Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Anyone feel like the KJC nerf has ruined the Warlock class?

I've had a Warlock since Vanilla, even got the Dreadsteed at lvl 60, but it wasn't until MoP that I played one seriously, and I LOVED it!!! It finally felt like something more than just "a Mage with a pet".

With the KJC nerf, though, he class is right back to being that "Mage with a pet" except even Mages can have a pet.

Frankly, I think Blizzard took the laziest route possible to "balancing" KJC. How about instead of completely gutting what made it so fun, you have it reduce your movement speed, damage, or even spell-range? Something that keeps the same "feeling" of playing a KJC Warlock, without being quite so powerful against other classes)

As it stands, though, I just find the WoD Warlock to be boring as shit, which is a shame since my Betrayer set will be left to rot on a lvl 90 toon.

From someone playing lock since TBC, KJC was the most stupid shit they ever introduced and I'm glad its gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Maybe for all the peeps that started playing Locks in MoP.
    yeh thats like playing a DK in wotlk and finding one boring now, you can't destroy everyone in pvp just by gripping them

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved this to the class forums where it belongs.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Well, they kinda did the same with Elemental Shaman and to a very lesser extent Enhancement as lightning bolt was primarily their movement spell. Six second cooldown is their only on the move spell at this point, and they keep claiming that unleash weapon is a damage on the go ability, even though it no longer has damage aspect on it. Honestly, Locks and Shamans seemed to have gotten hit the hardest when it comes to the lack of attacks on the go, though only time will tell in the end how it all balances out in the end with the final products damage tuning.

You have the new mastery for elem shaman that still damages the target when you move, you have your cd and you have plenty of instant cast. You did not get hit hard.

I don't quite know warlocks but I'm sure they'll be fine. They were fine before MOP.
    They are not ruined.

Homophobia is so gay.

OP: No, KJC wasn't in game from the start, many players don't even use it on some or many fights, but removal of something like fel flame I think ruins the class ( or some specs). or the new shard usage for soul swap! this 2 things are the main problems that our class has atm.
    green is the color!

Deleted
    it is good change...

you will just need to live with it...

finally not only priest will have nothing to cast on move...

10+ Year Old Account
    It will make the Brawler's Guild x100 more annoying but that's about it. Not something that will ruin the class completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I'm pretty much done with warlocks and casters in general at this point. I've never been very fond of the 'turret' style of casting as it feels very archaic and detrimental to my enjoyment. Being able to cast and move at the same time makes a game feel much more fluid and enjoyable.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2014-09-02 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I'm pretty much done with warlocks and casters in general at this point. I've never been very fond of the 'turret' style of casting as it feels very archaic and detrimental to my enjoyment.
    Same here, and this is why I play a mage mostly, as they're less "turrety", however they've been mucked about quite a bit, too.

I also don't feel that they've done enough to make the risk of pulling off casts worth it. Dozens of interrupts, stuns and knockbacks remain available to melee, which have seen their CC and mobility reduced very little compared to casters, particularly mages and warlocks. At the very least, they could've left Fel Flame in, rather than have Celestalon try fob off warlocks asking for its return with his rather piss poor rationale.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    Same here, and this is why I play a mage mostly, as they're less "turrety", however they've been mucked about quite a bit, too.

I also don't feel that they've done enough to make the risk of pulling off casts worth it. Dozens of interrupts, stuns and knockbacks remain available to melee, which have seen their CC and mobility reduced very little compared to casters, particularly mages and warlocks. At the very least, they could've left Fel Flame in, rather than have Celestalon try fob off warlocks asking for its return with his rather piss poor rationale.
    I was disappointed when the ability to drain mana was removed. Why the developers see the need to completely change how each class plays with each new expansion never fails to baffle me.

From what I see this is just blizzards way of getting melee and ranged closer to each other for add control like bombs on black fuse.
    Where melee has a down time running over to the adds ranged can just turn and shoot.
    Then on the other hand when there is fire on the ground melee can continue to dps and ranged needs to stop casting and move.
    Before (currently on live) ranged (most classes) could just dps 100% of the time as melee had a 85-90% down time on some fights.
    Before you shout melee lover I play both enh shaman and a warlock.
    This is indeed a needed change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreoras View Post
    From someone playing lock since TBC, KJC was the most stupid shit they ever introduced and I'm glad its gone.
    For someone playing a lock since vanilla, I 100% disagree. Feel free to elaborate however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I don't quite know warlocks but I'm sure they'll be fine. They were fine before MOP.
    They are not ruined.
    They also had a lot more spells to cast on the move before MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwahara View Post
    From what I see this is just blizzards way of getting melee and ranged closer to each other for add control like bombs on black fuse.
    Where melee has a down time running over to the adds ranged can just turn and shoot.
    Then on the other hand when there is fire on the ground melee can continue to dps and ranged needs to stop casting and move.
    Before (currently on live) ranged (most classes) could just dps 100% of the time as melee had a 85-90% down time on some fights.
    Before you shout melee lover I play both enh shaman and a warlock.
    This is indeed a needed change.
    Thats as much about raid design as class design, do you raid 25 or 10? In 25 melee don't really chase bombs they aoe them on boss until they pass out of range then ranged finish them off. A lot of encounters work this way, melee and range are often given different jobs.

From someone who has played warlock since the game's release, it was probably my favorite change ever for warlock. Increasing caster mobility in MoP was a huge progressive step forward for WoW and I think it's a bad mistake to reduce this for WoD.

"We want to tone down caster movement, bring it back to its roots..."

*Goes out an creates Aspect of the Fox*

The game is better off without it. I might miss it a bit, but it's a good change.

As recent as this morning on Beta*
    Destro's mobility is different than MoP but still ok as well as it's damage, Affliction plays fine and can perform really nice in some situations, demo's mobility is obviously unaffected and demo currently does very nice damage. The loss of fel flame is crappy but not a game breaker. The nerf to gateway sucks as well.

OP, locks are not ruined by any far stretch.

Seconded by every melee spec in the game.