Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Code has been updated! It is now rotating according to player orientation (like the DBM radar):
    http://pastebin.com/BAc9REeB

Also, I decided to use LibMapData because DBM uses it's own database for maps, and it's a mess to find all of them. libMapData worked fine through Pandaria Dungeons and Siege of Orgrimmar. Just download it and put in the addon folder, inside a folder called libs (Interface\AddOns\HolyNova\libs\LibMapData). You can download it from here for testing (I don't really like sharing rar links, they look suspicious ahahha)
    Last edited by moothz; 2014-09-17 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moothz View Post
    Code has been updated! It is now rotating according to player orientation (like the DBM radar):
    http://pastebin.com/BAc9REeB

Also, I decided to use LibMapData because DBM uses it's own database for maps, and it's a mess to find all of them. libMapData worked fine through Pandaria Dungeons and Siege of Orgrimmar. Just download it and put in the addon folder, inside a folder called libs (Interface\AddOns\HolyNova\libs\LibMapData). You can download it from here for testing (I don't really like sharing rar links, they look suspicious ahahha)
    Sweet, We are raiding tonight SoO heroic 10 man. So i will test this out during the raid to see how it behaves, and will provide some feedback after.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    Sweet, We are raiding tonight SoO heroic 10 man. So i will test this out during the raid to see how it behaves, and will provide some feedback after.
    Ok, thank you! it seems to be mirroring the radar, simple to workaround I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    I would look into AceGUI for creating options. Instead of doing all the small things to create one, the lib does it for you. All of the Ace3 framework is great stuff. It's libs so you don't have to do it in your addon. Saves a lot of coding.
    Seems really straightforward, I'll give it a try
    Last edited by moothz; 2014-09-17 at 11:40 AM.

Right so i gave it a go tonight when preparing or a Thok heroic kill
    I made some screenshots and have uploaded them here http://postimg.org/gallery/2n5t1s3ag/

ok so for the addon in particulair
    • It looks nice
    Although i would prefer it a bit smaller as standard size (i know options are not yet there).

• The range is off.
    when looking at the screenshots the range of the green circle is currently around 20ish perhaps a little bit more.
    It might have something with holy nova currently on live having a range of 10. but i tried to show you the max range i could heal a person with range 10
    and that was already far towards the edge or the circle (Screenshot 3 counting from left to right top to bottom).

• Comparing minimap and addon positions are quite different.
    Quote Originally Posted by moothz View Post
    Ok, thank you! it seems to be mirroring the radar, simple to workaround I think...
    I`m not sure if that has to do with what you posted earlier (See quote), however i think it would be wise to point the circle to north like the minimap to avoid confusion. When moving its quite anoying when the dots in the circle move the other way then the dots on the minimap

• The color of the dots is perfect.
    I have to say that works quite nice. Although i beleive that with a more transparent background it would be ven more visable.
    For example make the edge of the circle green or any other color and make the inside transparent (Or optional transparent) so increase visability of the dots.

At this time i could not test on beta due to it being offline. i`ll do that tomorrow if i have time.
    Thats all i can think of right now. i`m quite tired so if i think of something later i`ll add it.

Cheers
    Last edited by Succath; 2014-09-17 at 08:34 PM.

The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Testing it on different PCs is really needed.

About the range:
    Hmmm, I have only tuned it based on the DBM radar and the holy hova explosion.
    Did you try doing /range 12 and comparing the positions? when the DBM radar went red, the players in range count also went up for me, so I thougth it was ok.

Options
    Even though there are no options menu, you can open the HolySonar.lua and edit the values, just do a /reload after you save the file!
    I have updated the code to make it easier to customize size and colors.
    I also added an option to turn off radar rotation! (see below)

Rotation problem
    Someone requested that the radar rotate like the DBM one does (I prefer no rotation, but decided to make it for fun)
    There IS something that may have happened, in angles that are not 0, 180, 90 and 270 they seem to be getting close to the center sometimes (I tested my equations on excel and the same is happening, but I didn't check if typed them correctly there).

If anyone that is good with math and wants to help, here's the problem:
    I have a (x,y) coordinate, and I want to rotate the whole cartesian plane (with it's center 0,0 as the anchor) and get the new x and y offsets!
    Code:
    local radar_x = (x * cos(angle)) - (-y * sin(angle))
    local radar_y = (x * sin(angle)) + (-y * cos(angle))
    Gotta take a shower and do some stuff, but I'll try to test it with tonight's raid again.

