Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The only guilds that should be class stacking in raids to the extent where classes are completely neglected are ones doing cutting edge progression where the classes they stack are players alts, so it's irrelevant because they usually get their raidspot anyway. For nearly any other guild, if you are a good player, you will get a spot.
    Retired hunter

If you are average and hunters perform below average, then your options will be limited. There are quite a few hunters out there. (not to say they are any good.)

I've always found a guild for any spec/class/role I wanted to play, but this isn't a thread about me. If you are a good player, you won't have to worry if your class is trash or not. Still I don't like playing anything that is below middle pack, although I have...

Right now it's up in the air if guilds will be actively recruiting hunters. If you really want a spot you should be looking for a guild now or previously. Noone knows if hunter will be trash tier, average or warlock level.
    Stay salty my friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    I think you misunderstood. A good played warlock will still be taken over a Hunter in a raid spot.
    And yet he still need our hunter for spell haste

Can bring any buf possible - check
    Has raid utility - check
    Is the only ranged DPS that can still move and DPS - check
    Equip a weapon that no other class can even use - check
    Equip mail armor that is usualy the less used armor on most raids - check

I dont realy see why a Mythic guild wouldnt want 1 or 2 hunters on theyre rosters.

Two hunters will probably be the norm in mythic. We're currently toying with the idea of three, because our hunters are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Has raid utility - check

I dont realy see why a Mythic guild wouldnt want 1 or 2 hunters on theyre rosters.
    I don't see #3/5 as reasons to bring a Hunter but I see where you're going with that.

I think 2-3 Hunters would be the norm to squeeze in a fox for those 1 min cd boss abilities.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    I don't see #3/5 as reasons to bring a Hunter but I see where you're going with that.
    Mobility is the entire reason Hunters are so good for progression. There are lots of fights where having full mobility allows them to do the "bitch jobs" without losing any DPS.

Hunters are boring as sin on the beta atm, unless you like BM. Just a heads up.

Deleted
    Your right there is a lot of hunters but as others have said just be good at the hunter and you will keep a place, also look for a guild looking for ranged dps ask do they need a hunter then perform well and GG

Deleted
    If you're good you will raid.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Hunters are boring as sin on the beta atm, unless you like BM. Just a heads up.
    I only played BM and MM on beta since I'm sick and fucking tired of SV and I don't know why you would think that they are boring on beta and not on live. They reverted any big changes they made on SV and MM is not as bad as people say it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosweaver View Post
    I only played BM and MM on beta since I'm sick and fucking tired of SV and I don't know why you would think that they are boring on beta and not on live. They reverted any big changes they made on SV and MM is not as bad as people say it is.
    Because not a single change they have made has done anything to make the specs any more interesting? All they've done is reduce skillcap
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Has raid utility - check
    Bringing buffs really wont be a thing anymore, in 20m all buffs should be provided just like 25m. Even so if your missing 1 buff theres still plenty of other classes to choose from to provide a certain buff.
    We do have raid utility now yes, and I'm glad for it, however it really shouldnt be overvalued. It'll be amazing for some abilities, but in general poor on most boss fights (compared to other raid cds).
    Our mobility remains, certainly, but its been stated it comes with a tradeoff of dps (although I think it shouldnt, I mean if so, why not make DoTs a dpsloss on single target fights?#randomthought). Also we might be the ''only'' ranged dps that still has alot of mobility, but before there were only 2 others, and I dont think anyone should be crying the most OP class by a fucking lightyear this expansion is losing their mobility.
    Yes we have hunter-weapons, but obviously their dropchance is lower than lets say a caster staff. I've had a blue weapon in tier 14 for like 5-6 weeks before I replaced it, Kripparian finished t14 with a LFR weapon.
    The mail armour is now shared with elemental and restoration(I think) aswell, the gearchanges in wod do not benefit us.

Its not like all the points you make are bad, but each one has a counter argument really. Whether we'll actually have solid raid spots is still a question, obviously.

Me neither, most mythic guilds will run with 2 hunters. No reason to not have 2 of each class in your roster. Doesn't mean we'll actually get raid as much as lets say a warlock. 2 Hunters WAS the norm in a 25HC raid, will it be the same in mythic? For me its not that hard to *imagine* a hunter spot might be the 1st to cut, looking back at how we preformed this expansion compared to other ranged.

I think 2-3 Hunters would be the norm to squeeze in a fox for those 1 min cd boss abilities.
    I dont think so, its a good ability but *almost* none of the abilities I've seen require alot of movement and have a 1min cd on it. 3 Hunters is therefore unlikely to me, but then again I might be wrong about that we obviously havent seen much of the bosses (tactics) yet.

If you're good you will raid.
    This is a much seen comment and even though theres alot of truth in it, it really shouldnt be said as much as it is. First off all it doesnt go up for every boss and there are more things involved than just being good. I've seen first hand how really good shadow priests sat on almost the entire Lei Shen progression just because they sucked on that fight(or well, other classes were better). They didn't raid progression for weeks by the way. I've sat progression-farm because of my class. I myself sat hunters just because I knew they wouldnt be good on certain fights. And I know that, in my current guild, if hunters arent good on a certain fight, I most likely wont be there for progression. Now imagine hunters are one of the worst dpsers in wod, and its very easy to come to the conclusion that you will not raid (as much as the avg guildie), even if a fight doesnt particullary sucks for hunters. There are alot more factors involved. Also I've experienced this in a range of guilds (top20-150) so it doesnt mean this is just a ''hardcore elite thing'', alot are effected.

In general, yes if you are the best player in your entire guild you'll raid regardless or if your mythic roster is ~25, but that really doesnt go up for most of us. I think that for a good portion of us, class balance will determine how much we'll raid in wod and for some in which guild we'll be playing. Obviously skill plays a huge roll. For some it will be the only thing that matters when it comes to raidspots, but for others skill isnt everything that counts unfortunately..