Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Email says forever, forums say temporary - which is it?

Can't post this on the WoW forum for obvious reasons. I'm a bit confused. I got an email saying this:

***NOTICE OF LICENSE TERMINATION***

Account: WOW2
    Offense: Use of Bots or Third-Party Automation Software
    While I do not dispute it (yes, I've been naughty), I'm a bit confused on the duration of it. The email says it is permanent ("this account is terminated for reasons a-z"), but the forums suggest it is only temporary (XX hours).

If it is permanent, I guess there's crap-all I can do. While it isn't a complete loss overall (get another account and don't be naughty - ever), the only negative is that my iLvl 560 Hunter, who I was going to take into WoD, would probably get erased on Blizzard's end.

Account bans and forum bans are two different things, your account ban is probably permanent, your forum ban is temporary.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Anzen said. Your account is gone forever. The forum ban is only temporary and you'd be able to post again on a new Blizzard account.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

Cheers you guys. I still have PTR access (when it isn't playing up), and I managed to import said 560 Hunter over. While she is gone on Live servers now, I was able to figure out some rotation macros that will render use of any bots moot. Yay, I guess.

New plan:
    • Upgrade one of my other accounts to Warlords of Draenor (only WoW2 was banned)
    • Buy a Winged Guardian mount (my all-time favourite)
    • Play the game, and never be naughty again!