-- edit
    download it here to test it. rotating looks fine now, you can open the lua file with notepad (I'd recommend using Atom or Notepad ++) and edit the values like "rotateRadar" and the sizes/colors
    Last edited by moothz; 2014-09-18 at 12:05 AM.

About the range:
    Hmmm, I have only tuned it based on the DBM radar and the holy hova explosion.
    Did you try doing /range 12 and comparing the positions? when the DBM radar went red, the players in range count also went up for me, so I thougth it was ok.
    I actually did not do /range 12, however i used the DBM rader to test how many people were in the range and then compared it to the amount of dots i had on the addon and they didnt match. the range was also set at /range 20 at that time. I will see if i can check this later tonight on Beta for better value

Options
    Even though there are no options menu, you can open the HolySonar.lua and edit the values, just do a /reload after you save the file!
    I have updated the code to make it easier to customize size and colors.
    I also added an option to turn off radar rotation! (see below)
    Great i didnt know what file i needed to edit, (Did i already mention i`m a coding nub :P) but i`ll check this out as well.

Rotation problem
    Someone requested that the radar rotate like the DBM one does (I prefer no rotation, but decided to make it for fun)
    There IS something that may have happened, in angles that are not 0, 180, 90 and 270 they seem to be getting close to the center sometimes (I tested my equations on excel and the same is happening, but I didn't check if typed them correctly there).
    It is most likely exactly as you say. it did rotate indeed however it rotated completely opposite.
    When i stood faced north with my character it the person standing on front of me was actually behind me on the HN radar
    The best thing would be if the person standing in front of me is also in front of me on the HN radar. I`ll see if i can get that sorted tonight as well if not already done.

Just checking back, I haven't had time to check this thread for a few days, and I won't have time to help with any coding (as if i even could :P) or testing (this is where I think i can actually help) until tomorrow evening at best.

Its looking great, I'm impressed with how much has been done in just a few days

Few things:
    • Dot colour IS perfect. Just want to make sure you know how impressed I am with that, I know I've seen other people say the same. Whatever you've been using in the screenshots needs to be the default colours.
    • Rotation - having an option for it is a good idea, some people will prefer not to have it, but my whole intention for the radar component of the addon is that you could not only see how many people were in range/need healing which the icon does, but the Radar would also let you see if it there were injured people nearby that you should move to. For this reason, I think it would be necessary to have the option for it to orientate itself with the player.
    • Options - options are great, and the things you've listed are all really good things to add, however it could be a good idea to separate some things into an "advanced" sub section of the options. Things like refresh rate, RBG/RBGA colour pickers, anchor points. Things that the average joe doesn't need to worry about, but people who love their customization or really know what they're doing can still change. Everything else mentioned so far I'd put in the main options.
    • I think there's room for other healers with PBAoE like MW Monk's SCK to use this, so when we've got everything working there could be room for changing the radius and what spell it calculates for, but those are secondary and nothing worth worrying about right now. It's primary function is for holy nova, so we need to finish that first xD

Let me know if there's anything I can help with
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Deleted
    Hi,
    i have done a basic config menu. i.imgur.com/LmxmREF.jpg
    I still need to do some code merging with the code from moothz and i will do some usablility improvements afterwards. Some options may be missing, have to recheck. Will share it later.

Another advanced option would be the radar showing further out(slider?) with an inner circle showing the Holy Nova range.

I want the radar to rotate with me and not be fixed so I can position myself better in a light spread out raid setting.
    This way the radar does more then "should I heal? yes/no" but also "Where can I stand to heal more".

A dot on the radar marking the best suggested spot to stand on within 15yd :P (code nerds c'mon it'll be fun)
    But that maybe takes away the thinking part of healing

Deleted
    A dot indicating the best position sounds funny. You call tell your raidlead "Sry, my addon told me to stand in the void zone" or "Im running all the time because my addon told me to" because best position changes every second ^^

@Atonement
    Nice! I just put the screenshot on photoshop and choose what color looked good on that green radar hahah
    Rotation seems to be working fine now, even the facing! It may be 1 or 2 Degrees off, but that's probably because of map inaccurate sizes
    Ye, options first Tab should show basically two or three things, people who like customizing usually click on other stuff and play with the values.
    I had that "other healers" idea on mind! I want to make a Circle of Healing one also, that centers the radar on which player you are currently hovering the mouse! *May not work properly because of distance, see below.

