Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool List of Additions to WoW come Warlords of Draenor

Since I see so much doom and gloom on this forum, let's just have a happy thread, to remember that not everything sucks.

- Garrisons. Though we can't move them, they're both in very beautiful zones to begin with. Shadowmoon and Frostfire are both very visually and content pleasing, and it shouldn't bother us too much that everyone else has the same thing. It's also nice that we have something to focus on outside of Raiding and Dailies, so we can have more endgame to enjoy and experience.

- Revamped textures. Although this is basic in every expansion, Blizzard's art department really outdid themselves with Draenor (and the models!) Everything looks so nice to look at, and with the updated Models, we should be seeing a very visual and pleasant expansion. Each zone has it's own unique style, and it's obvious when you leave one zone, and enter another. Gorgrond has a very Southern Barrens feel to it, counting the wildlife growth surrounding it brought in with Cataclysm, Frostfire has a very unique style to it, having the essence of Winterspring's cool, wintery feel to Molten Core's fiery hot volcano and lava spouts. Tanaan Jungle, though we don't see much of it, has a great Jungle (as well as demonic) theme to it, and I can't wait to see it fully in the later patches of WoD. Spires of Arak has another unique feel, being the home to the Avian race of Arrakoa. This said, it should make you feel very small when compared to the towering Spires erected either by the Arrakoa themselves, or by the nature of Draenor's landscape. Speaking of, the Arrakoa are also a very majestic and regal race, kinda ironic how they turned into the corrupted bird people we see in Outlands. Talador's Fields of majesty flow ever so gracefully, and Shattrath, from what I've seen, despite being attacked by the Iron Horde, is looking very nice, and of course Nagrand, everyone's favorite, is of course, looking as great as ever.

- Bringing back the Badass Villains! Deathwing and Garrosh were such sub-par villains, Deathwing had potential, but now we can see that these Warlords of Draenor are going to kick fucking ass and kick some gnomes. Grom, the assumed leader of the Warlords, will be a great villain to see dethroned and destroyed. Gul'dan, of course, isn't a villain, but we have no knowledge of his allegiance... yet. But either way, he's still very much a badass, as well as all the other Warlords. I don't have time (nor the knowledge) to get into all the Warlords at this moment, but just know that I have high hopes.

- Darker Nights. That is all.

- Mythic Mode, the mode that will put Heroic Mode to shame, 20 players come in as heroes, but they come out conquerors, with the feeling of accomplishment flowing through their veins! You'll fight through difficult enemies and bosses, maneuver strange and complicated boss mechanics, and have bragging rights to shower your glory upon all the simple scrubs who can't be bothered to get out of LFR. It will be grand for those elitists who want all the glory and challenge of collecting their reward, and I hope they all have so much fun in Blackrock Foundry and Highmaul Mythic.

- Toybox! No longer much you take up space for your Quest and Fun items, now they have their OWN SPACE! Just go to the Toybox tab, and presto! All the fun little toys you've collected in your journey will find a home, where they won't take up space for your own personal junk.

- Proving Grounds NECESSARY for Heroic Dungeons. Now we can do Heroic Dungeons without worrying about whether or not the player you're fighting with is a complete noob or a heroic champion, we'll all be on the same general page of thinking, and know how to handle mechanics and bosses.

If I missed anything, feel free to add! Let's try not to focus on the bad and focus on the good.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

I think there's an unannounced feature that they're not talking about. they've hinted at it a few times, but never actually bring it up, meaning it is most likely pushed back.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ounced-feature
    Last edited by NMX-; 2014-08-07 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You missed quivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    They also revamped the sound. There were weapon enchant transmogs on the front page recently too.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Also grass physics, a minor but interesting change.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

You may want to look into a job in marketing if you haven't already because you wrote that with all the flair and hyperbole of a Blizzard blog post. You also forgot "new masteries and stats.

