Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

So battle fatigue is back (but different)

Originally Posted by Holinka (Blue Tracker)
    Latest beta build has two changes to battle fatigue. 20% healing reduction and 15% expertise. You should see less parry/dodge/healing in PvP

So no more parry/dodge outside of cooldowns such as Evasion, Die by the sword. A great change imo. Less rng can't be a bad thing. No more "monk parried all my attacks" situations.

The healing change however will benefit classes that focus on avoiding rather than healing. Hybrids will hurt the most. And probably they'll increase it with every patch like last expansion.

Deleted
    So when will Resilience be back as well?

The blanket nerfs are stupid way to balance things. It tunes outliers but at the same time they make normally functioning specs unplayable.

Why can't they nerf specs independently? Hybrid healing means next to nothing in pve.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I don't like this change. Expertise one is ok (15% sounds like too much though but I'm not in the beta so don't know).
    Don't like the healing one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the healing reduction, feeling weaker because I'm PvPing just feels like shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Healing one is stupid, one of the reasons for the high health thing and they still have battle fatigue? I say back to the drawing board.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Healing one is stupid, one of the reasons for the high health thing and they still have battle fatigue? I say back to the drawing board.
    Agree with this, I swear this was the sole reason everyone has proportionately high health relative to attack power.

As a melee player, I'm exceptionally happy about the Expertise bonus. Melee vs Melee is a fucking ballache with the avoidance everyone has, RNG messes everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Why can't they nerf specs independently? Hybrid healing means next to nothing in pve.
    This. All they gotta do is take the hybrids with insane healing (boomkin, ele sham etc.) and just make their healing spells scale less than they do for a healer, and voila.

Deleted
    It's just a lazy way to balance things...

Deleted
    So they didn't learn from the entirety of MoP that battle fatigue is a terrible idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    This saddens me like most people in this thread. 20% is nothing compared to now, but it's not what I hoped for. Same numbers in pvp as in pve seems like a dream nowadays...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

I'm not too bothered by this, I figure since you gain 30 ilvls with PvP gear when it the healing will probably only be the same as what you heal outside of PvP.

Though I will admit my Ret Pallies Self-heals did feel like they were in a pretty good place, 20% less might feel like a bit of a struggle to survive now.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Tip of the iceberg. As healing / dps become more and more potent with ilvl, fatigue and resilience will be back. As someone already said, go back to the drawing board.

FFS you are in beta and already implement something you spent 1 year trying to remove. Piss poor performance by blizzard and Holinka's team.

EDIT: This smells like Holinka was having trouble killing dps and healers with his warrior so he nerfed healers and buffed melee!
    Last edited by morislayer; 2014-09-11 at 11:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Irky quirky buffs/debuffs that serve to help arena usually mess with other parts of the game. But I think I'm cool as long as the pve gear world pvp opness from this patch (and prev. season in particular) isn't repeated.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel kinda stupid for asking this, but what exactly is Battle Fatigue?
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a modifier which occurs when you are in an arena or bg. Also in world pvp I believe. It basically reduces your damage taken by a huge percentile, and your healing done aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    EDIT: This smells like Holinka was having trouble killing dps and healers with his warrior so he nerfed healers and buffed melee!
    You know that the buff to melee only really benefits the melee fighting other melee. In which it benefits both, so all it does is remove RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    You know that the buff to melee only really benefits the melee fighting other melee. In which it benefits both, so all it does is remove RNG.
    So ranged cannot parry or dodge anymore while being attacked in melee? That is news to me.

EDIT: And I don't mean with your back to melee here...I forgot about them removing hit/expertise from gear in WOD, but my question still stands regarding pvp base parry / dodge?

I'm behind or forgot all WoD changes, but this basically makes NE's racial Quickness useless.
    Last edited by morislayer; 2014-09-11 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    I feel kinda stupid for asking this, but what exactly is Battle Fatigue?
    It means you receive a lot less healing in PvP (I think it's 60% currently in MoP). It was implemented to prevent massive heals in PvP and people going from 5% to 100% hp in a global.

Ofc, it failed totally because healers still top people off in a couple globals and intellect-based hybrids (especially boomkin) get to heal almost as much as healers.

On the other hand, strength/agi specs like retri, enh, etc. got shafted because without tons of intellect to buff their healing, their main survival mechanic (self-heals) has been nerfed into the ground by battle fatigue. This is why boomkins heal almost as much as healers, and retris spend 3 holy power for a 30k heal.