Is it possibly to get invited to a RP server?

If someone adds me on their battlenet and invites me to a group? Is it possible to join a RP server then?

- - - Updated - - -

Yea it is! I had a great time on RP server. I was o. Agent Dawn so i couldnt join Stormwind, is there alot to experience?

Shame that there are so less Hordes though, seems like Goldshire (omg I had a weird time) is the only place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, why don't you just roll an alt on an RP server? Or do you specifically wanna stay playing your main and just would like to be able to RP on it briefly on a server designated for that? If the latter, then yeah, you can just keep getting invited to groups by people on RP servers ^^ I used to know someone who did that - it never caused any problems.
    RP servers may have events all around Azeroth, like something going down in Darkshire or a ball of some sort in Hyjal. And yeah, there's usually a lot of activity in Stormwind itself, especially in the Mage Quarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Hey OP. I'll give you a tip. Have that friend of yours invite you while you're in the Shrine. Because if you get invited over to Argent Dawn and use the portal there to Stormwind, you can actually hang out in Stormwind with the players there without being phased out

But remember to not leave the group though!

Quote Originally Posted by cocoroaria View Post
    Hmm, why don't you just roll an alt on an RP server? Or do you specifically wanna stay playing your main and just would like to be able to RP on it briefly on a server designated for that? If the latter, then yeah, you can just keep getting invited to groups by people on RP servers ^^ I used to know someone who did that - it never caused any problems.
    RP servers may have events all around Azeroth, like something going down in Darkshire or a ball of some sort in Hyjal. And yeah, there's usually a lot of activity in Stormwind itself, especially in the Mage Quarter.
    Well I really wanted to play on a 90, with a sweet transmog

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    Hey OP. I'll give you a tip. Have that friend of yours invite you while you're in the Shrine. Because if you get invited over to Argent Dawn and use the portal there to Stormwind, you can actually hang out in Stormwind with the players there without being phased out

But remember to not leave the group though!
    Wow this is a great tip! I'll try it later thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm.. Today it didn't work to cross realm, she instead came to me on my realm.. That's weird..
    Last edited by Tyze; 2014-09-08 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Hmm.. Today it didn't work to cross realm, she instead came to me on my realm.. That's weird..
    Remember that the server you want to go to must be the one that invites to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Remember that the server you want to go to must be the one that invites to the group.
    Yeah I know this, she invites me to a group which means I should join her realm. But it didnt, I wrote a ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Yeah I know this, she invites me to a group which means I should join her realm. But it didnt, I wrote a ticket.
    Because there's more to that...

There is one rule that overrules the former rule

The player with the lower toon level always joins the player with the higher toon level..

In short: Toon level > Group leader
    Only when both toons are of the same level, the group leaders realm zone is the target zone..

Examples:

Toon A (level 20) invites Toon B (level 21) = Destination realm - Toon B realm
    Toon B (level 21) invites Toon A (level 20) = Destination realm - Toon B realm
    Toon A (level 20) invites Toon B (level 20) = Destination realm - Toon A realm
    Toon B (level 21) invites Toon A (level 21) = Destination realm - Toon B realm

I hope that makes it clear.. The inviting toon has dominance when of equal or higher level.
    This was made to prevent world/zone exploitation.
    There's another limitation in place for the regions as well. Some apply to the open world crz and some to dungeons in addition.
    You cannot run dungeons with players that are in time zone difference greater than 3 hours.
    You cannot be in CRZ zones with players from other regions example..... US Players and Brazil Players. While they can group to do dungeons and raid, they cannot be together in the open world crz's
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2014-09-08 at 02:00 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Because there's more to that...

There is one rule that overrules the former rule

The player with the lower toon level always joins the player with the higher toon level..

In short: Toon level > Group leader
    Only when both toons are of the same level, the group leaders realm zone is the target zone..

Examples:

Toon A (level 20) invites Toon B (level 21) = Destination realm - Toon B realm
    Toon B (level 21) invites Toon A (level 20) = Destination realm - Toon B realm
    Toon A (level 20) invites Toon B (level 20) = Destination realm - Toon A realm
    Toon B (level 21) invites Toon A (level 21) = Destination realm - Toon B realm

I hope that makes it clear.. The inviting toon has dominance when of equal or higher level.
    This was made to prevent world/zone exploitation.
    There's another limitation in place for the regions as well. Some apply to the open world crz and some to dungeons in addition.
    You cannot run dungeons with players that are in time zone difference greater than 3 hours.
    You cannot be in CRZ zones with players from other regions example..... US Players and Brazil Players. While they can group to do dungeons and raid, they cannot be together in the open world crz's
    Oh so its because I was higher level? Weird because yesterday it did work..

It's possible. Plenty of losers invite their "cool" PvP/PvE realm friends to AD to troll. Ah, yes. The joy of an RP realm. To be the target of the socially maladjusted.