Thread: Help with DPS?

Help with DPS?

I just started playing Rogue for the first time a few days ago and according to my SimC'd and Shadowcrafted DPS I'm doing a lot less damage than I should be. I'm still getting used to pooling anticipation charges and pushing into insight levels, however I feel like my DPS should be no where near as low as it is right now.

Snapshot of gear: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Slammy/advanced

Log of LFR Forgotten Depths: warcraftlogs.com/reports/KBqF46wnyjTJcpmz/

EDIT: Just for clarification, my character is Slammy.
    Last edited by otterinthewater; 2014-09-03 at 09:26 PM.

Any chance you get logs on a different site, like Warcraft Logs? Maybe I'm just being an idiot, but I'm struggling to pull anything of use from that except buff uptimes.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Any chance you get logs on a different site, like Warcraft Logs? Maybe I'm just being an idiot, but I'm struggling to pull anything of use from that except buff uptimes.
    I can't but I can get logs of a later raid tonight on something else. I'll post a new log later tonight probably. Sorry haha

Deleted
    Yeah, im not used to reading AskMrRobots logs - But I believe they can turn in into a great tool..

I dont main a rogue, but I do have some pointers I wanna get of my chest:

I see you have a lot of Timeless Isle gear.. And while that is a great way to to boost your ilvls, they often have wierd stats and dont work well with the rest of your set.. Im sure you will see a big increase in DPS, when you get fully SoO LFR geared.

Also, simcrafts often dont take movement into consideration.. So whenever Sha of Pride puts you in prison or you go to help people out of them, you will increase the gap between the simcraft and your real DPS.
    In other words, Simcrafts don´t take tactics into consideration that often.

If you have another dagger i would go assasination.your rotation is going to be easier and at lower ilvls your dps wont suffer as much in fights were your constantly switching targets.once you start getting normal soo gear and a 2 good 1 hand weapons you can switch to combat.download reforgelite its a great addon for reforging your gear correctly.hit/exp cap are still important in mop.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have another dagger i would go assasination.your rotation is going to be easier and at lower ilvls your dps wont suffer as much in fights were your constantly switching targets.once you start getting normal soo gear and a 2 good 1 hand weapons you can switch to combat.download reforgelite its a great addon for reforging your gear correctly.hit/exp cap are still important in mop.

edit:im not a big fan of askmrRobot,just dont think thats it that good but thats my opion.i have always used shadowcraft as far as sims go.like i said its all a matter of personal opinion

Deleted
    well i just checked sha of pride and you had 65% uptime on bladeflurry, that fight does not warrant that much uptime unless the adds were alive for ...well, forever On fallen protectors conversly, you had no bladeflurry uptime. Put BF up when you can hit at least 2 targets! If not, turn it off.

You also seem to have VERY low revealing strike uptime (compared to # casts aswel), keep that up at all times

and thats about it, i dont know very much about MR robot logs so wont go into too much depth
    Last edited by mmoced381f817d; 2014-09-03 at 04:05 PM.

Could you try to logg to another website? And yes you're doing a lot less dmg than you're suppose to, but it's really hard to see why because you decided to logg to askmrrobot instead of worldoflogs/warcraftlogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijl View Post
    well i just checked sha of pride and you had 65% uptime on bladeflurry, that fight does not warrant that much uptime unless the adds were alive for ...well, forever On fallen protectors conversly, you had no bladeflurry uptime. Put BF up when you can hit at least 2 targets! If not, turn it off.

You also seem to have VERY low revealing strike uptime (compared to # casts aswel), keep that up at all times

and thats about it, i dont know very much about MR robot logs so wont go into too much depth
    At his ilvl and the amount of haste he has its only going to mae it worse for him.his energy regen at that ilvl is already slow as hell and having bf up for prot,will onlt make it worse.like i said in my other post he is better off going assas until he gets better gear

BF never, ever, makes it "worse". It's a 40% damage boost at the cost of 20% regen. It's always better if you're hitting more than one target. Always.

Hey sorry I couldn't get a log up yesterday. Will edit this post with one I can upload from today soon.

