Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans would stink, since they live in a city with an open sewer system, and have farmland all around them. Not to mention a sulfur spewing volcano north of the city.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Why would orcs and trolls smell like shit?

I agree for the most part, but orcs and trolls would smell more like blood and sweat. They don't roll around in their own excrement. They pride themselves on being strong and working hard. Horde hater :-P
    In fact in the novel cycle of hatred, it shows from the off an orc captain who enjoyed keeping clean and brushing his teeth, recollection of his time spent as a human prisoner and living and sleeping among shit, he swore he'd never repeat it.

The assumption that 'orcs are dirty cause they is savage' has such a childish view.
    #boycottchina

• Night elfs would smell like dirt in the rain
    • Humans would smell normal
    • Worgen would smell like dogs
    • Dwarves would smell sweaty because they are fat
    • Gnomes wouldn't smell at all
    • Draenei would smell like expensive perfume

• Orcs would smell like stables, shit
    • Trolls would smell like summer, sweaty and campfire
    • Tauren would smell like cattle on a farm
    • Undead would smell like corpses
    • Blood elves would smell like roses
    • Goblins would smell like dollar bills

I imagine that goblins would smell like explosive powder.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    'Humans would smell normal' lol..
    #boycottchina

Dwarves would smell like ale, naturally.

Night elves would smell like hippies.

1.Human: Too hard to tell because I know a lot of smelly ones and a lot of nice-smelling ones. Basically your typical average smell but on a bell curve
    2.Gnome: Oil, grease, a typical mechanic's smell
    3.NElf: Either the smelliest thing in nature or the most lovely scent of any other race. Depends how long they were in nature or civilization recently
    4.Draenei: Kinda the same as NElf, just with a bit more sweat for the males and flowers for the females
    5.Dwarf: BOOZE
    6.Worgen: Dogs

7.Pandaren: Chinese food

8.Orc: Blood, sweat, and lumber
    9.Tauren: Leather and uncooked burgers
    10.Undead: Rotting flesh
    11.Troll: Incense and illegal substances
    12.Goblin: Depends on what kind of Goblin they are. If the Engineer-type, see Gnome. If not, money and businessman-smell
    13.Blood elf: Too much cologne/perfume and products
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    1.Human: Too hard to tell because I know a lot of smelly ones and a lot of nice-smelling ones. Basically your typical average smell but on a bell curve
    2.Gnome: Oil, grease, a typical mechanic's smell
    3.NElf: Either the smelliest thing in nature or the most lovely scent of any other race. Depends how long they were in nature or civilization recently
    4.Draenei: Kinda the same as NElf, just with a bit more sweat for the males and flowers for the females
    5.Dwarf: BOOZE
    6.Worgen: Dogs

7.Pandaren: Chinese food

8.Orc: Blood, sweat, and lumber
    9.Tauren: Leather and uncooked burgers
    10.Undead: Rotting flesh
    11.Troll: Incense and illegal substances
    12.Goblin: Depends on what kind of Goblin they are. If the Engineer-type, see Gnome. If not, money and businessman-smell
    13.Blood elf: Too much cologne/perfume and products
    Pretty much my list

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I think people stereotype a little too much... When I think about the various races, this is what I think they would smell like naturally.

Humans: A wide range, variety of softer smells and scents.
    Dwarf: Hoarse, like sandalwood or gunmetal.
    Gnome: Comely pleasant, lightly like bubblegum mixed with rock salt.
    Night Elves: Like fragrant wildflowers and running river brooks, the men too.
    Draenei: Like a smooth frankincense.
    Worgen: A musty pinewood, in a good way.

Pandarin: Like an assortment of summer spices; notably cumin, oregano, lime, and mustard.

Orcs: Brisk salts and cured leathers.
    Tauren: Like hoarse tobacco.
    Undead: Carrion, death, and mainly embalming fluid.
    Troll: Tabasco sauce.
    Goblin: New-book smell.
    Blood Elf: Domestic flowers, like dandelions, roses, and lilacs, the men too.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Lol , what a ridiculous idea for a thread, but very well!

Tauren, in the Autumn, Winter and Spring they'd smell like any ol cow. In Summer? They'd smell like a Big Mac.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

My take.

Alliance:

Human: Mix, B.O to Elegant incense type stuff depending on class Peasant to Nobility.

Dwarves: Depends. Most likely if you're from Ironforge you'd probably smell like you stepped out of a Foundry, Factory type smell. Loch Modan and Wetlands, probably normal/B.O, although smelling like Alcohol is probably common.

Night Elves: The Forest, Highborne and Priest/Priestess' smell like incense most likely.

Gnomes: Factory, Oil smell.

Draenei: I'd say pretty clean, probably some odd smell to a degree.

Worgen: Depends, Nice to Wet Dog.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pandaren: Incense and Spices. I'd say they smell pretty exceptional to me.

Horde Races:

Orcs: Probably mix, B.O to Decent, Most likely not pleasant since B.O plus heat.

Tauren: I can say they probably keep up with Hygiene although probably smell to a degree.

Forsaken: Really terrible, Rotting flesh. They don't care really.

Trolls: Like Forsaken, I don't think they actually care how they smell since they're use to it. Probably not bad but to Blood Elves and the Alliance, not really pleasant.

Blood Elves: Incense, perfume to whole nine yards. Probably the more traveling, warring ones probably have some Body Odor from time to time.

Goblins: Some what Like Gnomes and Dwarves, Greasy, Oil and diesel smell to them. The fancy schmancy ones smell nice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naga and other Waterbased Races: Probably seaweed and the ocean.

Ethereal: Don't emanate any smell as far as I know.

Any fel corrupted Demon race: Probably smell like death itself, like the undead, unpleasant to most mortal races

Dragonkind: Probably Elegant to Meh.

Mogu and other Titanic creations not afflicted with the Curse of Flesh: Like the Earth, probably wouldn't have a scent.
    Last edited by Melorandor; 2014-11-07 at 05:06 AM.