Profession changes

Hey,

i havent bothered about WoW for quite some time and went over the changes today. Im sorry if this was already asked some weaks ago on this forum. So i have read that :

"Some of our goals with Professions in Warlords of Draenor are to make them more of a personal choice, and less of a mandatory “min/max” selection. To that end, we're removing the direct combat benefits of Professions."

What does direct combo benefits mean? I mean, if its the bonus one gets from the professions, then why would i pick another profession then Herbalism or Mining since i can make money out of it easily compared to other professions?

Removing direct combat benefits means that professions aren't going to provide any PVE advantage anymore. Ex: No longer will a DPS need to be a engineer in order to dish out max PVE DPS.

We are now free to choose any professions and obviously blizzard expects you to have more characters in order to gain the benefits of all the professions.

Quote Originally Posted by zettazlow View Post
    Removing direct combat benefits means that professions aren't going to provide any PVE advantage anymore. Ex: No longer will a DPS need to be a engineer in order to dish out max PVE DPS.

We are now free to choose any professions and obviously blizzard expects you to have more characters in order to gain the benefits of all the professions.
    Engineering still has tinkers, and they said in a tweet (and its currently working on beta) that the tinkers aren't going to be BoE. While synapse springs is gone and nitro boost shares cd with potions (for a reduced sprint) there are certainly combat benefits available, even a universally useful damage absorb shield cd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The problem is that they have some professions with obvious perks and others where they have not quite figured out how to make them viable.

Engineering has so many toys that the only thing that would make sense is to make them like shoulder enchants. To stop from from being "combat benefits".
    Take for example a tinker like parachute cloak, make two of them: 1) BoP dirt cheap, and 2) BoE with a hefty mat cost.
    TADA problem fixed.

That way professions would be gold-shortcuts to some things, while if one item turned out to be mandatory it would become a much traded item, rather than reason for people to reroll their profession on their main.

They could still have some of the toys exclusive to engineers. Like mounts and teleporters. As they have no combat effect at all. Same with Jeeves and mailboxes.

Celestalon most recently confirmed tinkers are going to be available to all, engineering will still have toys unique to them and the goggles are actually useful as of latest build. (didnt check if they are still BoP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I back to this game sreval days ago. I need some suggestion. Aha!