Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's to WoW, for giving me a game that we can argue about. We argue because they do not give us everything needed to tailor the game to our tastes, but they successfully give us enough to bring those with different tastes together in the same game.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

It was great in it's time, and I enjoyed it's time, and have great memories and don't regret the thousands of hours spent, so that would be my compliment.

Sadly, it wouldn't get one for the current and recent times from me.

It has the best tuned reward schedule in the business.
    It lets me play as trolls and minotaurs, something that I hadn't been able to do since my middle school friends and I took turns DMing for each other.
    Karazhan and Ulduar provided the best narratively developed game experiences I've had in an mmo.
    It has some pretty unique critters such as sporebats and clefthooves
    It's the only game I've played where suggestions I made on their forums ended up in the game (for better or worse)
    When I still played, they had some really amazing customer service (no idea about now)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one of the finest games I've ever had the pleasure of playing/experiencing. A classic.
    Last edited by Bosen; 2014-09-24 at 04:13 AM.

I like the first cinematic they made for the game to showcase it, was pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ytlayol View Post
    I like the first cinematic they made for the game to showcase it, was pretty epic.
    All the cinematic's are amazing.. the Draenor one is my fav out of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Don't tell me you didn't liked uldum. Funny meymeys are funneh.
    This have got to be the most fun reference ever: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=65178#comments

10+ Year Old Account
    I also really love the pop culture references but if I had to choose a favorite, it'd have to be the achievement system. It always feels nice getting a new one, you feel so accomplished.
    Lock rocks, made to order.

there is plenty blizz could have done differently, but this realistically is probably the best video game of all time

best co-op multiplayer of any game ever made.

I tried really hard to get into WOW, played multiple times. Just more into other MMO's/Games. But I will say that I can see the appeal and that what those guys (and gals!) developed IS amazing. The amount of people who played and still play it to me is amazing and that tells me they must be doing something right even though for some reason it didn't capture me like I wanted. Some people I know have played it from the beginning and are still playing it, that's an amazing thing to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shall remember it fondly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always like threads of this nature.

"Game's has no good PR on it's own, let's prop it up"

- Pop culture references
    - Scenery
    - I don't regret any money I spent on it (okay ... I don't regret MOST. Maybe some of those mounts weren't quite worth it...)

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

10+ Year Old Account
    It runs off my potato quite well.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    best co-op multiplayer of any game ever made.
    Yep

I fucking love raiding, it's an experience unlike any other. Just so fun.