Poll: If it would be Your decision would you remove/change human OP pvp trinket racial?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Human racials are all useless for PvE, as always.
    EMFH is not useless in PvE, there are plenty of unavoidable CCs in PvE which you can negate with it, there are also plenty more avoidable ones where EMFH gives extra margin for error.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Seen a lot of people commenting on how OP EMfH is in PvP but have you seen the Arena ladder? Top human in 3's is ranked 25th. With several orcs, trolls, and forsaken above them. So I think it's a choice you make as either a min/maxer or someone who just wants to play. Also like someone said before an extra trinket is what, 6% pvp power? And the movement freeing trinket has stats on it too, so Blizz compensates a little bit. Min/Maxers are gonna have to pick whatever is THE BEST, and it seems that there's not a consensus on what really is the better choice. So for a more causal player like me... well I play humans because I like them thematically. I don't think you HAVE to play a human to be good at pvp, in fact most people I know who are don't play humans, and neither do the top arena players.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't see it as nearly that OP or Alliance would be winning every battleground. I admit, when I PvP on Alliance I do run Human but all you really get out of it is a second PvP power trinket for what? 6% more PvP power?
    What a great analysis. /sarcasm

Seriously, that "if it were OP then the Alliance would be winning every BG" does not exist. There're varying levels of PVP: serious PVPers almost never do random BGs (was that a surprise?). There's community: PVP players on US are Horde, so that's that. There're plenty of other factors.

Yes, a free trinket slot matters a lot. Sure, your skill matters more until you get into very high ranks (and so, yes, it makes sense to concentrate on improving your skill rather than rerolling, although who's to say you can't do both?), but a free trinket helps, and this help is significant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dermont View Post
    Seen a lot of people commenting on how OP EMfH is in PvP but have you seen the Arena ladder? Top human in 3's is ranked 25th.
    You are looking at US. Look at EU. US players choose Horde because that's where the PVP guys hang out, EU doesn't have that (or, rather, has much less). Also, look at races which US players play on tournaments (yes, lots of humans).

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Troll
    Berserking now increases Haste by 15% (down from 20%).
    Beast Slaying now increases XP earned from killing Beasts by 20% instead of increasing damage dealt versus Beasts by 5%.
    Dead Eye has been removed (was 1% Expertise with ranged weapons).

[...]

Orc
    Axe Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with axes).
    Hardiness now reduces the duration of Stun effects by 10% (down from 15%).

[...]

Human
    Mace Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with maces).
    Sword Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with swords).
    The Human Spirit has been redesigned. It no longer increases Spirit by 3%, and instead now increases two secondary stats by an amount scaling with character level. You can choose which two secondary stats it increases. This has not yet been implemented.
    This is just for reference for everyone stating that orcs/trolls need to be nerfed, and humans need something. It's clear as hell you don't have a clue what you're talking about since this has been official for 6 months now. EMFH at the time was under consideration to be changed/removed, but later decided against without any real reason why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't see it as nearly that OP or Alliance would be winning every battleground. I admit, when I PvP on Alliance I do run Human but all you really get out of it is a second PvP power trinket for what? 6% more PvP power?
    The point is it runs counter to their philosophy that their should be inconsequential choice when picking a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Troll
    Berserking now increases Haste by 15% (down from 20%).
    Beast Slaying now increases XP earned from killing Beasts by 20% instead of increasing damage dealt versus Beasts by 5%.
    Dead Eye has been removed (was 1% Expertise with ranged weapons).

[...]

Orc
    Axe Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with axes).
    Hardiness now reduces the duration of Stun effects by 10% (down from 15%).

[...]

Human
    Mace Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with maces).
    Sword Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with swords).
    The Human Spirit has been redesigned. It no longer increases Spirit by 3%, and instead now increases two secondary stats by an amount scaling with character level. You can choose which two secondary stats it increases. This has not yet been implemented.
    This is just for reference for everyone stating that orcs/trolls need to be nerfed, and humans need something. It's clear as hell you don't have a clue what you're talking about since this has been official for 6 months now. EMFH at the time was under consideration to be changed/removed, but later decided against without any real reason why?
    Cherry pick much?

Blizz addressed that by saying EMfH would be handled by trinket power since its power is directly related to the trinkets that are available. So, in theory, EMfH will be nerfed by WoD having less powerful trinkets. It was nerfed in that manner in MoP as compared to Cata, no reason to hyperventilate about them not following through on it.

Horde have enough advantages, so much they almost all serious raiders and PvPers have migrated Hordeside, yet Horde players think that is all fine and dandy even though it has been true for more than half the time the game has been out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slowpoke much? ure late OP in what... 5 years?
    A single digit amount of extra power is far from imbalanced in PvP. Trinket power is getting nerfed in WoD and other alliance racials are getting buffed to the point its not even good to stick to human anymore PvP wise when u can be dwarf or gnome.

