LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    here's one more thing about orcs. this one is a masterpiece:

orcs use poop as ink to "write" letters

here are some quests to prove it:

http://wowpedia.org/Quest:Illegible_Orc_Letter
    http://wowpedia.org/Quest:Minx%27ll_Fix_It
    If it the message is important, and you don't have the luxury of ink, you gotta use what's there. A lot of orcs wrote with blood cause that's what they had.

- - - Updated - - -

look at it through another prism. orcs are smelly because they live in a city without toilets so their streets are essentially paved with shit. they are also smelly because they live in the desert, their only water suply is poluted by goblins and so they sweat a lot and don't take any showers. basically orcs smell like a mix of poop and sweat.
    While they don't have toilets i'm sure they have a designated area to do their business, they don't just shit in the middle of the street. No lore written on where the races of azeroth take a dump though so we don't know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    If it the message is important, and you don't have the luxury of ink, you gotta use what's there. A lot of orcs wrote with blood cause that's what they had.
    yeah, if they can go all the way to the barrens to get kodo poop to make ink, they could very well get some real ink in hatchet. they just love the smell of fresh poop in the morning. it reminds them of their home lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Well I've always liked Orcs, from their in-game models to lore. I imagine I'm not experiencing the same Orc burnout as everyone else because I missed almost the entirety of SoO as I rejoined about three months ago after about a year off.

What I don't like is Blizzard's insistence on how everything Horde side has to feature red war paint, spikes, and crude looking buildings. I can only imagine it wouldn't be difficult to add some variety even if they retain an Orcish feeling. I like the primal, unpolished feel of the Horde but I feel like we can get that from Tauren's, Trolls, and even the Forsaken too.

Also warrior culture is kewl, but "Rawwr lets smash" is getting kind of old. Can Blizzard mature the Orcish population a bit> I can't imagine the Horde would be an actual contender to the Alliance without a sense of discipline and more intricate tactics.

All that being said though I'm looking forward to Warlords and the Orcs it brings.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs, Tauren, and Dwarves are pretty much the only WarCraft races that I do like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

While they don't have toilets i'm sure they have a designated area to do their business, they don't just shit in the middle of the street. No lore written on where the races of azeroth take a dump though so we don't know for sure.
    In WoD you have a quest to save an Orc who is being forced to clean outhouses.

Any city is going to have shit all over it from all the animals. Dung beetles are actually a good thing they help clean up.

yeah, if they can go all the way to the barrens to get kodo poop to make ink, they could very well get some real ink in hatchet. they just love the smell of fresh poop in the morning. it reminds them of their home lol
    Kodo are standard transport for the Horde military they haul equipment and troops. Kodo dung would be easy to come by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahahah! You're the best, man!

Good: they have some character.

Bad: they are VASTLY overdone, they are in every nook and cranny, and it is terrible.

Sometimes, I feel like Warcraft is about Orcs Orcs and more Orcs. So I hate them. And I hate their architectural style.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think my Orc is amazing, everyone else can go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Sometimes, I feel like Warcraft is about Orcs Orcs and more Orcs. So I hate them. And I hate their architectural style.
    i agree their Architecture is crap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Bad: they are VASTLY overdone, they are in every nook and cranny, and it is terrible.
    Just like cave bats... or DUNG BEETLES!

Extremely neckbeard fantasy cliches wrapped up in klingons covered in green skinpaint. Which is a shame because i liked them in the rts games but all their best elements were sort of truncated and given to the tauren for the most part and you have the pinheaded, fridge shouldered 'LOCK'TAR OGAR!" stuff that looks like a cross between childrens fantasy cliches, a 80's metal album and tv wrestling personas.

Different strokes for different folks and all that but its a hell of a feat when a game makes orcs more boring than elves for players.

Love the orcs.

Just wish ingame I could possibly choose the mag'har skin or blackrock skin and just get the guy to stand upright. Slouching forward all the time must be hell on the dudes poor back.

Orcs! Orcs! Orcs!

Quote Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
    Love the orcs.

Just wish ingame I could possibly choose the mag'har skin or blackrock skin and just get the guy to stand upright. Slouching forward all the time must be hell on the dudes poor back.
    They slouch because inside every orc is a worthless peon dying for the lash of there burning legion masters.

Hunched over retards who come in a multitude of colors, all of which resemble fecal matter, and share striking facial resemblance to pigs.

Orcs are also mostly dumb and illiterate. Here's a quest about one of the so so rare orc "writers":

http://wowpedia.org/Quest:Firestone_Point_%28Horde%29
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50162
    It's hilarious how angry your Orc racism is making me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    childrens fantasy cliches, a 80's metal album and tv wrestling personas.
    lol, those were (and still are) Blizzards biggest artistic inspirations!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    It's hilarious how angry your Orc racism is making me.
    He does have a point though.

Always hated orcs in any given universe, but I gotta say Warcraft orcs are the ones I can most easily tolerate. Their shamanic culture and the fall from grace is definitely an improvement over the "bad cuz bad" cliche most fantasy universes use. Even still, a dead orc is the only good orc. Glad I'm not playing WoW before, I couldn't possibly stand the fact this game has turned into World of Orccraft, as it seems just by reading some new lore every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    He does have a point though.
    well, it's hard to hate orcs and be wrong at the same time lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They aren't orky enuff. Need some more choppas and dakka. And less Go'el.