Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzcon 2014 Virtual Ticket Now on Sale

Dark Portal, Female Gnome Faces, New Music, Tank Squish, Blue Posts, Proving Grounds

Attend BlizzCon From Anywhere with the Virtual Ticket
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    This BlizzCon, get the best seat in the house—your own! You can watch Blizzard’s two-day community celebration online this November 7 and 8 with the BlizzCon 2014 Virtual Ticket, available for purchase now in the Battle.net Shop.

BlizzCon 2014 Virtual Ticket
    The Virtual Ticket lets you be a part of the biggest Blizzard universe mash-up this side of Heroes of the Storm—right from the comfort and convenience of your own home. The Virtual Ticket provides access to two days of live HD BlizzCon coverage across two streaming online channels, along with on-demand replays and DVR functionality so you can catch any of the action you might have missed. Here’s what you get:

Developer Panels & Exclusive Interviews
    Get the latest news and developments on World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm, straight from the people who make ’em. The Virtual Ticket gets you access to all of the panels on the Main and Panel stages, along with in-depth interviews you won’t see anywhere else.

Live Contests—Hosted by Chris Hardwick
    Bear witness to the full creative force of the Blizzard community in the Costume and Talent contests, held live onstage Friday night. Guiding us through this year’s evening of inspired insanity will be comedian Chris Hardwick (@nerdist), host of shows like Comedy Central’s @midnight and AMC’s Talking Dead, and overmind of Nerdist Industries—home base for a horde of geek-minded podcasts and other multimedia pursuits.

Closing Ceremony
    The Virtual Ticket also gets you a front-row seat to the epic closing ceremony on Saturday night. Acts like The Offspring, Ozzy Osbourne, Foo Fighters, Tenacious D, and Blink-182 have closed out BlizzCons past—we’ll unveil our plans for this year’s finale closer to the show.

Bonus: Epic In-Game Goodies
    Every BlizzCon, attendees and Virtual Ticket holders receive a treasure trove of commemorative in-game loot to mark the occasion. This year, the development teams are crafting goodies for World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm—but that’s all we’re going to say about that for now. . . .

You’ll also get early access to a limited-time online BlizzCon merchandise sale featuring a selection of commemorative items that will be available for purchase at the show.* This special sale for BlizzCon attendees and Virtual Ticket holders is scheduled to take place from October 17 through November 11, and will be followed by a public sale offering a more limited selection of items. We’ll have more details on the sale in the coming weeks.

Free StarCraft II WCS, World of Warcraft, and Hearthstone eSports Tournament Streams
    Even if you don’t purchase a Virtual Ticket, you’ll still be able to catch plenty of BlizzCon action free online. Coverage of the BlizzCon opening ceremony and this year’s BlizzCon eSports tournaments—including the StarCraft II World Championship Series Global Finals, World of Warcraft Arena World Championship, Hearthstone World Championship, and Heroes of the Storm exhibition matches—will be streamed free in HD at www.blizzcon.com. The StarCraft II finals will also be available to watch at the official WCS website.

For more information on the Virtual Ticket, check out the Virtual Ticket page or click the Frequently Asked Questions tab above to read the FAQ.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the BlizzCon® 2014 Virtual Ticket?
    The BlizzCon 2014 Virtual Ticket offers comprehensive live HD coverage of Blizzard Entertainment’s two-day gaming celebration, taking place November 7 and 8, via a multichannel Internet stream.

When you purchase the Virtual Ticket, you’ll be able to switch freely between multiple high-definition (720p) channels dedicated to different areas of BlizzCon, allowing viewers expanded access to the content they're most interested in. The Virtual Ticket grants you complete access to the Main and Panel Stage channels, featuring the following BlizzCon content:

• Developer Panels: Get the latest news and firsthand developer insight into the creation of your favorite Blizzard games.
    • Exclusive Interviews: Dig deeper into the Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo universes in exclusive interviews with Blizzard executives and developers.
    • Costume and Talent Contests: Get a great view of the creativity on display in the legendary BlizzCon Costume contest and epic Talent Contest.
    • Closing Ceremony: Be there for the closing festivities on Saturday night, celebrating two full days of Blizzard gaming and eSports action.

Limited high-definition coverage of the opening ceremony and BlizzCon eSports tournaments will be available online for free, featuring the Global Finals of the 2014 StarCraft® II World Championship Series, World of Warcraft® Arena World Championship, Hearthstone™ World Championship, and more. Keep an eye on www.blizzcon.com for more information.

If I order the BlizzCon 2014 Virtual Ticket, will I receive the commemorative BlizzCon 2014 in-game goodies?
    Yes, Virtual Ticket holders will also receive the commemorative BlizzCon 2014 World of Warcraft, Diablo® III, StarCraft II, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm™ in-game goodies (details to be announced at a later date). The goodies will be linked to the Battle.net account used to purchase or redeem the Virtual Ticket, and will be available in-game after the show begins. Stay tuned for more information.

Please note that in-game goodies associated with the Virtual Ticket can only be claimed on realms/servers in the following regions: the Americas (including those serving players in Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia), Europe, Russia, Taiwan, and Korea.

