Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What was the worst boss in Mists of Pandaria?

Now that the final raid tier has been out for a long ass time, I think we may as well have a discussion on the boss throughout all three tiers that you hated the most. Could be because of mechanics, raid comp reasons or even just because they didn't drop your loot.

Personally, I hated Garalon the most. Fuck that boss, in an expansion full of fights that were fun as hell to Tank, Garalon was the one boss that I was forced to play a spec I really dislike (Ret) in order to progress. Bonus points to Lei Shi for just being a really fucking stressful fight to tank as a prot paladin.

I'd put a poll, but I don't think I'd be able to have that many options.
    Last edited by Xothic; 2014-08-28 at 09:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Guess i would have to say HC Ambershaper Unsok... God... That stupid mechanic that some1 would always fuck up even on normal. What the hell is so hard to press 1 to kick that monstrositys cast?... Gahh..
    Second place for me... Probably Will of the Emperor.. but only because of that retarded achievment for the meta
    Third place... Jinrokh... needed like 150 trys for first kill on hc.. since to many would fuck up dodging the lightning during his storm.. that was really annoying^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't too fond of most of the bosses in Heart of Fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a big fan of Council fights in general, but Troll Council felt sloppier than usual to me. It just isn't logical for 4 very powerful trolls to fight in the way they do. Really Kaz'rajin? That's an effective tactic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Answer to this is either: Heroic Ambershaper or Lei Shi (in any version).

Absolutely awful fights. The raid content in MoP was generally really, really strong. But those two? Oh god why.

Pick anything in HoF and you are in the top 6 at the very least. Hands down the worst raid Blizzard has put together so far.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

heroic sha of fear

Normal Horridon before the nerf. Holy crap that fight was annoying. I can't speak for Pre-ToT as i pvp'd almost exclusively up until throne was released. Heroic fights in throne and SoO weren't that bad though.

Deleted
    Amber Shaper for me as well. Vehicle fights are always going to be a mess unless you have a perfect raid (which we surely hadn't). That moment when Player X gets picked and you know this kill isn't going to happen ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I despised and still do Amber Shaper HC... One little fuckup - and BOOM, fail! That boss was the pain of my existence for a long time... I do agree that on all of my Amber Shaper fights I did pray that the "right people" would get to be construct... The horror... horror....

And now... I guess the place has been take over Shamans heroic. It seems as a simple fight when all is executed properly... But if you run melee heavy on 25-man w/ 3 tanks and when even one of the melees fucks up on Faul stream... I can kiss half my raid goodbye! :P
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-08-28 at 09:40 AM.

Amber-Shaper Unsok is going to win this hands down. There's nothing worse than throwing people into a vehicle fight without any regard to what to do with the vehicle (which is also why Teron Gorefiend in Black Temple was bad; it's surprising that the developers repeated the same mistake like that)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Council fights in general, but Troll Council felt sloppier than usual to me. It just isn't logical for 4 very powerful trolls to fight in the way they do. Really Kaz'rajin? That's an effective tactic?
    It`s not the best idea to apply logic to boss fights or else you get some hilarious outcomes. :>

For me:
    4. Immersius was a terribly boring fight, slightly better on HC
    3. Durumu - the way maze was presented at the start, took ages for Blizz to make the path more visible.
    2. Primordius - the hilarious FPS drops when you stood on the platform leading to Ra-Den
    1. And the winner is Malkorok. God this fight was an utter frustration, main reasons were people not able to soak and me not able to see orb spawning under my feet without any DBM warning

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hmm, well since I've only done SoO normal while it was current content i'll say... Norushen, back when my guild was just starting out SoO was released and the first thing we did was dive into normal mode with our ToT gear (Despite me insisting that we should do flex first to get used to the tactics and gear up), anyway it went better than i expected and we got immerseus and protectors down with little problem....then came Norushen...Post-buff Norushen...(They decreased his enrage timer so he'd enrage in 6 miniutes instead of 8 or something), now in our gear, we kept getting hit by his enrage and other mechanics (We went in not knowing the tactics) until our wipe count ended up being something around 50 wipes, now for the third boss in normal mode, that's pretty bad. Once we finally outgeared him (Through doing raid finder and timeless isle, as well as allowing others to get their capes..) we killed him and never wiped that many times on another boss again, well granted i got kicked off the raid team not long after and replaced by someone else, but the point still stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shi has my vote.

Deleted
    Have you all forgotten about lei shi?

7+ Year Old Account
    a two-way tie between garalon-lei shi

Amber Shaper was the worst for me. I absolutely hate that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Amber-Shaper Unsok is going to win this hands down. There's nothing worse than throwing people into a vehicle fight without any regard to what to do with the vehicle (which is also why Teron Gorefiend in Black Temple was bad; it's surprising that the developers repeated the same mistake like that)

You beat me to it. Though I would also add the total BS where you die after the fight is won anyways if you're transformed. Eff everything about that fight.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    All these people saying Amber HC, I'd totally forgotten about that fight. I remember my guild tried to do some weird exploit to trivilaize him before it got patched, but I don't think we ever managed to pull it off. Most likely owing to the fact we didn't really know how to do it.

Also I disagree that all the HoF fights were garbarge, the first two were fun and Shek'zeer wasn't particularly bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    dark animus heroic....worst...fight...EVER.

zerg tactic didn't always work (we tried it during progress, and ended up saying fudge that, we're doing tacts)

i hated healing that fight with such a passion.