Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Anyone else completely turned off of Warriors lately?

Warrior has been my main since the start of Wrath. Lately (since early MoP) I have no interest in playing my warrior. For the first time in three xpacs, I am main switching to Warlock. I just do not enjoy what they have done with the specs since CS was introduced. The playstyle of fury is so stupid and boring. Hammering all of your rage into a short window is bad play imo.

Anyone else feel this way? There are no changes to the class that make me say WOW! I want to play this class! But other classes offer a wide range of interesting and fun changes upcoming in WoD. The class is just..blah and bland. I know its all subjective though.

I haven't subbed for over half a year now, so I have no clue how the warrior plays, but even so, it'll be my first lvl 100, even if it's underpowered, it'll be my first with epics. Because I've mained a warrior since vanilla.

The class has never had any cool lore, mounts, cosmetics or op utilities like stealth, because we play the soldier, and nerds who right these stories want to right fictions of powerful sorcerers and cunning rogues hiding in the dark. All of which have fictional powers, but the warrior is always locked down to believable standards. Feel the Kampf!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not me. I've played a Fury Warrior since 2006. For about six months or so I switched to Frost Mage (circa 2008, I believe), but that was short-lived. Warrior is the only class that I can play and love. I have a lot of fun with other classes, but I just don't get the same feeling that I do when I play my Warrior.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to feel that way. For years. But just now, I can say I hate what the class has become. The enjoyability of pallys and locks is just greater to me.

Oh good, this thread again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks seem decent, so do Gladiators. Will have my PvE fun. Actually I hoped to PvP this addon a bit but no clue how Arms warriors perform in PvP atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Turned off? No. I'm actually more intrigued with the class now that they're revamping. I haven't played my Warrior regularly since BC.

I love my Warrior, Arms and Prot are the 2 most fun specs to play on MOP and Fury is decent if you have the gear too.. I have no complaints, if Arms was actually competitive in PVE then I'd be in heaven. WOD not so much, both Arms and Fury are horrible specs to play, Prot is still great.

Not even a chance i'd re roll tho, Warrior is the best class.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I still enjoy playing my warrior more than other classes but I agree that I don't like the whole "fit everything into cs windows" gameplay. I wish they would do away with it, but I can certainly live with it. Honestly once you get better gear, it flows a lot better and seems more fun. Hopefully it changes a bit in WoD though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even though ill be sticking with my main through and through, the incoming warrior changes is my least favorite part of the xpac. Luckily the lore, raids, questing and such all look awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Now a new set of people can discuss it

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    You and one of my old buddys need to get a room.. He stated warriors are easy, boring, and not fun at all this xpac. I called bullshit on this, but this guy Warlucia needs to be a lawyer or something, because He can always make a point: previous expansions always had a lot of skill cap with Warriors, not without any stance dancing, any macros, any idea what the hell you're doing- you can be fine with warrior because it really is all simple now. Idk I love my wars, and my filthly paly healer

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I haven't subbed for over half a year now, so I have no clue how the warrior plays, but even so, it'll be my first lvl 100, even if it's underpowered, it'll be my first with epics. Because I've mained a warrior since vanilla.

The class has never had any cool lore, mounts, cosmetics or op utilities like stealth, because we play the soldier, and nerds who right these stories want to right fictions of powerful sorcerers and cunning rogues hiding in the dark. All of which have fictional powers, but the warrior is always locked down to believable standards. Feel the Kampf!
    *write

@OP: So, your real argument here is about not liking where Warriors are going. You're not discussing the actual expansion. I've never liked Warriors. I'll stick to my Paladin.

I don't like CS either... Would like to see it replaced or made into a talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I don't like CS either... Would like to see it replaced or made into a talent.
    Or simply bake into the class with a passive or a proc.

A simple idea:

----------------------------------------------------

Executioner - passive

Your rend ability has a X% chance when it ticks to blunten your weapon causing your attacks to avoid 50% armor for X seconds.
    ---------------------------------------------------

I don't know, just a simple idea and i believe it used to be a BC enchant, it was pretty neat but otherwise they need to do something interesting to rend instead of just making it a straight forward dot.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2014-08-30 at 10:23 PM.

Interesting/Cool Lore

Orgrim Doomhammer
    Garrosh Hellscream
    Grom Hellscream
    Varian

All Warriors ya know.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Not really looking forward to wod and hope for good tuning to have at least the numbers. That said it's supposedly a short addon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    If you can even say that, isn't that a testament to the truth of the topic? if people make a thread over and over again about an issue..maybe..it's..an issue? Herp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    If you can even say that, isn't that a testament to the truth of the topic? if people make a thread over and over again about an issue..maybe..it's..an issue? Herp.
    No, because we who like the current state of warriors doesn't make new threads every month saying how much we love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Maybe, if every class didn't go through this every few months or so.

Basically, when someone gets to the point where they're becoming burnt out on content or on the game itself, the first place they look for a cause of said burnout is the class they play. That's why end of content droughts are the most alt-active point in an expansion. Everyone's leveling new things, everyone's claiming they're going to have new mains for the next expac, etc etc.

Happens all the time. The class is still the class. It's mantra is the same, it's concept is the same and in the end, if you love the class, chances are you'll stick with it through it's ups and downs anyway. If you don't love the class, time to move on.

What more is there to discuss? I mean I guess I could tell you that I truly dislike Arms and Fury on the beta but have fallen absolutely in love with Gladiator. Dunno if that's a valid contribution or not.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree, Luko, but when someone has mained a Warrior for going on..6 or so years now, and has rerolled to another class for a year and has no plans on returning, what is that? Certainly not the same thing.