Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I agree, Luko, but when someone has mained a Warrior for going on..6 or so years now, and has rerolled to another class for a year and has no plans on returning, what is that? Certainly not the same thing.
    It happens. I've mained a Warrior for 8 years and have no plan in changing.. One person changing class after a long time is no indication that there is anything wrong. It happened in every expansion pack, and it happens with every class.

This thread doesn't say anything about anything.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I dont aggree with your view on the current state of fury on live. Fury is great to play on live and I love the burst windows gameplay. What is putting me off warriors is how they are in the next xpansion in particular fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Having fun with my fury warrior - but as a friend warned me, that fun really only started with increasing ilv and crit.....
    Have you seen how it changes in WoD?

Currently on the beta it's nothing like it is on live. It's extremely spammy and monotonous, even worse so than the live version of arms. Made me sad.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I've only recently changed over to Warrior from Monk, and have been having fun with it. My intention is to main my Warrior in WoD.

I have not however experimented with the changes in the Beta, and to be honest, you guys are making me a little nervous about switching to Warrior when WoD comes out. On the plus side, I've only go these few months of preconceived notions, and not years of experience with the class like many of you, so that may work in my favor. lol

My primary goal is just to find a class I have fun with, I can get good with it over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldur View Post
    I've only recently changed over to Warrior from Monk, and have been having fun with it. My intention is to main my Warrior in WoD.

I have not however experimented with the changes in the Beta, and to be honest, you guys are making me a little nervous about switching to Warrior when WoD comes out. On the plus side, I've only go these few months of preconceived notions, and not years of experience with the class like many of you, so that may work in my favor. lol

My primary goal is just to find a class I have fun with, I can get good with it over time.
    Haha, our years with the class mean diddly squat right about now. Warriors change so much from xpac to xpac that it's like relearning a new class every couple of years. Now with the removal of heroic strike for our DPS specs, the only familiar theme seems to be our charge/leap mobility. If you're going to pick warrior as the class to play out of sheer enjoyment, make sure you enjoy the perks of the class and not just its rotation, because they can't seem to keep that stable for more than a content patch or two.

I blame the archaic rage generation system, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldur View Post

Hard to really tell you anything, aside from Protection (which is mostly identical) the class is very different, Arms and Fury share little in common with how they are in MOP. This is the biggest change I've seen in the history of the class, because previously it was always incremental/evolutional changes.... But this time they have gone full out with changes, it's barely the same class.

Beta isn't over yet though, but those changes are at least from my perspective overwhelmingly negative.

Out of all the classes and specs I have played on beta warrior fury and arms feels the best. Brilliant damage and not as slow of the others none of this constant gcd lock. Plays very smooth. Without a doubt warriors will be the most desired melee. Don't be put off by what a minority say. If you don't have beta watch some live streams.

I am just hoping they aren't on the tuning phase yet, there are soooooooooooooo many things blizzard can fix on this warrior class.

If this is the direction warriors are going, the entire class is going to be a COMPLETELY useless and unfun class, i'll be forced to abandon and play another class.

But who cares there are plenty of classes to try out and main.

I actually just switched to a prot war from a guardian druid. That being said, while I was leveling him I did play a bit of fury, and I can kind of see why you're burnt out, but I like tanking, so perhaps fury just wasn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnudge View Post
    I actually just switched to a prot war from a guardian druid. That being said, while I was leveling him I did play a bit of fury, and I can kind of see why you're burnt out, but I like tanking, so perhaps fury just wasn't for me.
    Well, prot and glad spec is probably the best thing for a warrior, just for a fact that its simple and less clunky to play with.

Arms and fury are just an absent spec for me atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I am just hoping they aren't on the tuning phase yet, there are soooooooooooooo many things blizzard can fix on this warrior class.

If this is the direction warriors are going, the entire class is going to be a COMPLETELY useless and unfun class, i'll be forced to abandon and play another class.

But who cares there are plenty of classes to try out and main.
    I haven't seen it myself but Preach (WoW youtuber/streamer) mentioned a post by Blizzard stating that they aren't making any more changes to the playstyles of the classes because they had run out of time, and that changes now will just be for balancing purposes.

I don't know how much to read into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez7 View Post
    Definitely not looking forward to WoD for playstyle reasons.

I don't get how WW is supposed to be our main filler. It's going to break so much CC... and it just FEELS crap. It looks crap. It sounds crap.

I'd do anything for ICC Arms for PVP.. and fury, well, I dunno. Doesn't compare to D3 barb and will never feel as powerful, so there's no point trying.

Tempted by Glad Stance but considering Arms and Holy Pala specs are both now boring as heck (on Beta) I'm really not looking forward to WoD at all.

Definitely feel as though the class has lost something since Celestalon as been at the helm (or on the frontlines)... He's mathy, sure... but his creativity is thorugh the floor. Such a boring guy as far as design goes.

If WW remains a filler, and we dont' have a CSmash proc, then the spec feels dead to begin with. Didn't like Holy Power and I didn't like CSmash in general... but obvisouly some people do. Must be the newbies.
    From what I have read with the numbers being all wonky for abilities making it unclear what the priorities should be to maximize damage (such as cutting MS out of the rotation only being a minimal dps loss for Arms), I would disagree that Blizz is spot on with math. It doesn't take insane algebra skills to develop equations in a spreadsheet to decide what damage values should be to lead players into a clear rotation of which abilities should be pressed when.

The failure to use numbers to convey ideas to players clearly makes me believe that their math skills were overrated by those who were in charge of hiring (who probably have less than developed math skills themselves).

They have definitely done a very good job tuning boss numbers for enrage timers, but that is a one to two step algebra problem that any high school graduate could solve. If they really knew how to develop spreadsheets properly and develop equations properly, then testing would have been much more productive in the time they wasted with the shitty builds they put out.

Deleted
    Played Warrior on and off throughout Wrath, Cata and managed to finally main it for Siege. I've tanked, DPS'd as both Fury and Arms and PvP'd as Arms throughout the few years I've played and I've only ever not enjoyed it once and that was S12 when we were one-shotting people. I had to stop PvPing because it was just not fun at all.

I really like the CS mechanic, the idea of brooding over your rage for a period of time and then exploding in a precise window is what I imagine Fury to be. I don't quite see it as a barbarian or a berserker but more of a smart Warrior that knows when to hit the target at the right time but has huge fucking anger issues. (Sort of like America)

WoD is looking really, really shit at the moment though. I'll still be maining my Warrior but it's just looking a little shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Interesting/Cool Lore

Orgrim Doomhammer
    Garrosh Hellscream
    Grom Hellscream
    Varian

All Warriors ya know.
    Anduin Lothar
    Varok Saurfang
    Broxigar Saurfang
    Danath Trollbane
    Cairne/Baine Bloodhoof
    Bronzebeard Brothers
    Genn Graymane

Aren't they warriors?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Anduin Lothar
    Varok Saurfang
    Broxigar Saurfang
    Danath Trollbane
    Cairne/Baine Bloodhoof
    Bronzebeard Brothers
    Genn Graymane

Aren't they warriors?
    Don't forget the more relevant Killrog Deadeye. Somewhere around half of the important lore characters in Warcraft are warriors.