Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Other than Rivendare and Onyxia (even this one I'm still not sure it wasn't just more people were able to solo-3 man her) I've never heard of a mount increasing in drop chance.
    Headless Horseman's mount was also increased back in 2010(?) or 2009, 99% sure it was 2010. Was like a 1/500 drop chance from the boss prior to the loot bags, now it's like a 5% chance.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they bumped up the world boss drop rates eventually, as much as it would make me sad since everyone would have the Sha mount (yes I'm a special snowflake that has it and I want to remain special), the drop rates are absurdly low, I have seen a grand total of two world boss mounts drop out of the thousands of people I've grouped with, one of them being me. The other was some dude that got the Oondasta mount which seems to be considerably less rare than the other 3 world boss mounts. One of my guildies has the Galleon mount too, not seen anyone else with that but that might be because it's a ground mount.

However, a mount that is definitely justified to have an increased drop rate is the Love Rocket. That thing is absolutely ridiculously rare considering you have a two week window pr year to farm it. It's fugly too, no idea what they were smoking when they made it a 0.2% drop chance...

On topic: Got 202 mounts atm, have quite a lot of vendor ones that I haven't brought yet though. If I'm not including Alliance mounts, I should have 212 just from class mounts + Pandaren Phoenix's & Emerald Drake, will probably buy the other vendor mounts, Vial of the Sands etc to get 250 before WoD releases.
    Last edited by mmoc2233da4339; 2014-10-14 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faustas View Post
    223 mounts on horde lock, got some mounts on allys too, should be able to get achiev when its on live yay
    No you wont be able to :P as already stated in thread only your horde mounts will count.

I currently have 247 mounts, a vicious saddle wich i'll trade in for Raptor, will get 3 phoenixes, Emerald drake and the Felfirehawk tomorrow so 253 mounts here i come

Deleted
    Mount tab reads 252 total mounts, of which only 212 are counted towards the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...on my Horde toon (Ivris), I have 221 mounts...but the mount tab is showing my count 264 mounts but when I look at the Mountacular achievement it shows that I have 221 mounts...are the Ally mounts (or Horde mounts for Ally toons) not counted yet or do I have to go collect the remaining 29 mounts on my Horde toon?

10+ Year Old Account
    It would seem they're not counted indeed. I have 255 mounts across both factions, but the achievement is only showing me at 223 (ish).

10+ Year Old Account
    So hope that by next reset it'll get fixed? Would like that...I only have 1 more dungeon mount to go before I try to find a way to solo old raids to obtain drop mounts and world bosses (wt freakin' hell does RNGesus hate me so much?)

Also, I noticed that Most Horde mounts are equivalent to alliance, but Black Battlestrider isn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Achievement has me at 229, I should reach around 235 or so before WoD hits

Quote Originally Posted by Sirvi View Post
    So hope that by next reset it'll get fixed? Would like that...I only have 1 more dungeon mount to go before I try to find a way to solo old raids to obtain drop mounts and world bosses (wt freakin' hell does RNGesus hate me so much?)

Also, I noticed that Most Horde mounts are equivalent to alliance, but Black Battlestrider isn't?
    It will not get "fixed" because it's working as intended. Alliance mounts were never meant to count for Horde mount collecting achievements and vice-versa, if they had, they would have pushed collection sizes up by ~50.

I'm not sure why they decided to show them both in the mount journal, but I guess it has a lot to do with it being based on the pet journal, which was account wide by default. It was probably easier for them to leave everything in than to implement proper faction filtering.

Mount journal says I have 289 mounts total (this is with horde mounts)

In reality, i only have 239 mounts, so this is probably a ptr bug because its definitely not awarding the green hawk on live.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2014-10-19 at 07:10 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Slightly offtopic, but is the droprate for pureblood fire hawk the same on normal / heroic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Does anyone know if the new RAF mount is in 6.0? What about the new pvp mount or is that new pvp mount 100 only?
    If you had a vicious saddle saved up, you could buy the new pvp mounts already.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    If you had a vicious saddle saved up, you could buy the new pvp mounts already.
    didn't the vicious saddle turn into a torn saddle when 6.0 came out?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    This right here. Based on what im reading here im going to have over 300 mounts already. This mount is very nice looking cool, but if i have 300+ mounts that means the rest of the retards that play this game and drool all the way through their play will have 250 easy. So, this mount is instantly trivialized - that's very sad. Please put in a real mount achievement for 300+ at least.
    Charming. I'll save this somewhere and repost it every time someone whines about how entitled and elitist the progression raiders are.

Slightly offtopic, but is the droprate for pureblood fire hawk the same on normal / heroic?
    It only drops on Heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    It only drops on Heroic.
    Incorrect. The mount drops on Normal and Heroic.

http://i.imgur.com/39LHCgE.jpg
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-10-19 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It only drops on Heroic.
    It also drops from normal mode. It has been that way since the launch of Firelands.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

10+ Year Old Account
    It only drops on Heroic.
    It used to be 100% from Heroic during Cataclysm, Heroic & Normal both have a low % chance to drop it now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkyy View Post
    It used to be 100% from Heroic during Cataclysm, Heroic & Normal both have a low % chance to drop it now.
    This is correct, I was specifically wondering if there's a difference in droprate between normal and heroic now, since I can do heroic on my 580+ main but probably not on my lowly alts.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

This is correct, I was specifically wondering if there's a difference in droprate between normal and heroic now, since I can do heroic on my 580+ main but probably not on my lowly alts.
    There is no difference in drop rate between normal and heroic.