10+ Year Old Account

Hunters and Weapon Enchant Visuals

after reading the info on the front page concerning weapon enchants i couldnt help but notice, they are all melee weapons only. now im sure Hunters will get some sort of a scope enchant for the sake of numbers, thats fine and dandy, but how come we are not allowed to share in the visuals with the rest of the classes?

has Blizzard mentioned anything about this? would be nice if we could use those enchant visuals on our bow/gun/crossbow.

kinda makes having an Enchanter's Study rather useless in the garrison of a hunter.

maybe somebody could tweet them about this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I don't really see how this could work, I'd imagine most hunters wouldn't want a visual on a gun per say, but something on the tip of an arrow/bolt maybe? You can see a bolt loaded into Xbows even sheathed right? I could see maybe altering some of the projectiles?
    Last edited by 87Octane; 2014-08-29 at 02:57 PM.

Hunters never had visual enchants on their ranged weapons to begin with. From the get go, ranged weapons never really fit the idea behind enchants since they fired projectiles as opposed to enchanting a single piece of equipment.

I have a hard time saying that Hunters are left out of this new addition if they were never incorporated in the initial concept.
    Last edited by Monkiy; 2014-08-29 at 03:10 PM.

True, I was going to mention that but at least in the past Hunters had other weapons sheathed. They've sorta only gone backwards - trying to throw them a bone :P

Look at it this way, when Blizzard makes a sword, a lot of classes will share that item as a tmog choice.

Hunters have three unique weapon types, they don't need those effects to stand out.

Besides, enchanted ranged weapons don't make much sense, and nobody would notice enchanted bullets/arrows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    I have a hard time saying that Hunters are left out of this new addition if they were never incorporated in the initial concept.
    the thing that bugs me, is while true on the surface, hunters used to carry a melee weapon which could be visually enhanced. since switching to ranged weapon only, why not just allow the entire weapon to give off a glow, like the swords/staves/axes whatever else can? i mean, basically the garrison enchanting hut has exactly no use for a hunter. the only class to be completely excluded.

it seems like an easy fix, just allow ranged weapons to share the same glow, then a class wont be excluded from a new feature in WoD.

maybe somebody else could shed some light on this: is there any other class that is completely excluded from anything garrison related?

im glad they removed the stat sticks at the start of MoP, but after spending the entire expansion without a visual enchant, i just think its time to give hunters the option to add a glow (or substitute some other visual). since we can now transmog visuals, whats stopping them from letting those visuals be applied to ranged weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Besides, enchanted ranged weapons don't make much sense, and nobody would notice enchanted bullets/arrows.
    im trying to stay away from this, dont think of it as enchanted ranged, but visually enhanced. ive enhanced my bow/gun/crossbow with a sun piercing scope, that gives off a yellow glow, for example; and gives some use of the enchanters hut to the hunter class. its just a visual and just an option, because i know there are plenty of hunters that would rather not have any visuals.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-08-29 at 04:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    A little red/green laser sight that triggers when we do the aim animation (wouldn't have to go to the target, just short like the goblin before siegecrafter) would have been nice. Apart from butterflies around a nature themed bow I don't really think any of the others would look good. They are too flamey and would look silly holding a burning gun/bow. Plus some weapons already have showy effects which would complicate things.