Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

EMFH blue response

Racials
    Months of beta testing, release 3 months away, yet no changes to EMFH? Still "wait and see" or are you keeping the OP racial as is?
    We aren't planning changes to Every Man for Himself. (holinka)

So, first when they were changing racials, they left EMFH unchanged claiming that it will be looked into after, and now we get this. If u ask me this is an outrage, what are they thinking. Yes this is a whine post, but I had an urge to post this how unpleasant I feel at the moment. They've gone too far with ability pruning as well and all those class changes, but that is the topic for another day...
    So, how do you feel about all of this EMFH staying as it was thing. I mean almost all of other racials got nerfed and one that needed the most changes didn't. Let's just take a look into WOTF nerf for example which is on 3min cd now, which isn't justified at all. Why? Well because not that you already nerfed its CD, but you already nerfed "fear mechanic" overall in WOD (with fear having 2s less duration and with all those fear breaking things in games (referring to talents mostly just take a look at DKs)).

Go human if you dont like it

https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...40656798330880 is my signature.

He is right. I see a lot of ppl rolling so and so race because of the racials. I rolled undead in vanilla because it was my favorite race to play in Wc3 albeit wotf was probably the most OP racial at that time and burning crusade.

I want to play a race knowing that the lore behind it is cool and awesome, not because of min/max potential i can get out of dps/running/crafting etc..

Yeah it's ridiculous but also somehow not surprising. Blizzard's been hard for the human racial the whole time it's existed, despite the fact that players have been almost universal in agreement that it's always been the best racial in the game by far.

It is perfectly normal for them to leave it as it is.They added racials to every race to give them some dps bonuses which is a good change in pve.Anyway PVP wise if they change EMFH it will be totally unfair ,If you are gonna change the EMFH or remove it ,something has to be done about all other racials that give pvp advantage- Will of the forsaken ,Orc stun reduce racial,gnome escape artist , NE shadowmelt which allows avoiding spells i might be forgeting something but you get my point.Either remove all advantages in Pvp from all Races or don't touch anything. I personally prefer the removal of the advantages , Choosing a race should be all about Role play and personal taste not advantages.
    Last edited by Sturmgewehr86; 2014-08-26 at 09:09 AM.

Deleted
    Agree 100%. They should give humans new racial instead emfh.

Meanwhile, the new Stoneform looks absolutely amazing.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    I want to play a race knowing that the lore behind it is cool and awesome, not because of min/max potential i can get out of dps/running/crafting etc..
    Then do so. People are totally overestimating the actual power of racials, especially those like EMFH that can be rolled by anyone through trinkets. In the end this racial boils down to a DPS "advantage" because what it really does is it clears one (half) trinket slot, thus that "advantage" has to be counted against other DPS racials you miss out on at the same time, and once you went through those calculations you'll probably see that it doesn't matter as much as people like to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Yeah it's ridiculous but also somehow not surprising. Blizzard's been hard for the human racial the whole time it's existed, despite the fact that players have been almost universal in agreement that it's always been the best racial in the game by far.
    And that's what GC addresses a lot in his posting as well, players tend to conceive things as being more or less powerful than they really are based on their own, faulty, community-inspired beliefs rather than actual data, which is a big problem in game design since it stems from the misguided mindsets of actual players rather than real in-game issues. It's nothing a developer could address without adding further imbalance to, or removing some parts of the game. Based on that problem I fully understand why Blizzard remains hard and doesn't change the racial; none of you could provide actual empiric data that proves EMFH is too powerful, thus it is indeed alright as it is. You "agreed" it's too strong isn't valid data.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-08-26 at 09:23 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    I'm surprised there are still racials in the game. Picking a race should be about picking what you like, not what is best.

The whole "We want to keep racials because WoW is a role playing game" arguement from Blizzard is pretty much bullshit. Since they have already tossed so many elements out of the window that made WoW a role playing game, what harm could removing racials, which everyone is always complaining about anyways, really do?

Deleted
    They want more pvp players to play alliance. The answer is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    This. /10chrz
    FF

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Please no tinfoil hats replies....What is next all the blizzard staff play humans so they are cool with it?...

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    Please no tinfoil hats replies....What is next all the blizzard staff play humans so they are cool with it?...
    Actually, it isn't they want more PvP Players on Alliance, they want more Alliance Raiding Guilds. This racial not being changed, while the Horde equal (if you can call it that) was changed is evidence enough of that, AND if I wasn't on my mobile I would gladly look for the tweet but I believe it was Holinka or Celestalon, one of them actually said, on record, that they want the racials to balance out IE even out the populations for raiding and PvP. I give it at most 2 expansions before they are either removed or nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    No, Blizzard has a 'positive design process.' They only allow changes that improve existing aspects/systems of the game in some way. They won't remove racials because that will leave people feeling like they lost something. So racials (however broken) are here to stay until they figure out a way to improve them somehow. If they can't come up with an 'elegant solution' then they will just deal with how stupid they are until the game is no longer supported.

Lol - All you 1200 bads not even realising that horde and most of the other Alliance racials are better than EMFH in PvP.

EMFH will be tweaked to not have an on use trinket like they have now. They have a choice between battlemaster trinkets and a 500 versatility trinket. Seems about okayish to me :>

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Actually, it isn't they want more PvP Players on Alliance, they want more Alliance Raiding Guilds. This racial not being changed, while the Horde equal (if you can call it that) was changed is evidence enough of that, AND if I wasn't on my mobile I would gladly look for the tweet but I believe it was Holinka or Celestalon, one of them actually said, on record, that they want the racials to balance out IE even out the populations for raiding and PvP. I give it at most 2 expansions before they are either removed or nerfed.
    If this is to increase number of Alliance raiding guilds then there should be more raid encounters where EMFT is actually useful. Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't looked at all of the raid encounters) but there aren't many/any(?) in which EMFT shines.

Great, another expansion of fighting all humans all day above a certain rating.

It's gonna be funny that, after all the work Blizz did buffing alliance racials, still everyone is going to be playing human. xD

Deleted
    Oh no they won't change the Human racial?
    How will I be able to PvP now?

Oh wait I can.
    I was scared there for a moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Lol - All you 1200 bads not even realising that horde and most of the other Alliance racials are better than EMFH in PvP.
    That depends on your role/class. Having double dps trinkets (including the extra pvp power) as a warlock for instance is insane when you still have EMFH aside from unbound will. The extra on use trinket outweighs blood fury by a long shot for example. The current arena game is most often centred around burst (unfortunately).

The first and most necessary fix would be to put the same amount of pvp power on battle master and escape trinkets as on dps trinkets.