Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Alleria isn't even Alliance.
    Do you work for Blizzard already? If not, you should do it because you fit the profile:

First rule of Blizzard: You will outrage the Alliance of all imaginable ways as, for example, saying that a hero of the Alliance of first level does not even belongs to the Alliance.

Khadgar is proud of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Do you work for Blizzard already? If not, you should do it because you fit the profile:

First rule of Blizzard: You will outrage the Alliance of all imaginable ways as, for example, saying that a hero of the Alliance of first level does not even belongs to the Alliance.

Khadgar is proud of you.
    Alliance of Lordaeron =/= Alliance of WoW.

because we aren't even going to outland (where it's assumed they're at)? if they wanted to fuck off to Azeroth and right back out to Dreanor sure, it's not impossible. but I doubt we will even hear directly about them in this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except things aren't as black and white as that. Once she returns she will also find out about Garithos, Sylvanas, and the position her people were in during TBC. Unlike Vereesa she has no personal grudge against the Blood Elves. Would she willingly abandon her people just because her hubby is Alliance? No way in hell.
    Garithos always gets brought up. Every single time Blood Elf allegiances are brought into question. "Well, this one guy one time was a dick to a group of Blood Elves! No wonder they went Horde!" He was one. fucking. guy. One. He didn't represent the interests of the entire Alliance. And yeah, if she finds out what the Blood Elves have been getting their fingers into with fel magic and demons and draining Naaru for powers and what Kael'thas did, she might have no interest in rejoining them like Vereesa no longer has any desire to be associated with them.
    There might be some opposition because of the Orc issue, but I don't think she would ever consider herself a part of this new Alliance. But I'm sure Alliance players will bitch if she ends up being neutral anyway.
    We'll bitch because it makes sense for her to be Alliance and Alliance heroes always get tossed in the neutral category 'for the greater good' while Green Jesus pretty much steals the spotlight every expansion he can be shoe-horned into regardless of affiliation. And you think she'll be okay with Blood Elves being friends with the orcs?

"Yeah, the remember those drooling genocidal assholes that came through the portal and tried to wipe us all out? Well, guess what! We befriended them! Oh, and later their warchief had a change of heart and decided he wanted us fucking dead. Again. But we killed him and we're totally cool now! Welcome back to Azeroth!"
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2014-09-08 at 06:49 PM.
    Look! Words!

Alleria belongs to our actual Alliance or not ? If yes, why ? If not, why?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It would be much cooler to see them, having landed on Argus, and actually holding up a fight and forming a Burning Legion resistance after all these years.
    This would actualy be the boring version of what might happen tbh. What you say is like the earthen ring or so or like malfurian in hyjal.

I much rather see them having issues somewherr or even being kidnapped. Seeing thrm just standing there with some tents and some resistance would just end up doing random quests.. collect 8 legion guts to help turalyon... see wherr I am going?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This would actualy be the boring version of what might happen tbh. What you say is like the earthen ring or so or like malfurian in hyjal.

I much rather see them having issues somewherr or even being kidnapped. Seeing thrm just standing there with some tents and some resistance would just end up doing random quests.. collect 8 legion guts to help turalyon... see wherr I am going?
    I do. It would make them too ''normal'', and thats not the way to go. It has to be epic.

2 ways to go here: they being dead, or being tortured all these years and we get to free them in a normal dungeon, and later they help us in a much bigger raid.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Garithos always gets brought up. Every single time Blood Elf allegiances are brought into question. "Well, this one guy one time was a dick to a group of Blood Elves! No wonder they went Horde!" He was one. fucking. guy. One. He didn't represent the interests of the entire Alliance. And yeah, if she finds out what the Blood Elves have been getting their fingers into with fel magic and demons and draining Naaru for powers and what Kael'thas did, she might have no interest in rejoining them like Vereesa no longer has any desire to be associated with them.
    Or she tries to understand that the blood elves need alternitives to feed. Now that the sunwell is back and all. I wonder.. think logical her homeland was destroyed and the elves tried so hard to rebuild and gain powrr again. Just joining the alliance again without even thinking sbout her homeland would be awkward as fuck... I read she has green eyes even..
    Last edited by Alanar; 2014-09-08 at 06:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, there is also the fact that the prince of the very nation she went out of her way to protect ended up destroying her people's homeland. Like the Orcs once tried to do, except he was far more successful.

Vereesa is a bitch who was on Rhonin's dick and had a Blood Elf try and kidnap her children. Alleria doesn't have this bias. She isn't going to suddenly hate her people because they were put in a shitty position that forced them to use drastic measures. On top of this, Kael'thas is old news and the Blood Elves have repented for their sins. She has literally no reason to hate them for that.

We'll bitch because it makes sense for her to be Alliance and Alliance heroes always get tossed in the neutral category 'for the greater good' while Green Jesus pretty much steals the spotlight every expansion he can be shoe-horned into regardless of affiliation.
    Maybe because most Alliance heroes aren't dumbasses and can see past old conflicts. Tirion, Khadgar, Rhonin, etc aren't idiots. Would it have been smart for Rhonin to say "no, fuck u guys" when the Horde offered to help with Malygos? Would have it been smart for Tirion to reject any Horde from helping against the Lich King? Of fucking course not. I don't know why you people want them to be idiots.

