Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the main thing people are forgetting in this thread is that you have teammates. You and your teammates should probably take off your tunnel vision goggles and actually help each other. Just because you don't have an ability to deal with every single situation doesn't make your spec or class unviable.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    "because that warrior is going to charge you stun you and then bladestorm you."

Then you'll blink because you're a mage (or a druid), making bladestorm obsolete since the day it was added.

If you're a wlock or a shadowpriest then indeed, tough luck. Warriors are -meant- to counter you. Warlocks in particular have honestly been ridiculous this entire expansion so it's about bloody time they're brought back into line from being literally the best class in the game.
    As a warlock you just port out, no reason at all why you wouldn't have a portal up for yourself :P

I wouldn't say the best class in the game, they are strong yeah, but they have always been strong if you can play them. They just made warlocks VERY easy to play in MoP but it's still the least played class in the game. No way "the best class in the game" is the least played class.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    You're wrong about warriors and then you're wrong again bunching them with rogues and ferals. Save your smartass comments when what you write is actually correct and accurate.
    I'm not sure what the debate is about. ALL the melee has HUGE uptime on everything but Mages/Hunters. Mysteriously, only Warriors got nerfed, via Safeguard. They all needed to be toned down, but it didn't happen. I actually tweeted Holinka and asked him: Hey dude, what's going on with Melee? Are they having problems in Ashran or something?

Holinka replied: We get complaints all the time melee are struggling in Ashran.

Ignoring the fact the Ashran is only part of PvP in WoD, you'd think maybe they'd buff melee survivability and tone down MOBILITY. But the opposite was true; mostly again for PvE reasons. The verdict?

Play melee in WoD if your a pvper. Ranged; this patch is not for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Mysteriously, only Warriors got nerfed, via Safeguard. They all needed to be toned down, but it didn't happen.
    ...and charge...and heroic leap
    Last edited by Anium; 2014-09-24 at 09:39 AM.

No way "the best class in the game" is the least played class.
    Well they're nerfing tanks in spite of tanks still being the least played role in the game.

Numbers aren't everything!

Deleted
    From a Warrior point of view they're just trying to make the class as boring as humanly possible so no-one plays it anyway.

On topic however, they have nerfed melee mobility, I can only speak for Warrior but;

- Can't break roots with intervene any more
    - Heroic Leap glyph that reduces the CD also reduces the range by 20 yards (this one is hilarious)
    - Charge is now a root, so if you have a freedom it's basically impossible to get on you without a stun
    - Can't spec into Stormbolt AND Shockwave like we can currently.

I don't see an issue, to be honest?

In all fairness shockwave belongs to prot, not arms or fury. Same as Bladestorm belongs with arms. I honestly don't understand peoples' problem with charge stun though, it's been there from day 1 and never been an issue.

At this point I'd honestly be happier if they changed charge to be like the one on wlock demon pet - no stun, but gives you a 1-2 second 70% sprint (and possibly freedom?) to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    In all fairness shockwave belongs to prot, not arms or fury. Same as Bladestorm belongs with arms. I honestly don't understand peoples' problem with charge stun though, it's been there from day 1 and never been an issue.

At this point I'd honestly be happier if they changed charge to be like the one on wlock demon pet - no stun, but gives you a 1-2 second 70% sprint (and possibly freedom?) to catch up.
    I think it comes down to that they can get away from you and charge back without the stun DRing. Warriors never had access to the likes of banners to intervene to, HC leap away and charge in again etc. Couple that with a Stormbolt, Shockwave then a fear on top and you are starting to enter insane CC amounts from just one class, all the while hitting you quite damn hard.

I think that is why they are making it like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I can only speak for Warrior but;

- Heroic Leap glyph that reduces the CD also reduces the range by 20 yards (this one is hilarious)
    - Charge is now a root, so if you have a freedom it's basically impossible to get on you without a stun
    I think they need to do this for all melee in this expansion or PvP will fail badly, with ranged not being able to cast on the move they will need a breather to get casts off to heal or deal damage, but at the same time making sure melee actually get a chance to stay on the target for a while to create pressure of their own. But from beta this is no where near happening yet, melee have ridiculous uptime on ranged and with interupts not DRing either you currently really struggle to cast at all.

I think nerfing all the ranged but leaving huntards with absolutely 0 disadvantage is just as ridiculous. They need to put the deadzone back or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    From a Warrior point of view they're just trying to make the class as boring as humanly possible so no-one plays it anyway.

On topic however, they have nerfed melee mobility, I can only speak for Warrior but;

I don't see an issue, to be honest?
    I can't tell you how many times I've saved arena with 3 man shockwaves followed up with a dr storm bolt, sigh.

But tbh, i'm not even salty about same tier stuns, makes sense. I just wish they would leave our charge alone, imagine the uproar if they altered blink and just made you speed up, HOLY SHIT. i don't even want to imagine the qq, really bums me out. and the heroic leap distant is gargabe, can't even get out of range to charge for goodness sake.

Deleted
    Feral mobility is probably the biggest outlier. An earlier poster had it spot on by saying that shapeshifting out of roots/snares has really no detriment when the mana cost is negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Taneo View Post
    Have you actually played PvP? Obviously not. Go try it. If you're a caster you are going to get mulched if a melee snares you and you try to mash your little PvE damage rotation because that warrior is going to charge you stun you and then bladestorm you.
    and fear your pet and reflect your cc/dots.

I love how people say "all melee has too much mobility", when in practice, DKs and Pallies have more than enough ranged tools.

Only rogues, monks and warriors are truly melee. And by far the best mobility goes to... The CC immune Retadins.

Edit: Completly missed Ferals, they are on a whole different level of retardness.