Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I gotta say, I came in here expecting everyone to say Heroic Lei Shen and Heroic Siegecrafter, but there seems to be some decent variety. I personally didn't find either that compelling, and Lei Shen was frustrating because you had to split your raid into 4 individual pieces and one piece failing could very well screw over the people who were succeeding. Sure once you down it, it gives you that little bit of accomplishment, but wiping for 200+ attempts and having the potential to wipe every week thereafter due to just one group constantly failing is not a fun concept. As for Siegecrafter, it seems hectic at first but once you recognize the pattern, it's just run to one spot, run to another spot, run to the third spot, rinse and repeat.

For me I'd have to say that Megaera and Dark Shaman. Megaera was fun because of the multiple heads aspect, the fact that it increasingly got more and more panicked as the fight went on, and I loved the rampage phases where you can just stand there and own the healing meters. It really felt like a return to the BC bosses of old. Meanwhile Dark Shaman is fun just because of the split raid deal and how each side is so drastically different from the other. It's sort of like learning two different fights in the beginning until you get stuck on whichever side you're best for.

Also, honorable mention for Heroic Garrosh pre-valor nerfs. It was so fun to learn the fight and it felt like a dance. Everything had to be done so precisely. Lots of fun.

Just about everything in ToT, probably everything except tortos, megaera, and horridon, with lei shen being a super good end boss, and ra-den being a pretty cool bonus boss too.

I liked vaults a lot too, every fight in vaults actually except the last one (which had ok mechanics but was really anticlimactic for a last boss).

I liked a lot of the mechanics in HoF, but the boss characters and how it looked were terrible, except the last fight with empress was a pretty good payoff.

Seigecrafter in SoO is good. Malkorok is ok also. Iron Jugg is pretty cool also. The rest of SoO is terrible, worse than HoF in every way. Overall is probably my least favorite raid in WoW.

Tsulong was decent in Terrace.

Lei Shen. Ra-den would of been except it ended up being really easy to cheese. I liked the idea behind the boss though.
    Stay salty my friends.

Jin'rokh for me. It was honestly the only boss I actually looked forward to.

Totally surprised how many like Siegecrafter. Fight just felt like a pain in the ass really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Jin'rokh for me. It was honestly the only boss I actually looked forward to.

Totally surprised how many like Siegecrafter. Fight just felt like a pain in the ass really.
    Well people judge the "best" encounter for different criteria than others. Some people hate encounters that were difficult for them, some people love the difficult ones. Some people like fights for being challenging or creative or different or complex or having a lot of depth, rather than just liking the fight they found easiest or least stressful. Other people just like the Patchwerk bosses because they like nuking things.

Different tastes for different people.

Heroic Lei Shen just because I thought the fight was amazingly created. Heroic Siegecrafter too.

Healing wise? Heroic Tortos and Malkorak because I'm a monk.

Lei Shen. Definetly the best boss. Awesome mechanic, such a fine tuning and no RNG that u couldnt handle. Best and hardest pve challenge for me at least. Was pretty fucking awesome to kill that boss World 2nd aswell.

Deleted
    Lei Shen and Durumu.
    Really enjoyed the entire ToT, I think it might be my favorite raid in all WoW.
    SoO felt annoying in comparison, many of the bosses were too easy and and the rest were trolololocockblocks, there was no linear difficulty.

I really liked the Stone Guard. Mostly because our tanks were retarded, so we kept getting explosions and our first kill on normal was probably the best I've performed in a raid. I ranked n1 in WoL in hps for that fight at that time so every time we went back to Stone Guards I kept reminding them of that.

Feng as tank, it was a well-made fight which had some cool mechanics with both the items.
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

Deleted
    Lei Shen. Awesome mechanics, awesome atmosphere, awesome boss overall.
    Honorable mention goes to Durumu.

I think it's because of the boss callouts for this one, I seem to be drawn to these (For example I loved the shade of aran, original noth, malchezaar fights for the same reason) but I loved Will of the Emperor. Hectic, cool boss mechanics and great sounds

I'd really love Garrosh if the fight wasn't so long.

Lei Shen was very unique and an extremely well developed fight, and Blackfuse was good as well, managing to use the raid atmosphere to build a unique encounter.

