Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    and then wildstar came out and all the oldschoolers realised that in theory they wanted that game but in practicality they're old and don't have time to play it anymore
    and not the patience for long grinds. Exactly. 90% of these anti-WoW rants from ex-WoW players are just nostalgia. I was one of them during WotlK but I took off my rose colored glasses when I played several other MMORPGs and found out about myself the things you mentioned. Every WoW hater should play Wildstar, Tera, SW:TOR and Guild Wars 2 - he will start to love it for about 50 hours of gameplay and then he will realize how horrible annoying "old school" endgame is today. Don't argue, just do it. Tera and SW:TOR are F2P now, so no excuses
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-09-04 at 08:01 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    We get it. You have an opinion. If you want to be taken seriously can you at least present it in a way that doesn't make you look like a jaded nostalgia-goggle wearing ranter.
    Because you will ever look at his opinion differently? I really doubt it. No matter what, if it's not positive or matching your opinions then you will call him an nostalgic elitist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    I actually hope the people who keep complaining and shouting "WOW SUCKS" from the rooftops actually leave.

For people who seem to threaten leaving WoW, they sure go out of their way to tell others that they're leaving, rather than take the step that they should have been taking - quitting.

I've quit and left WoW on amicable terms, and I'm often back for more content.

I just wonder why they keep going through the same exercise.
    You didn't notice the millions of subscribers who quit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I think its high time for a progression server. This way elitist jackasses can go wave their e-peens at each other and leave the rest of us the fuck alone. God I really hope I wasn't this fucking ignorant when I ran in the BiS crowd.
    You never ran with that crowd.

Deleted
    Do people still read these posts?

"QQ bli$$ard pet shop battles pandas vanilla woz hard". Did I miss anything?

Edit: Oh yeh, "filthy casuals".
    Last edited by mmocf292d7f56a; 2014-09-04 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Spot on really Most old boys i know now have jobs, kids, other commitments. At the Peak of WoW most the players fit in the same age bracket and employment / family status. Single, no kids, at college or out of work.

The truth is no one likes to work for crap. Back in the day when i had no kids, or job i had the time to be BIS now i don't but still want to be. Pushing things away from i would say most the player base making it unobtainable due to there commitments is not a good design.

I welcome things like the 90 boost it gives me more time with family and stuff that little amount of money i could earn in an hour or so at work so much quicker and efficient than levelling to 90 manually.

Casual friendly is good, elitist is bad very very bad for most the old players at least.

I am sure you see many "noobs" as you would call them now in there none heroic warforged kit but awesome old school mounts t3 kit and titles.. They once had more time to play i bet and would love a chance of that kit and maybe even would sub longer if they did.

Players with less time get pushed away from what they want from the game. They leave this is bad for everyone.
    When i raided back then, we had family fathers, moms, uncles, teachers, teenagers, students, working people, unemployed people... and so on.
    Unless you where very hardcore, you could manage to raid a couple of times a week, and still progress at a slower pace... it was just a matter of priority.
    I wouldnt commit myself to spending that much time in a game anymore, and i think many have the same feeling... it was fun, but it was also new and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Joegrizly View Post
    and it sucks that they keep catering to these casuals who just don't understand what its like to play the real way.
    Seriously ... I really hope you are an ignorant 16 year old currently living in the centre of the universe. If not, then I pity the people that have to live/work around you. Such narrow-minded opinions.

Just to be curious, do you have a certificate or an important piece of paper that clearly says that your way of playing a videogame is the 'real way' to play a videogame?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    and not the patience for long grinds. Exactly. 90% of these anti-WoW rants from ex-WoW players are just nostalgia. I was one of them during WotlK but I took off my rose colored glasses when I played several other MMORPGs and found out about myself the things you mentioned. Every WoW hater should play Wildstar, Tera, SW:TOR and Guild Wars 2 - he will start to love it for about 50 hours of gameplay and then he will realize how horrible annoying "old school" endgame is today. Don't argue, just do it. Tera and SW:TOR are F2P now, so no excuses
    GW2 IS fun. The only problem is that I've always been a hardcore raider in wow so the lack of raids, or endgame in the traditional sense didn't quite suit me. But every other aspect of it is perfect IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    That's rich coming from a guy who started playing the game after attunements were removed. I really shows you don't understand because you have no real first hand knowledge of it, but attunements were actually shit. If you ask from anybody who was raid leader or guild officer during TBC if they'd want attunements back the answer would be "over my dead body", 100% guaranteed. It's only the wrath babies who want attunements back.

Maybe you should go back and read what I posted and learn something else new you missed during the early years of the game when you werent playing.
    As someone who did raid lead I will say you are wrong then. I will say there are attunements I didnt like and there are those I did like. I dont see anything wrong with attunements like Kara when current. BT attunement was really good lore wise, but it did have its issues. I would like to see more quest chains attached to raids again that are not dailies because fuck dailies those are the things of no-lifers. If players want to bitch about "to see the lore" then they best be doing the lore before they step into that all important lore filled raid.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-09-04 at 08:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man OP.. I didn't read any of the replies after the OP's post but I have a strong feeling he got railroaded pretty hard. Your opinion is one that doesn't go over well round these parts.. We don't take kindly to yer kinda people round hurr, nope we shur don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing being said here that hasn't either been said 500 times or isn't already covered in another thread. It's not constructive and it's just a way to bash a specific set of players.