they don't care about your race, they care about your performance. Race changing your character won't magically allow you to clear mythic content easier. As Deztruction said, they don't matter unless you're aiming for a top guild.
    I have a theory. Azortharion is one of the people who is in a top guild. Thus he strives to be the best he can be. Race is a factor there. Being "the wrong" race is like not flasking because the buff makes your buff frames one line longer and that is totally ugly!

Have you never had a sub 1% wipe that could have been avoided with the better racials? Or a kill that surely would've been a wipe had it not been for that ankh FROOST SHOOCK combo at the end? The first scenario could've been the second if people were the good PvE races.

On the other hand, OP doesn't seem to want the best race and goes for looks instead.

@ OP: Go elf. From your post it seems like you'd rather be Legolas than an Amazonian thunder thighs Orc female (Orc males are what Satan wants you to play). Personally I don't like Goblins because they're way too small. I mean, green Gnomes from New Jersey? No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls be yamon!

It's not about what your guild wants, it's about what you want, and people want different things.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-09-21 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    I follow a simple rule for any new toon, Horde = Female Orc, Alliance = Female Dwarf. If a class can't be one of those i don't make it (still hoping one day for a Dwarf Druid)

Not opinion, it's fact.
    Stating an opinion as fact is ignorant.

Read: sigs. 14/14H, #1 for BM hunter....seems like world firsts/absolute bleeding edge min/maxing do matter do him, and there are others like him. So, it is completely opinion and personal preference, he wants to be the best and you want to look pretty. Different strokes for different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Newt View Post
    Hey guys did you even read the op? There was no mention of dps whatsoever...
    Then he should base his decision on what he would like to stare at. Asking for help like this implies that dps was of concern. If it was about looks, then it should get locked.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

If you're attempting to join a hardcore progression guild interested in world and realm first rankings, then sure, race matters. However, if you're doing pvp, the way race matters changes. People in this thread arguing how important race is when deciding on a class didn't even think to consider that maybe the op is a pvper. They also didn't think to read the actual post, as the op is clearly discussing which race they like more.

Personally I'd say tauren as they are actually the best race in the game, but for some reason you don't want one, so you should of course pick the second best race in the game, troll. Undead hunters are awful to me - I don't feel like a race that literally has been explained in canon to not have emotions could love, nurture, and form a bond with an animal companion. Animals in mythology tend to react negatively towards ghosts, spirits, and other supernatural anomalies, so the pet wouldn't be enjoying it either.

Basically my answer is "not undead".

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Then he should base his decision on what he would like to stare at. Asking for help like this implies that dps was of concern. If it was about looks, then it should get locked.
    His thread should be locked because he's asking for role playing advice for an mmorpg?