Lei Shen was a very interesting fight, probably one of the better ones.

Really enjoyed Galakras and Nazgrim as well... both feel like actual battles and a bit less like raid bosses, if that makes any sense.

I'm a tank.

Always have tanked, always will tank.

And as a tank in MOP they try to force you to two tank everything by having all these uncreative, unimaginative forced tank swaps. Every single boss in SoO except for protectors has some random, annoying ass debuff that serves no purpose other than to queue the other tank to taunt off you when you get it, when you get 3 stacks of it, or when you get 5 stacks of it. That's it. That is the extend of their design for tanks in SOO and most of MOP. It is very boring and stale. I hate being forced to two tank some fights, i love solo tanking shit that isn't meant to be solo tanked though, but I still find it very annoying shit like that exists. It doesn't add to tank gameplay at all, its just a cue to tank swap and thats it. It would be much more fun to solo tank everything.

Anyway, from that perspective.

My favorite boss fight in all of MOP was The Stone Guard. First boss in Vaults. The reason I like this fight so much is because it was a little more engaging to deal with as a tank. You had to clearly understand the mechanics and how it worked to know what to do at any given moment. You had to swap dogs, trying to keep one generating energy and the others at low energy levels and it was all dictated by their proximity to each other. I liked it because even though you needed 2 tanks to do the encounter, there wasn't some annoying ass, pointless debuff there for the sole purpose of "YOU MUST HAVE TWO TANKS, FUCK YOU - Blizzard". The reason you brought two tanks to stone guard was because each tank actually had their own purpose. THe tank swap mechanic wasnt just some dumbass debuff that gave you a cue to taunt, it was a huge part of the encounter and why guilds with shitty tanks really struggled on the fight whereas if it WAS a simple tank swap debuff bullshit like in SOO those same guilds would've breezed through it because that type of gameplay requires no thought.

Furthermore it was always possible to solo tank this fight. The amount of damage to the raid was extreme for the item level you'd be fighting this boss at but with intelligent use of raid cooldowns and spirit shells and such, you could just solo tank the encounter and let the explosions just happen. They never did increasingly more and more and more damage each time it happened, it always did the exact same amount of damage. If you could survive it once, you could survive it every time, assuming you had CDs.

That's another design point I really like. Make it HARD to do, that's fine. I don't mind things being hard. But making it IMPOSSIBLE to do is something I get really pissed off about. Like solo tanking heroic dark shaman for example, I believe this to be impossible. And I hate that. I don't mind if it would be hard-as-fuck, because things that are hard as fuck make you WANT to try to work for them, want to achieve that. But things that are impossible due to a stacking debuff that hits harder and harder and harder each time so at some point it becomes a one shot no matter what you do is just retarded and I despise that kind of cop out, lazy ass game design.

Anyway, the stone guard are my favorite fight for the expansion.

Second boss in vaults was also mad fun because of the buffs tanks got to play around with. Oodles of fun to be hard there. Spirit kings was also great because you were basically SUPPOSED to solo tank it, prettymuch the only fight in the entire expansion where you were intended to solo tank. Even though nearly everyone solo tanks shit like garrosh and thok, it wasn't really intended from the get-go, but spirit kings was. And that is what makes it special.

Vaults was just best raid of MOP really. Very well designed encounters.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2014-09-16 at 07:39 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I'd say Durumu, it had everything I want from a good boss. Cool model, great voice, abilities that challenge individual players (beams), abilities that challenge the raid (maze), dps checks (walls) and it was incredibly well tuned for the first few kills.

As a bonus, I play an elemental shaman, and getting to spam Chain Lightning always makes a fight better!

I'm going to go with Lei Shen, honestly.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Lei shen and blackfuse hands down

As a DPS: Lei Shen! Such a fun fight! I also like the Empress fight in HOF.

As a healer: I loved healing everything in TOT. Good times!
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

Deleted
    In no particular order, I liked Will of the Emperor as melee, because it felt so rewarding after executing it perfectly. Going to also go with Elegon because of the visuals, and Siegecrafter Blackfuse for the plain fun of dealing with the belt.

An honorable mention also goes to Galakras, I actually enjoyed that fight because it felt different. That is in the beginning of course, before it became a faceroll and boring.