Thread: Hex in WoD

Hex in WoD

Hey,

so i have been going through the cc changes in WoD and while there are really a lot one of them caught my attention.

"Hex’s cast time has been increased to 1.7 seconds."

The next thing i did, i scrolled to the mage section to see if polymorph got changed too. And it says nothing about polymorph.

So im wondering, did i missunderstand something? What makes hex so dangerous that it has to be nerfed this way. It already has a cooldown on it (glyph even got removed to shorten it) and it shares the same spell lock with basicly all shaman spells, which makes it highly dangerous when you get interrupted.

I know many abilities got drastically changed, but lets just look at hex and poly now (since they are kind of similiar). Poly that was already better stays, while Hex that was already worse gets even more worse?

Poly is 1.7s in WoD as well (source http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=118 ), it should be considered "stronger" because it doesn't break on first damage, also it is a curse (which can be very good against some comps, such as TSG, KFC with pally/monk/priest healer, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Poly is 1.7s in WoD as well (source http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=118 ), it should be considered "stronger" because it doesn't break on first damage, also it is a curse (which can be very good against some comps, such as TSG, KFC with pally/monk/priest healer, etc).
    Hex is weaker against pretty much everything. What comp doesn't have a sham, mage, or druid to decurse? I have played ~100 games this week and I think I have seen 10 teams that didn't have a shaman or druid healer, and those had an ele or mage in them.

But you are right, cc is getting its cast time increased. Which is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

All casted cc in WoD is 1.7sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Hex is weaker against pretty much everything. What comp doesn't have a sham, mage, or druid to decurse? I have played ~100 games this week and I think I have seen 10 teams that didn't have a shaman or druid healer, and those had an ele or mage in them.

But you are right, cc is getting its cast time increased. Which is a good thing.
    The reason you see so many shams & druids right now is simply because hpalas & hpriests suck, and mw monks got other issues. Hopefully, this will change in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    All casted cc in WoD is 1.7sec.
    Ah, i didnt see that. Its strange that its listed specifically then for hex...that made it look like its Special somehow for shaman

Hex is a really strong CC and I wouldn't swap it for any CC in the game. I'm glad I have hex as opposed to, say, a CC that locks me out of the school I heal myself with, or a CC that still allows the CC'd target to follow you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post

In many comps with mage (eg: RMP, which is very popular) or shaman (eg: Beasth Cleave, also very popular) you can simply hex the said DPS and it will have to eat it or trinket, no dispel is possible.

Also, keep in mind that the current meta game mage is ridiculous OP (I am starting to think that is not current, since I can't remember when mages weren't top TIER since I started playing) and Shaman/R. Druid are the best healers. Hence comps with mage/DPS/Resto (druid or shaman) are very commom, which makes hex less useful, but since the meta tend to change, it will be more powerful again.

That being said, and a little off topic, I am in favor of more diversity in CC dispel categories. As of now the only non-magic dispelable CC are Hex (which is a curse) and Wyvern Sting (which is a poison).
    Last edited by Knolan; 2014-09-03 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing about Hex though, is that it's basically just a silence as you're still able to move while Hexed which I think is quite annoying. For a "crowd control", it's not very restricting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    The worst thing about Hex though, is that it's basically just a silence as you're still able to move while Hexed which I think is quite annoying. For a "crowd control", it's not very restricting.
    You can't just compare abilities in a vacuum. Shaman have healing. Mages have control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Hex is a really strong CC and I wouldn't swap it for any CC in the game. I'm glad I have hex as opposed to, say, a CC that locks me out of the school I heal myself with, or a CC that still allows the CC'd target to follow you.

It would be the strongest if it didn't have a CD.

But in my opinion fear is a much better CC

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    And we have the best stun in the game <3

Wouldn't trade it for a shockwave, stormbolt or any other stun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    And we have the best stun in the game <3

Wouldn't trade it for a shockwave, stormbolt or any other stun.
    Best? I would say overpowered when you couple it with totemic projection. I love my Shaman but I can't help but feeling cheap whenever a retard gets stunned by cap totem.
    Hi Sephurik