Deleted

Question Back to entrance when locked out .. how long does it take?

Hey there,

i wanna start farming some dungeons. for simplicity my plan is to simply log out to get to the entrance.

so the question is, does someone know how many minutes i have to be logged out to start at the entrance instead of my last position?

I think it's 1 hour, and I also believe it ports you to your hearthstone location.

This is from observation, I may be wrong on both accounts, not something I try often ^^

It will heartstone you. I was farming Gruul for transmog stuff. Logged out in Gruuls lair. Logged in after the reset and found myself in Pandaria (where my heartstone is bound).
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

It'd be faster to simply return / leave yourself.

Deleted
    i do not speak about waiting there for the lockout reset.

simple example: you kill c'thun in aq40 but want to return to the start of the entrance. instead of walking all the way back, you lock out. after 30min you lock back in and start right at the entrance.

so the question is, how long exactly does it take to make things like this happen?

I think 15 minutes or something like that. I know I used to do a stonecore run, log, head out for a smoke and by the time I came back and logged in I was at the entrance. Then its a simple pop out, reset, back to the damn dragon and repeat.

I smoked a lot of cigarettes and still have no mount, btw. Damnit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    It'd be faster to simply return / leave yourself.
    If it was a non-heroic dungeon you were chain running, or you are going to continue using that character during your play session, yes.

If it's a heroic/raid with a lockout, and you were leaving your character parked there for the next run, then not really, since the speed of getting back to the entrance doesn't matter.

As for my own anecdotal evidence, just a few nights ago, I logged out at the end of H. Culling of Strat while farming the nifty shield model from Mally for my warrior, logged in later, was at the entrance to Strat, not my hearth location. And given it took ~15 minutes to run the entire instance due to RP you can't really skip, my hearth was off CD.

I didn't really track exactly how long it took, but it was roughly an hour while I was doing stuff on another character. (I logged in early because I thought of another xmog I wanted to chase for him, and discovered myself at the entrance)
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2014-10-03 at 02:08 PM.