Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will Proving Grounds achievements be removed/replaced at WoD launch ?

Hey everyone !

I was wondering if anyone had any hint whether or not the current Proving Grounds achievements will be removed and/or replaced with WoD.

I asked a GM about it, and he told me that he doesn't know, and that I should keep an eye on the forums to eventually get an answer.

What is the current situation on BETA ? Are the achievements moved to Legacy and replaced by new ones ? Did they become FoS ? Or maybe there isn't any change at all ?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are categorized as Legacy. New achievements will be earned.

Alright I guess I should get started before 6.0 hits then :>

Thanks anyways !

Are Legacy achievements not obtainable? The Proving Grounds achievements have the tag (Level 90) attached so I am curious if they behave like Herald of the Titans or are just flat unobtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by bejii View Post
    Are Legacy achievements not obtainable? The Proving Grounds achievements have the tag (Level 90) attached so I am curious if they behave like Herald of the Titans or are just flat unobtainable.
    It's been said multiple times on these forums, and in other threads, and on other websites easily accessable through a Google search, that Legacy achievements WILL NOT BE OBTAINABLE after WoD hits.
    Herald of the Titans is a Feat of Strength and will remain so.

Where is the new proving grounds area in Draenor btw?

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Where is the new proving grounds area in Draenor btw?
    It's the same proving grounds, AFAIK. Mentiond last week I think, they just tuned it better - something with NPCs/mobs scaling with your gear instead of what is implemented right now (downgrading gear)

Here and here.

Quote Originally Posted by moothz View Post
    It's the same proving grounds, AFAIK. Mentiond last week I think, they just tuned it better - something with NPCs/mobs scaling with your gear instead of what is implemented right now (downgrading gear)

Here and here.
    Thanks for the information. I was hoping they'd have a new area with new Draenor-related mobs(ie: Ogres, Orcs, Arakkoas, etc)

Any suggestion as to which class/spec is better for each endless Proving Grounds ?

I'm currently doing the DPS one with a destruction Warlock, but I don't know which class to gear for the heal and tank one.

Quote Originally Posted by Changeform View Post
    Any suggestion as to which class/spec is better for each endless Proving Grounds ?

I'm currently doing the DPS one with a destruction Warlock, but I don't know which class to gear for the heal and tank one.
    I went with Resto Shaman for Healer, did my research and had some "just in case" resto gear with mostly good stats (spir>crit>mast>>>>>>haste) laying around. Took two tries of wiping to get familiar with the rounds and then it was smooth sailing the third time around.

Read that Resto Druid and Resto Shaman have it easier than the other classes (tried both Priest specs beforehand, but was a lot easier as Resto Sham for me). Some tips if you try RSham:

Astral Shift and use it when you get a bomb on you to save some mana. Conductivity+Telluric Currents is very good. With Conductivity and Telluric Currents and knowledge of spawns, you can keep it up for a full wave. Very often though, the tank will run out of Healing Rain for no reason. That is awesome.

Knowing when the bleed mobs come is vital as those are the only rounds your groupmembers really need to be topped off. When the wave with 2 aquatic mobs come, priority dispel is always melee. If both are in melee suck it up and waste some mana with bomb heals.

Try having the warrior not waste Shield Wall on anything that isn't a conqueror. Spirit Link is an insane tool for bleeds or emergency vs conquerors if he did pop Shield Wall early. You always have something to pop each wave with Ascendance, Healing Tide, Spirit Link, two elementals (10% healing buff) and double Healing Stream (with the talent that lets you reset <3m totems). Nature's Swiftness is also usable on every wave if need be. That+Unleash+Greater Healing Wave usually gets someone to 90%+.

Sometimes, RNG does hate you with how it places the bleed and the dispel. Just suck it up and keep going or try again if you wipe. You will dispel both debuffs if they are on the same target. You can also suddenly wipe at 20% HP (happened on one of my tries where I soaked a water bomb without a CD).

All those tools are what made me go Resto Shaman as you have something for everything and something more if shit really hits the fan. Other people find better luck in specs they are more comfortable with of course. Also, interrupt and Cap totem are very good friends to save on mana.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#syN]|hrb

The spec I went with. You can replace Astral Shift with Stone Bulwark to completely ignore the bleed debuff (it disappears once all mobs from that wave is dead) if you are having issues with that over dispelling. Shorter CD so usable on every wave. The Healing Wave glyph is also not as good as the other two, possible to replace it with Eternal Earth to save mana and GCDs on Earth Shield refreshing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Thanks, I guess I'll try to do it with my druid, as I don't have a shaman

Any idea which of druid & paladin is better for tank ?
    Last edited by Changeform; 2014-08-29 at 11:36 AM.

Druid I'm pretty sure. Saw a lot of people complaining that paladin was the hardest tank to do it on.

What's so great about a "legacy" achievement? I'd rather try to get actual feats of strength. Especially since you will have to do it again in WoD for the same rewards.

Nothing really great, it's just that you won't be able to get them later. So having them is something unique, that will be less and less seen as time goes by.

Trying to do endless healer all day long, what a nightmare... Never healed before so working on it, got the hang of it sort of I suppose with all the tricks. Reaching 24-26 waves, so close...

Quote Originally Posted by Talyrius View Post
    They are categorized as Legacy. New achievements will be earned.
    If I get to wave 30+ prior to 6.0 will I get both the legacy (level 90) and the one that replaces it? Or will I need to re-earn the "new" version? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TarotCard View Post
    If I get to wave 30+ prior to 6.0 will I get both the legacy (level 90) and the one that replaces it? Or will I need to re-earn the "new" version? Thanks
    Probably re-earn though no idea really, I don't want to do it again... Just wiped on wave 35 as healer, never ever again :P

10+ Year Old Account
    are the titles the same?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    After copying all my characters on PTR, i found out that i lost every single Endless 30 achievement i had, plus the "You're doing it wrong". They were supposed to be in the Legacy section along with challenge mode/brawlers guild but they are nowhere to be found. Anyone else with the same issue?