The issue is EMFH since it's inception has been causing the exact same shift for PvP'ers, and ISN'T getting changed while the horde PvE racials are.
    I welcome going back to my warlock seeing rogues a mile away forcing them to use cooldowns from the get go.

http://www.arenamate.net/?region=EU&...800&ladder=3v3

>2200, 47.3% human.
    >2800, 53.7% human.

Alliance has been dominant in PvP for several expansions, and most of this is due to humans. The other races also have very good racials with the exception of worgen. Only Forsaken and Blood Elf really compare.

I don't really care about other regions because I don't play in them. In the EU, people want to be competetive and roll for it.
    As for the people bringing up BGs (????): Most of my characters are alliance and I have about 60-80% win-rate in BGs, I do not have a single character below 55%, I think - not even the horde ones.

I'd say yes but thats just my opinion ya know what i mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    Cherry pick much?

Blizz addressed that by saying EMfH would be handled by trinket power since its power is directly related to the trinkets that are available. So, in theory, EMfH will be nerfed by WoD having less powerful trinkets. It was nerfed in that manner in MoP as compared to Cata, no reason to hyperventilate about them not following through on it.
    They also said the went back on this, and we've seen powerful trinkets from datamining already. How am I cherry picking the 3 relevant races being discussed? Because it shows how wrong you are?

Horde have enough advantages, so much they almost all serious raiders and PvPers have migrated Hordeside, yet Horde players think that is all fine and dandy even though it has been true for more than half the time the game has been out.
    All serious pvpers are alliance on the most serious pvp group, in SPITE of the horde heavy PvE and previous horde preference for hardcore PvP. The alliance are getting stronger PvE racials in WoD, and have maintained higher population throughout the entirety of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    As a person that has two human characters, one being my main.

I'd rather have the Undead or Night Elf abilities instead, I use them far more often. The new Drawf ones seem fun too.
    However, it isn't that important, in all seriousness.
    If they made the human ability better, that would be nice, it is rather useless most of the time.

I really don't see why so many people like to wine about it since they finally balanced the racials.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the reality is that the person I quoted (who you can check post history for similarly out-of-touch comments) does not reflect what most people do in the most competitive pvp field available - go alliance FOR racials. It servers no advantage for them to go alliance otherwise, as all PvE is currently horde focused, and until EMFH came out the pvp was horde focused also. Coming up with an example that doesn't reflect the situation (let's say 10% health instead?) just makes your argument look based on dishonesty.

But hey, let's pretend everyone just rolled human because they liked it, and magically (like with warlocks in pve) its near double their general representation at top levels of pvp...? Clearly all pvp'ers just have a preference to playing humans.

/sarcasm.
    So I get insulted for expressing my own opinion, classic internet right there. Sounds like somebody mad.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    I would remove the effect, but keep the name. The new Racial would be 25% Reduced duration of CC effects. But has a 5 min CD.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really choose races for the racials, I choose them suiting what I like best in a fun-gameplay style way...

Isn't that the point of playing a game?
    Lock rocks, made to order.

You can't get rid of one racial, you have to eliminate them all. I'd be in favor of eliminating all DPS and defensive racials in any PvP settings, even in the world. Or maybe you Horde babies could stop bitching every time you lose some perceived advantage that you think is owed to you. Who are the DPS outliers? Oh yeah, Orc and Troll...Alliance has one race with a small advantage.

So, shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    You can't get rid of one racial, you have to eliminate them all. I'd be in favor of eliminating all DPS and defensive racials in any PvP settings, even in the world. Or maybe you Horde babies could stop bitching every time you lose some perceived advantage that you think is owed to you. Who are the DPS outliers? Oh yeah, Orc and Troll...Alliance has one race with a small advantage.

So, shut the fuck up.
    Are you going to argue that Stoneform, Escape Artist, Trueform and Shadowmeld are useless then?
    Troll one is 110% useless to me anyway, as my troll is Druid and haste doesn't really matter. Orc is okay. Humans racial is higher DPS.
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post

So, shut the fuck up.
    Many people have been saying the same thing - remove all racials at least for rated PVP. Just so we don't have something like EMFH some time in the future.

Deleted
    Well I wouldn't say it's OP but useful and if WotF was nerfed then EMFH also shoud be.

btw.
    Dwarf rogues might be interesting option in PvP since their Stoneform became a bonus Cloak of Shadows...
    Last edited by mmoc9f96497ef5; 2014-09-12 at 02:30 PM.

To comment about the Arena representation with regards to humans - just my opinion here

A lot of people who really "get into" pvp do it Horde-side because they are thematically the "bad guys", outcasts, misfits etc. The undead rogue is the original griefer because they are the exact opposite of a proud, honorable, chiseled Knight on a noble quest. Just like a classic Orc warrior goes on a bloody rampage and cuts down puny humans. People gravitate towards those themes.