Artifacts after Legion

i know its too early to think about it .. but for some reason it's bothering me not to know what's gonna happen.

what do you guys think will happen to the Artifact variants .. not the actual artifacts .. but the artifact looks after legion

i really don't want to get connected to some of the looks and see it taken away from me later on.

Deleted
    i think they have to make them evolve, in matter of skin / artifact talent tree

but replacing a lengendary weapon with some staff from quests consisting in killing 4 eagles of the mountains and 6 bears seem kinda akward

UNLESS, the final fight of legion show us being forced to BROKE our artifact to kill the last boss, witch could explain decently why , lorewise, we give up the all mighty powerfull legenday weapon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    UNLESS, the final fight of legion show us being forced to BROKE our artifact to kill the last boss, witch could explain decently why , lorewise, we give up the all mighty powerfull legenday weapon
    So ... what about people that wont even do that "last fight"? Will their artefact just break after a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    So ... what about people that wont even do that "last fight"? Will their artefact just break after a while?
    Could be an introduction quest for the next expansion that is necessary to do in order to progress.

But whatever happens I hope we will be able to transmog the item in future expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Could be an introduction quest for the next expansion that is necessary to do in order to progress.

But whatever happens I hope we will be able to transmog the item in future expansions.
    If they remain expansion specific, then I expect that will be an option.
    Blizzard in my view quite rightly are excluding legendaries which continue to be available beyond their "current" expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I hope we either get new Artifacts or increase the power of the ones we get in Legion. We can unlock new skins/colors.

its really annoying putting an effort and going out of your way to collect those artifact colours and looks .. not knowing whether they're gonna stay or be taken away from us.

i hope they confirm that these looks will stay or if not they will be transmogable after legion so we can get them in comfort

Deleted
    Eh, you will be wielding these bad boys for AT LEAST 2 years to come?

I doubt even Blizzard can tell you the answer on this one since it's so far away and so much can change. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to sacrifice them or somehow siphon the essence/power of the weapon.

I don't think you will be able to transmog them later on, just like you can't transmog current legendaries.

No matter what happens even though it looks to be along the lines by Blizzard comments that Artifacts will not be following us after this expansion I do hope that as previous posters have said that the skins become Moggable since the art value on the majority of these items alone make them ideal candidates for Transmogers.

Myself included I don't normally play anything besides a melee DPS or tank but Felo'Malorn has made me level a BE mage just to weild that weapon and I hope it can be a permenant Iconic Look for that character.

I hope we exhaust most of their power and canonically give them away (We still have them in our bags for gameplay purposes). The weapons could be used for story in the future if they aren't in our hands anymore, so I feel that's the best route to go.

Kosak interview said that artifacts will be gone after Legion, and that if they're smart they'll say you expended their power fighting the final boss of Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Kosak interview said that artifacts will be gone after Legion, and that if they're smart they'll say you expended their power fighting the final boss of Legion
    He also said in the same interview I believe that if they remove them in the next expansion, we'll get to keep the skins for transmog.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

What they should have done is just added artifacts to level 100 characters, and have everything gated behind leveling your artifact. Then, in the next expansion, a new set of artifacts specific to that expansion. So, hitting level 100 allows you to start "gearing up" for the end game, regardless of what expansion you're on. No more of this silly "Just ten more levels" crap where everything, even the revamped stuff, gets soloed after two years.

I'd be fine with losing the artifacts if we got new ones in their place.

Also I see no reason for them not to allow us to use our artifacts as transmog in the future... Let's be honest here there would be hell to pay with the community if they didn't because of us spending all this time getting the skins and color variants and all that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Blezius View Post
    its really annoying putting an effort and going out of your way to collect those artifact colours and looks .. not knowing whether they're gonna stay or be taken away from us.

i hope they confirm that these looks will stay or if not they will be transmogable after legion so we can get them in comfort
    You can say that about any piece of gear from end game though,

personally, my moneys on the power within is going to be used to seal a portal to stop Sar coming into the world fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Which unfortunately doesn't even work with the current artifacts lore - the spriest weapon would NOT let you surely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

What happened to your cloak at the end of MOP?

What will happen to your ring in 6-8 months ?

Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    but replacing a lengendary weapon with some staff from quests consisting in killing 4 eagles of the mountains and 6 bears seem kinda akward
    It was 8 eagles, and yes, it was awkward replacing shadowmourne with a shitty green quest reward with an ugly model
    Last edited by barial; 2015-12-09 at 01:16 PM.