Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    Are you suggesting some mobs exist to not drop anything?!
    http://wod.wowhead.com/achievement=4975

Yup, they do
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    actually it drop something called achievement

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is really interesting and mysterious! I wonder if this will be part of the 6.0.2 stuff, or maybe another future event added in a patch (Like how 5.3 had Battlefield: Barrens). Wowhead also lists about 5 more mobs added in 6.0.1, so this is definitely something big. Anything that continues the Infinite dragonflight story is a thumbs up from me (Although I think their use in War Crimes was stupid) !

Quote Originally Posted by Jespar View Post
    Did Kairoz actually kill Soridormi as shown in the vision of time, or was that just a possible future? Some of this time travel stuff is giving me a headache...
    That hasn't happened. Since Garrosh killed Kairoz, I doubt that dragon will be doing anything. Apparently we fight his spirit during Chapter I of the legendary quest chain, so maybe his spirit returns to Azeroth?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    And I want an infinite drake mount!
    Awwww yis, that would rock!

Wouldn't there be another Kairoz(or an infinite amount of Kairozs) in other timelines that could come to our timeline with his army?

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Wouldn't there be another Kairoz(or an infinite amount of Kairozs) in other timelines that could come to our timeline with his army?
    Oh Christ almighty please no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Oh Christ almighty please no.
    To be fair, the slippery slope of introducing alternate timelines here is obvious in that... it's either going to get blatantly ignored, or things will accelerate out of control. If it's the latter, I'm betting it'll culminate in some great big raid fight against an unending tide of infinite flight dragons to somehow close off our own timeline from them for good.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds WAAAAY much too like "Tipping the Rifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    To be fair, the slippery slope of introducing alternate timelines here is obvious in that... it's either going to get blatantly ignored, or things will accelerate out of control. If it's the latter, I'm betting it'll culminate in some great big raid fight against an unending tide of infinite flight dragons to somehow close off our own timeline from them for good.
    Yeah I really hope they limit the infinite this to 1 content patch. I love WoD so far, but I want this time travel business to be over.

Not really. As you said, if Blizzard puts some effort in addressing the Infinite Dragonflight, along with the Vision of Time this expansion, they can close the Pandoras box of time travel. We are there because a crazed former time traveler used spacetime magic he found on a sporadically appearing time lost island.

The circumstances and events that led to WoD are incredibly rare. It wouldn't be all that hard for Blizzard to 100% deal with the time travel shenanigans of this expac, it all depends on whether or not they want to.

Oh boy I hope their back!! Ever since end time I've always wanted to know what tips Noz into the dark side.

Now this is a time travel or whatever theme that I could get very interested in instead of the random going back in time to see old orcs :P
    Hopefully we get some story/content with them, perhaps a background for things to come later!

Ya know, WoD kind of had to happen for the Infinite to still exist in the first place.

As someone of you might remember, and most of you don't because you plug your ears for this bit, the events of End Time never happen and will never happen (in our universe) because Nozdormu lost his Titanic powers and thus even if he flipped out and went super psycho there's nothing he can really do aside from breathe fire and die of old age.

In the WoD short story we see that there's a ton of alternative timelines that stretch back to the past and aren't the same necessarily. There's no longer an Aspect of Time to "delete" those before they get going. That means that if even one Azerothian universe has no Deathwing but does have Nozdormu becoming Murozond, then we could have Infinites jumping over to ours.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    The Infinite Dragonflight would be an interesting choice for a middle raid between Blackhand and Grom if they decide to have one.

No I meant that as in:

"OH GOD AN INFINITE NUMBER OF KAIROZ IS ACTUALLY LIKELH AND SOUNDS SLOGHTLY AWESOME YET TERRIFYING"

He died in too spontaneous of a way, and before we got a single answer from him.

He's alive in this manner; he is literally infinite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was the "eagle-eyed player" mentioned in the OP who first noticed the rift, though I didn't notice the Infinite Vanguard until it was pointed out later by CosmicGuitars.

That is the only Infinite dragon in all of Tanaris (besides the level 50 rare who's been around since Cata), but as Leword pointed out a Vanguard is someone an army sends ahead in advance. The mob is also only level 90, so it's not something for the future. I feel pretty confident saying he's the herald of a pre-launch event, and with the time rift it probably involves fighting off Infinites invading the CoT. Maybe we'll see Soridormi die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some people forget how many people actually hated the pre-wotlk event. Despite it being a very nostalgic amazing memory for some, a lot of people hated it, hated it very very much.

Don't let the rose tinted glasses fool you, the event was the be all end all of wow, just like wotlk wasn't the be all end all of the xpacs, just very nostalgic for many players (which makes sense b/c that was the peak of wow).

10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy-ominous.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I think some people forget how many people actually hated the pre-wotlk event. Despite it being a very nostalgic amazing memory for some, a lot of people hated it, hated it very very much.

Don't let the rose tinted glasses fool you, the event was the be all end all of wow, just like wotlk wasn't the be all end all of the xpacs, just very nostalgic for many players (which makes sense b/c that was the peak of wow).
    Nope, best event. Best event in town.

Combine the WotLK build-up plague and world-events with the city invasions/bonus bosses of Cata, and you'd have the perfect event, sez I. Forget that noise that was the Pandaria 'event.' Looking forwards to see how the WoD event shakes out, seems like it has potential to be good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post

A lot of people hated it because it interrupted their peaceful time. People using the AH got interrupted, and people who just sat around in Org doing nothing were no longer safe.

As someone who thinks WoTLK is incredibly overrated, the zombie world event is undoubtedly still the best world event. The only people who complained were those who were anti-fun.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Yep, Blizzard doesn't disappoint when it comes to world events.
    Pre-cata Event would like to have a word with you... However, pre-wrath was best thing in video gaming ever.