Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

World of Warcraft free until September 26th

http://media.blizzard.com/emails/fwow/wowfinal.html

I assume this is everything except WoD?

10+ Year Old Account
    They just want to pad the quarter 3 numbers.

Doesn't seem to be free for those with frozen accounts, shame I was going to play.

Looks like it happened, WoW went F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    As an occasional hater and pessimist... they really don't count non-paid subscriptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    >Free playtime
    >Pad numbers

Wat.

You have to be subbed to count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    As an occasional hater and pessimist... they really don't count non-paid subscriptions.
    Im actually a WoW and Blizz fanboy if you really knew me. What other reason can you think of? 6.0 will not be out by then so its almost pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is there a limitation on the level you can go to? Or is this capped at level 20 like all starter editions? I'm not really seeing a benefit here.

Im actually a WoW and Blizz fanboy if you really knew me. What other reason can you think of? 6.0 will not be out by then so its almost pointless.
    Build some inertia. Get people playing, give them a chance to get characters caught up, remind them that WoW exists, get people to redownload it, take advantage of a bunch of other mmos having their performance plagued by ass hats, fill the world back up with players so it doesn't feel dead for those sticking around; tons of reasons really.

They should have just given it free to everyone, even those with frozen accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonky View Post
    They should have just given it free to everyone, even those with frozen accounts.
    Nah, since it would just give too many random idiots who love to hate on WoW the ability to log in and just fill up trade chat with their asinine bullshit.

Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quarter ends on Sept 30th...and this promotion ends Sept 26th. Um, yeah. Free play time promotions such as this (and possibly even newly activated accounts with 30 days of game time) most likely are not even counted as "subscribers" on the official books.

But that link isn't actually Blizzard Entertainment's website compared to: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft?

Holy fuck did WoW just go F2P?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure this is anything unique? You may be mistaken, as this could likely be referring to the trial system that they have had running for a few years now. If not, I'll be extremely joyous and applaud Blizzard, considering my subscription is about to run out, and these bills are doing anything but paying themselves.

#Fuckyoursubprices

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Holy fuck did WoW just go F2P?
    Implying this is the first time Blizz has let people play for a few weeks to test out the game
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Pretty sure this is fake checked blizzard site and forums saw nothing about this, might want to scan your computers
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Is this for trial accounts or something? I tried logging in with my expired account but nothing

Edit: Clicked the link and the browser is kinda fishy.

Pretty sure it's also fake. Wouldn't a Blizzard site be an https?

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Check your computers folks leave it on all night and scan em
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.