EDIT: Did a lot better than yesterday in this run, not sure what I changed but it worked I suppose.
    LFR Forgotten Depths: warcraftlogs.com/reports/KBqF46wnyjTJcpmz/

Gear I had during the run us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Slammy/advanced
    Last edited by otterinthewater; 2014-09-03 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    BF never, ever, makes it "worse". It's a 40% damage boost at the cost of 20% regen. It's always better if you're hitting more than one target. Always.
    actually its not a 40% damage boost.you need to read what the spell does,if your gunna post and give someone advice make sure you get it correct.
    While active, your attacks strike up to 4 additional nearby opponents for 40% of normal damage, but Energy regeneration is reduced by 20%. Lasts until canceled.BF isnt a 40% damage buff,if it was we would use it all the time and on single targets.if you read the post and read the post i was responding to and IF you looked at the op's toon and his ilvl you would see he is better off going assas. anyone who mains a rogue and has been playing one for long enough will tell you that assas is the best spec for him at his ilvl.there's a diff between playing the class and knowing the class

Deleted
    I agree, assa would probably be a better spec at lower ilvls, but that stil doesnt make my response incorrect...telling him to change spec isnt a response to his question about what he's doing wrong as a combat rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pentavelant View Post
    actually its not a 40% damage boost.you need to read what the spell does,if your gunna post and give someone advice make sure you get it correct.
    While active, your attacks strike up to 4 additional nearby opponents for 40% of normal damage, but Energy regeneration is reduced by 20%. Lasts until canceled.BF isnt a 40% damage buff,if it was we would use it all the time and on single targets.if you read the post and read the post i was responding to and IF you looked at the op's toon and his ilvl you would see he is better off going assas.
    If you read the section you're quoting, it says "better if you're hitting more than one target." Prior, you responded to a quote that BF could be used on Protectors, where cleave is available, saying that BF would make things worse since he's got low haste. Unless having low haste makes BF a damage loss on 2 targets, your original response (second post) is just wrong, and the second (third post) is arguing against a statement that's not being made.

- - - Updated - - -

OP - if you enjoy it, considering assassination wouldn't hurt. From the current snapshot, you don't have a combat weapon at all -- assuming that hasn't been the case previously or it'd have been mentioned sooner.

For either spec, you can still grab a 450 weapon from one of the scenarios... the name of which escapes me at the moment. Quick route to getting a 450 oh.

Quick look at logs: BF usage is still a bit odd (11% near the start of Tortos?). More importantly early on, you're delaying AR/SB for far too long -- Juju has worn off before you use it the first time, which costs you a lot of auto attack damage. If you're struggling at all with the rotation/finishers/whatever else, try dropping rupture until you're comfortable again. Nothing else is really jumping out at me, but I suspect there's something(s) I'm missing that are obvious.
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-09-03 at 11:08 PM.

Oh sorry the armory updated onto my Assassination weapons. Normally my MH is the 502 axe (can't remember name) off Council of Elders with 2 upgrades on it. And thanks for the advice, the BF usage was because a lot of the turtles were flying within cleave range so I figured why not. After reading up last night I was trying to push a lot of my finishers into a level of insight before I used them in this run and it seemed to have helped though I have doubts it was solely responsible for such a drastic jump in damage.

Should my opener have been Ambush -> SnD -> AR/SB -> RS? I think I had been using RS before AR/SB in this run a lot which was a mistake on my part.

Shadowcraft had me estimated at around ~107-109k so I improved drastically this run compared to the night before. Not sure what changed between the two runs.

Should my opener have been Ambush -> SnD -> AR/SB -> RS? I think I had been using RS before AR/SB in this run a lot which was a mistake on my part.
    I always open with ambush > SnD > KS > RS > AR/SB > start rotation, from what I've read this is one of the best openers.

Aim for 99%+ uptime on RS and SnD. Refresh rupture when its < 2s.
    About reforges, make sure your hit and expertise are capped (7.5%).

I'm pulling some good numbers with those advices, 250k+ dps w/ 551 ilvl without legendary cloak.

Just play hard and master your class and rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by pentavelant View Post
    While active, your attacks strike up to 4 additional nearby opponents for 40% of normal damage, but Energy regeneration is reduced by 20%. Lasts until canceled.BF isnt a 40% damage buff,if it was we would use it all the time and on single targets.if you read the post and read the post i was responding to and IF you looked at the op's toon and his ilvl you would see he is better off going assas. anyone who mains a rogue and has been playing one for long enough will tell you that assas is the best spec for him at his ilvl.there's a diff between playing the class and knowing the class
    Congratulations on not understanding the post you're quoting and strawmanning the hell out of it at the same time.

Technically speaking, it's slightly less than 40% since poisons don't apply through BF on live, but ~.85 * ~1.35 > 1. A.k.a. it's always a damage boost against 2 or more targets. I made no mention of what spec he should or should not be playing, merely corrected your false statement.