Poll: Which was the worst expack lore-wise?

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

Which was the worst expack lore-wise ?

Just collecting some opinion about this. Obviously I dont put vanilla wow in there as its heavily hated by newcomers who didnt experience it, so I dont want to risk my poll being biased. Also it didnt have a single scenario line but a lot of them.
    I added WoD in there on the other hand, I think we know enough of it now.

Deleted
    So no vanilla, but WoD? Yeah, it is biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    How anyone can choose something other then MOP is beyond me. They added in a Panda people to the game; then made them the foundation for the entire expansion. Something that should have stayed a silly joke.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    So no vanilla, but WoD? Yeah, it is biased.
    also classic wow isnt an expack anyway

7+ Year Old Account
    The lore in MOP wasn't necessarily BAD...it just wasn't as good as the previous xpacs. I didn't really feel any personal reason to go after raid bosses this time, other than "they drop cool loot".

15+ Year Old Account
    TBC. There was hardly any story to it at all, other than "here are a bunch of guys from WC3/TFT, have fun killing them". And this is coming from someone who thinks TBC was the best expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    How anyone can choose something other then MOP is beyond me. They added in a Panda people to the game; then made them the foundation for the entire expansion. Something that should have stayed a silly joke.
    Maybe because MoP has had the best in-game lore to date. If you could get past your retarded hate towards "pandas", maybe you'd see that.

There was some legitimate lore though, as much as I think I might PREFER WoD, it's not really adding anything to the lore that we know of yet.. it's too early to say.

And cataclysm absolutely MASSACRED deathwings character, trashed some lore favourites and then fucked off without giving us the n'zoth it kept hinting at.

I will vote later. Still I think WoD shouldn't be on here yet.

Sesto how you felt about TBC is irrelevant, more because you didn't understand the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

If it wasn't for the halfassedness of Timeless Isle and the 14 months of 5.4, Mists would have been, by far, the greatest expansion. Those things set it in a weird wiggly point for me because I still want to think of it as the best (5.0-5.2) but I skipped the first few patches of Cataclysm so I don't actually know if they were good.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    I have to say TBC, the story was all over the place. I'm suprised MoP is leading at the moment tbh, the MoP story lore was amazing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    If it wasn't for the halfassedness of Timeless Isle and the 14 months of 5.4, Mists would have been, by far, the greatest expansion. Those things set it in a weird wiggly point for me because I still want to think of it as the best (5.0-5.2) but I skipped the first few patches of Cataclysm so I don't actually know if they were good.
    I think you misread the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    TBC. There was hardly any story to it at all, other than "here are a bunch of guys from WC3/TFT, have fun killing them". And this is coming from someone who thinks TBC was the best expansion.

Maybe because MoP has had the best in-game lore to date. If you could get past your retarded hate towards "pandas", maybe you'd see that.
    Objectively false.
    That would be WotLK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    I have to say TBC, the story was all over the place. I'm suprised MoP is leading at the moment tbh, the MoP story lore was amazing

- - - Updated - - -

I think you misread the question.
    actually Im not surprised MoP is leading and I made this poll specifically to see it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Sesto how you felt about TBC is irrelevant, more because you didn't understand the story.
    Oh lol. I understood it perfectly, it's not like it was very deep. It was the most shallow expansion lore-wise.

Deleted
    TBC was, in my opinion, the best expansion in every other aspect. But when it comes to lore, none of the others wrecked the shit out of it quite as severely. The character of Illidan, in particular, was shat on so goddamn much by blizzard, you couldn't even recognize him anymore. Other characters, like Kael'thas, saw almost just as drastic re-imaginings, but none were as outright criminal as Illidan's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Objectively false.
    That would be WotLK.
    Sure, if you're one of those Arthas fanboys who think the game died after WoTLK.

Deleted
    Also I do agree some stuff was heavily fucked up in tbc

- Draeneis (the biggest fuck up in wows history)
    - Blood elfs in the horde
    - Paladins in the horde/shamans in the alliance

For that alone Id be ok to rate it very low

And yet the race is pretty firmly established, has its culture, society and major enemies to fight. It even manages to create its own stereotypes in the game world. They may be too kid-friendly, but still hold up.

Meanwhile, Draenei, a race that was created because a race had to be created at this point. They do things with crystals and they are very good. Also, tentacles on the face.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about lore, but the setting was horrible in MoP. I don't care wheter it was or wasn't a part of the original lore, it's just out of place and breaks my immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Sure, if you're one of those Arthas fanboys who think the game died after WoTLK.
    No I don't.

You're still wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Objectively false.
    That would be WotLK.
    I'm not sure you have any idea what that word means.

TBC, but I wouldn't even say it had real lore in it.