And you think she'll be okay with Blood Elves being friends with the orcs?
    No, she won't. But she isn't going to completely disregard everything that has happened since she left. For some reason you expect her to see them working together and say "oh helll no" and join the Alliance, when the situation is far more complicated than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't in this version of Draenor. They'd be back on alternate Azeroth.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-09-08 at 07:16 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They aren't in this version of Draenor. They'd be back on alternate Azeroth.
    Go read the first few pages where I explain myself a bit further.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctusar View Post
    Arthas
    Terenas
    Anduin Lothar
    Medivh(I think he was Alliance for the most part)
    Antonidas
    Uther

I could name a few more if I remembered them.

Oh yeah. Most of the High Elves.
    So they count as Alliance characters now. But when one mentions that there's been more expansions about Alliance characters. Illidan and Arthas stops counting instantly because "They weren't in the Alliance."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there is also the fact that the prince of the very nation she went out of her way to protect ended up destroying her people's homeland. Like the Orcs once tried to do, except he was far more successful.
    And? He fucked up Lordaeron just as hard and killed his own father. A blatant betrayal. It's clear he was motivated by his own reasons, which had nothing to do with the interests of the human nations.
    Vereesa is a bitch who was on Rhonin's dick and had a Blood Elf try and kidnap her children. Alleria doesn't have this bias.
    How can she not have the same bias? Vereesa is her little sister. They were her nephews. And it doesn't exactly help to paint the blood elves in a good light, especially with everything else they've done. Not to mention they killed Rhonin, her sister's husband.
    Blood Elves have repented for their sins. She has literally no reason to hate them for that.
    Yeah, that cute little speech Liadrin gave after the Sunwell was a load of shit. Blood Elves are characteristically brash, arrogant, and pragmatic - and they have a change of heart instantly. Okay. An entire people doesn't change over night.

Maybe because most Alliance heroes aren't dumbasses and can see past old conflicts. Tirion, Khadgar, Rhonin, etc aren't idiots. Would it have been smart for Rhonin to say "no, fuck u guys" when the Horde offered to help with Malygos? Would have it been smart for Tirion to reject any Horde from helping against the Lich King? Of fucking course not. I don't know why you people want them to be idiots.
    I don't expect them to avoid any and all confrontation is what I expect. There are ultimately bigger problems but they are always so eager to drop past (and current) grievances and to totally pussy out of any fighting. Malfurion didn't do jack shit about the orcs in Ashenvale who were being anything but benign. It's his home and his people getting killed. Sorry, Tyrande, I CBA. Cenarius couldn't give a single fuck either. Tirion isn't doing jack shit about the forsaken as they plague the Eastern Kingdoms and literally raise people into undeath. Lich King, bad. Sylvanas, let's not pick sides, guiz. He didn't do anything to the Horde when they ambushed the Alliance at the Wrathgate either. Alliance heroes go belly up and become totally pussies so the Horde gets to experience their heroes equally.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2014-09-08 at 11:56 PM.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    And? He fucked up Lordaeron just as hard and killed his own father. A blatant betrayal. It's clear he was motivated by his own reasons, which had nothing to do with the interests of the human nations.
    Arthas post-frostmourne was independent of the Alliance. And Thrall's Horde is independent of Blackhand's/Doomhammer's. Your point is invalid

How can she not have the same bias? Vereesa is her little sister. They were her nephews. And it doesn't exactly help to paint the blood elves in a good light, especially with everything else they've done. Not to mention they killed Rhonin, her sister's husband.
    And what is Sylvanas, if not a Windrunner? Alleria has a sister on EACH side of the conflict that has sufferred, IURC.

Yeah, that cute little speech Liadrin gave after the Sunwell was a load of shit. Blood Elves are characteristically brash, arrogant, and pragmatic - and they have a change of heart instantly. Okay. An entire people doesn't change over night.
    But those traits somehow weren't a part of high elf culture the scant few decades ago (practically yesterday to an elf) when she left? Why should she all of a sudden be offended by traits they have had for thousands of years?

I don't expect them to avoid any and all confrontation is what I expect. There are ultimately bigger problems but they are always so eager to drop past (and current) grievances and to totally pussy out of any fighting. Malfurion didn't do jack shit about the orcs in Ashenvale who were being anything but benign. It's his home and his people getting killed. Sorry, Tyrande, I CBA. Cenarius couldn't give a single fuck either.
    This I will concede is a very valid point. Even if Malf had that whole "The cataclysm is the bigger threat" excuse, Tyrande and the others should have wrecked shop at the very least.

Tirion isn't doing jack shit about the forsaken as they plague the Eastern Kingdoms and literally raise people into undeath. Lich King, bad. Sylvanas, let's not pick sides, guiz. He didn't do anything to the Horde when they ambushed the Alliance at the Wrathgate either. Alliance heroes go belly up and become totally pussies so the Horde gets to experience their heroes equally.
    Sylvanas didn't attack Alliance first. When she attacked Gilneas they were still neutral, and sought out Alliance help. The Alliance CHOSE to jump into a fight that wasn't theirs, and have been understandably hesitant to finish a war they didn't start. As far as the Wrathgate, that was Putress and his cabal of supporters acting on their own. Now if there is concrete proof that Syl and the Forsaken as a whole knew about the ambush, please share it. Otherwise it's conjecture to lay Angrathar at the feet of the Forsaken, let alone the entire Horde.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

15+ Year Old Account
    Urti did a wonderful of expressing what I was going to say, but I just wanted to emphasize how silly this is. Those traits are High Elven traits, not just Blood Elven. You need to remember they are almost the exact same race (no, they are the same race -- the difference is akin to the Green Orcs vs Mag'har).

"An entire people doesn't change over night" becomes even more funny when you seem to think the High Elves suddenly "changed over night" when they decided to call themselves Blood Elves.

The same reason why we haven't gotten any news on Azshara. Blizz prefers to focus on orcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.