Will replays of Virtual Ticket content be available after BlizzCon is over?
    Yes! Anyone with a Virtual Ticket will be able to access on-demand replays of the Main and Panel Stage streams for up to two weeks after the end of the event. Replays of the eSports events will also be available for free.

Will you be hosting a BlizzCon online merchandise sale this year for Virtual Ticket buyers? How will I access the sale?
    Yes—we’re setting aside a stash of BlizzCon merchandise for BlizzCon attendees and Virtual Ticket holders to be sold in an online merchandise sale scheduled to take place October 17, 2014 through November 11, 2014.

After purchasing or redeeming a code for a Virtual Ticket, your Battle.net account will automatically be flagged to get access to the merchandise sale when it begins. Visit www.blizzcon.com closer to the sale for more information.

We’re also planning a post-BlizzCon sale that’s open to the public after show concludes—we’ll have more details to share at a later date. Please note that items purchased in all of these sales will be shipped from the U.S., so international shipping rates may apply.

How do I order the Virtual Ticket?
    You can order the Virtual Ticket directly through the Battle.net Shop. Be sure to make your purchase on the Battle.net account you wish to use to watch the show, receive the in-game goodies, and access the merchandise sale. Also make sure you have a valid, updated payment method associated with your Battle.net account. If you do not yet have a Battle.net account, you can create one for free on the Battle.net website.

In what languages will the Virtual Ticket Internet stream be available?
    The BlizzCon 2014 Virtual Ticket Internet stream and DIRECTV broadcast will be available in English only.

Free eSports streams will be available in multiple languages through a variety of external channels—visit www.blizzcon.com/tournaments/ closer to the show to find out if localized streaming eSports coverage is available in your preferred language.

In which regions is the Virtual Ticket available for purchase?
    The BlizzCon Virtual Ticket is available in the Americas, Europe, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia (pricing and availability varies by region). Keep in mind the Virtual Ticket stream will be available only in English.

What are the system requirements and minimum bandwidth requirements to view the live stream?
    We’ll have more information on the system requirements and minimum bandwidth requirements to view the stream closer to the event.

Do I need to purchase a Virtual Ticket if I’ve already purchased a ticket to attend BlizzCon in person?
    This year, live BlizzCon attendees will receive a Virtual Ticket with their BlizzCon ticket purchase. Prior to the show, BlizzCon ticket purchasers will receive a code (one per ticket purchased) which can be used to unlock the Virtual Ticket, in-game goodies, and merchandise sale access on a single Battle.net account. These codes will be emailed directly to the BlizzCon ticket purchaser, and the purchaser will need to distribute them to their attendees.

I just ordered! Yay!

Not doing it this year. Done it for at least 4 years now. It was great when I had DirecTV, not so much on the stream. Buffering issues suck. Any reason Blizzard can't get this on regular PPV on cable TV?

I really don't need another murloc pet, but glad to see Chris Hardwick. He's awesome.

Nice. Wonder if the pet this year will be Hearthstone or Heroes of the Storm themed?

WOOOP! Can't wait!

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully a new Diablo 3 expansion gets announced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acideyeliner View Post
    Nice. Wonder if the pet this year will be Hearthstone or Heroes of the Storm themed?
    Pretty sure it's going to be grom themed, there was a datamined icon last week.

Edit: Found it!
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    And it was yet again another murloc. Its getting old. How about a cool mount or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Hopefully a new Diablo 3 expansion gets announced.
    And Starcraft : Legacy of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last blizzcon seems like it was only yesterday :S

Looks like there's going to be aftermarket on Virtual Ticket codes so folks can get the pet. Beats paying 40 bucks I guess.

Deleted
    a blizzon do announce what... other than starcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Ayperos View Post
    And it was yet again another murloc. Its getting old. How about a cool mount or something?
    its almost like murloc related gifts is the tradition or something...

Guess it's that time to huddle in one of those illegal streams again hehe.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Huzzah...! Time to do this again. Even last year I still enjoyed it, though honestly I enjoyed it the most when they announced MoP. Holy crap, that one was a really good BlizzCon.

Deleted
    YAY Blizzcon! As someone who lives way too far away this is a perfect reason to bring all my old school friends together for a two days long LAN-party.

I really miss seeing the Red Shirt Guy. I hope he returns....

30 Euro and then only 720p? Probably not even in 60 fps? Is that a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post

Edit: Found it!
    Grommloc, great. Skipping the purchase, so very tired of murlocs. But hey, I should try to do something besides complain all the time. So what *would* have made a cool pet instead?

1. A small demon from the burning legion, with a flavor text asking you whether you're out of your mind letting it hang around.

2. A tiny Gromm - not a gd murloc, just a Gromm. Text saying something about it being a baby or don't tell it that it's small or something.

3. A Skeksis oops I mean Arakoa. Flavor text talks about a crystal that is dim.

4. Since it was the (original) expansion that introduced them, a tiny pet-version of the flying machine. Flavor text something something choppa gets to you.

5. Anything related to Garrisons.