Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

[Megathread] Shadow of Mordor

Making one since im not sure if we already have one, were also only a month away from release so another reason to make it.
    For those of who havent heard/seen it before
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i remember when they first showed gameplay for an article on gameinformer. Charles Randall, a former dev @ Ubisoft who did Assassins Creed 2, accused Monolith of stealing his code. after a couple months it appears that went no where lol

im not a huge LotR mega fan but i plan on picking this up for sure. looks like good combat and a dynamic world.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    My current wallpaper XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it rides on a popular IP i'm not picking this up from launch but will be looking at user impressions.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    i remember when they first showed gameplay for an article on gameinformer. Charles Randall, a former dev @ Ubisoft who did Assassins Creed 2, accused Monolith of stealing his code. after a couple months it appears that went no where lol

im not a huge LotR mega fan but i plan on picking this up for sure. looks like good combat and a dynamic world.
    Yeah, havent heard from that recently - though if you watch the videos it would seem he has a case.
    Maybe no lawyer?
    Or maybe they paid him already.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gameplay looks good, the graphics look good. Yet the setting has me worried it will get tired. Of all the settings in Tolkien's world that I would want to spend a game in, Mordor is the least interesting.

Oh and whats with the two swords strapped to his back? Who does he think he is, Geralt of Rivia!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    looking very forward to this game, hopefully we won't be dissapointed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    The gameplay looks good, the graphics look good. Yet the setting has me worried it will get tired. Of all the settings in Tolkien's world that I would want to spend a game in, Mordor is the least interesting.

Oh and whats with the two swords strapped to his back? Who does he think he is, Geralt of Rivia!
    In case one breaks? Idk XD

Love the look of the game with the dynamic system with orcs getting promotions and stuff. Will be a day one buy.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Love the look of the game with the dynamic system with orcs getting promotions and stuff. Will be a day one buy.
    That is what has me interested and worried at the same time, with that system be procedurally generated like that claim or will it just end up scripted leaving very little variation.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Deleted
    Looks like Assassin's Creed in LOTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    That is what has me interested and worried at the same time, with that system be procedurally generated like that claim or will it just end up scripted leaving very little variation.
    Lets hope for the former

Deleted
    So is it a good idea to buy this game on a PC? I'm not looking forward to be scammed again with a consolized game with crappy kb+mouse function.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a guy that loves Tolkien and his works... I wont even bother with this. Meh.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    So is it a good idea to buy this game on a PC? I'm not looking forward to be scammed again with a consolized game with crappy kb+mouse function.
    If you don't own a controller such as an xbox or ps3 one that works with your PC, it's generally better to not pick up games that are released on multiple platforms, on another note you should simply have a controller as you have quite a few games you can play with a controller considering the use of steam feature you can get a pretty easy setup from your PC to your TV.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    It plays pretty well - very familiar control scheme to Batman (haven't played Ass Creed on console, only PC, so unsure if it felt familiar there). The notoriety system is quite interesting, and could get pretty difficult. I tried it 3 times, with different choices, and they were all different. It was the beginning of the game, so there wasn't a large amount of difference in overall feel to the promotions though.

Deleted
    not watched the whole video yet or know that much about the game, one concern is the combat, is it going to be one of those games where you just spam one attack button and it just racks up the combos without you really doing anything?

game looks cool though, i like the domination systen,

10+ Year Old Account
    We got a kills video

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    We got a kills video
    Love it, going to be alot of fun. I am abit worried that it's gong to be repetitive though.

Deleted
    Betting it will have shit controls on the PC. Anyone wanna bet against me? No one?