Bringing back the Badass Villains! Deathwing and Garrosh were such sub-par villains, Deathwing had potential, but now we can see that these Warlords of Draenor are going to kick fucking ass and kick some gnomes. Grom, the assumed leader of the Warlords, will be a great villain to see dethroned and destroyed. Gul'dan, of course, isn't a villain, but we have no knowledge of his allegiance... yet. But either way, he's still very much a badass, as well as all the other Warlords. I don't have time (nor the knowledge) to get into all the Warlords at this moment, but just know that I have high hopes.
    Like I said, you know how to use hyperbole. Most of the Warlords die early on and the Iron Horde is mostly defeated by a handful of guerilla fighters with virtually no effort compared to what it took to defeat Deathwing or even Garrosh. Seriously though, maybe WWE announcer? ...Lucha?
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    Isn't it like a silver mode requirement for proving grounds? The difficulty of that is borderline silly, I don't think the implementation of proving grounds completion req will keep the noobs from stomping into heroic dungeons, lol. I can see people whining about this at launch and blizz removing the requirement, not that it would affect much anyway. Also, I've done endless and most of the mechanics don't have much, if any similarity of most boss mechanics in any proving ground set except for the healing one. Unless they completely revamp proving grounds, those won't be preparing anyone for handling boss mechanics.
    Proving Grounds will be updated for WoD. WoD Proving Grounds are not going to be the same a MoP Proving Grounds, and having a silver in MoP PG won't give you access to anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some more additions are the new quest log/map, new kinds of outdoor max level content, harder 5-mans (which goes along with the proving grounds requirement that you said), other raid difficulty changes besides mythic (more difficulties being flexible, LFR being more touristy, and today's flex/WoD's normal not being in wings), improved questing for Draenor (random epic/rare item upgrades, less gimmicky quests, and more lore in quests), and more content!

Deleted
    Story Quests
    Harder dungeon bosses
    Jumping puzzles
    Timeless isle filled continents
    100 vs 100 battleground
    Micro management game (garrison)
    New models
    New trading system
    New profession system
    New repgrind system

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Jumping puzzles
    This sounds interesting. Is anything like this actually already in the beta? Anything similar to the platforms in that building on the Isle of Thunder?
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/P9dP4e0z5D8/maxresdefault.jpg

Always wanted more of such Super Mario-styled platform jumping arcade minigames in WoW.

100 vs 100 battleground
    I think Holinka said this will be temporary. Maybe a pre-expansion patch feature for 10-year anniversary?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stleoric View Post
    This sounds interesting. Is anything like this actually already in the beta? Anything similar to the platforms in that building on the Isle of Thunder?
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/P9dP4e0z5D8/maxresdefault.jpg

Always wanted more of such Super Mario-styled platform jumping arcade minigames in WoW.

I think Holinka said this will be temporary. Maybe a pre-expansion patch feature for 10-year anniversary?

Cool, thank you for the video. I hope they expand on this even further.

Story Quests
    Harder dungeon bosses
    Jumping puzzles
    Timeless isle filled continents
    100 vs 100 battleground
    Micro management game (garrison)
    New models
    New trading system
    New profession system
    New repgrind system
    what's the new profession and trading system?

Shadowmoon Valleys Skybox.

That is all.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by stleoric View Post
    It will be temporary, and it's going to be for the 10-year anniversary, but since WoD is almost certain to be out before November, it probably won't be "pre-" expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Randmo View Post
    - Proving Grounds NECESSARY for Heroic Dungeons. Now we can do Heroic Dungeons without worrying about whether or not the player you're fighting with is a complete noob or a heroic champion, we'll all be on the same general page of thinking, and know how to handle mechanics and bosses.
    PGs are about as good as ilvl for indicating player skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    PGs are about as good as ilvl for indicating player skill.
    How would you know? Have you tried any of the level 100 Warlords of Draenor PGs yet?

We are getting weekly story quests, like the Landfall weekly quests but throughout the entire expansion. Those will be cool.

Also areas that aren't tied to any quests, that finally reward exploration for once in WoW's life.

And parkour archaeology. If they can still be interesting post-flying mounts, that will be cool.
    You just lost The Game

Stuff Added
    Garrisons
    Skirmishes
    New Models
    Green Highlight over npcs/people
    Weekly Storyquests
    Customisable Garrison Guards/Followers?
    Dynamic Events
    Grass Physics
    Darker Knights
    Transmog Quivers/Relics Only for transmog though http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/141...ries-5-20-2014
    Ashran
    Mythic Mode
    Parkour Puzzles
    ToyBox
    Adventure Guide

Stuff Delayed NOT CUT!!!!
    Karabor and bladespire...but you still have karabor and bladespire plus ashran bases...Content Added?
    Blood elf models...They WILL STILL BE HERE not that big of a deal

Stuff cut
    Trial of the Gladiator
    Moveable Garrisons
    3 Garrison Plots
    WOW see thats it BIG DEAL GUYS WHOOP WHOOP

So yeah its a big expansion people can complain all the want but stuff more stuff than this has been removed in other exps like cataclysm and path of titans..etc so guys lets just enjoy this awesome game that we have loved and played so dearly ty.
    Last edited by DoctaPeppa; 2014-08-08 at 12:02 AM.

NEW MOUNTS!!!!!!

And that moment when I can take off into the skies above Nagrand to fill my Screenshots folder with way too many screenies...that moment alone will be worth waiting for. Got so much that I'm excited about in this expansion though, no doubts about that.