One thing that is needed that is not actually code related is the Holy Nova formula. I'm not playing on the beta/ptr so I don't know what is affecting it's healing... (Disc 10% bonus, archangel, versatility, spell power, procs to be aware of?). If someone could come up with a formula, that would be great

@Dessi
    Nice!
    I tried making one with AceGui using tabs! Very easy, actually. I just have zero idea how to store data on client files...
    I did one tab for General Options (adding that separator line for 'Advanced Options', one tab for color and one tab for positioning. Looks really great on tabs!
    Also, blizzard option panel seems to not be moveable sometimes, so you have to move things to the side and then reposition them, which sucks Some addons unlock it, so it should be possible

@Lundmark
    There is an option to show "outside" the radar, and how much you want to 'extend' it!
    I actually wanted to do that (best point to stand), but the thing is, you can get unit positions over 20 yards, they just return wrong values (like being ON TOP OF YOU)

Deleted
    So i merged the options gui code with the code from moothz (/hn options). I also included saving/loading of the settings, calculation of the holy nova heal value (which is not accurate yet (whats the function to get the versatility? oO)) and some other stuff. The only option that does not work currently is the "hide player outside of heal range" option for the radar. Some other things dont work yet:
    • radar dots should be relative to the radar size
    • if the radar rotates with the player, some dots are mirrored
    • the circle range is lower than Efflorescence range (which is 10yrd on live?) so it must be wrong (party member was standing on max circle range and he was in Efflorescence range)
    • i get lua error for libmapdata on beta (maybe because of the new beta build?)

lua: pastebin.com/RxRUMJHx

moothz, for the saving/loading to work you only have to add one line to the toc (define which global var blizz should save/restore: ##SavedVariables: HNSOptions) I dont think we need character specific profiles (yet).
    toc: pastebin.com/Gw8nbbjp

i will do some usability improvements for the gui tomorrow . (description texts, outsource some options to "advanced" options) and check what options are missing.

PS: dependency on DBM and Ace should be declared in the toc, or add the used dmb images to the projekt folder
    Last edited by mmoc1481f7b61b; 2014-09-18 at 10:20 PM.

circle:SetTexture("Interface\\AddOns\\DBM-Core\\textures\\radar_circle.blp")
    change this

Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    change this
    I'll make another one and then attach it (don't want to rip off their radar lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Dessi View Post
    So i merged the options gui code with the code from moothz (/hn options). I also included saving/loading of the settings, calculation of the holy nova heal value (which is not accurate yet (whats the function to get the versatility? oO)) and some other stuff. The only option that does not work currently is the "hide player outside of heal range" option for the radar. Some other things dont work yet:
    • radar dots should be relative to the radar size
    • if the radar rotates with the player, some dots are mirrored
    • the circle range is lower than Efflorescence range (which is 10yrd on live?) so it must be wrong (party member was standing on max circle range and he was in Efflorescence range)
    • i get lua error for libmapdata on beta (maybe because of the new beta build?)

lua: pastebin.com/RxRUMJHx

moothz, for the saving/loading to work you only have to add one line to the toc (define which global var blizz should save/restore: ##SavedVariables: HNSOptions) I dont think we need character specific profiles (yet).
    toc: pastebin.com/Gw8nbbjp

i will do some usability improvements for the gui tomorrow . (description texts, outsource some options to "advanced" options) and check what options are missing.

PS: dependency on DBM and Ace should be declared in the toc, or add the used dmb images to the projekt folder
    Gosh, that looks awesome! Very nice work there!
    I'll try to read the codes today to understand what's happening. I assume you got the last version I posted, right?
    I think it's time to split things between files (one for options and for the holy nova code, at least, but makin an 'utils' file for table things you created and my getPosition and Health Stuff would be nice), it's getting pretty big ahaahah

About dot sizes, ye, I forgot an option to set their size - a scale would work better than values in pixels, that way I can make them a relative size.
    I'm using it right now on live and the dots don't seem to be rotated, but the radar scaling isn't working in open world maps, so have that in mind - only test inside non-beta instances. I'll try to find out how to get map sizes and hardcore them (or check if LibMapData is available for wod maps yet)

Can you an option to choose radar texture? I think I'll make 4 different ones, I just need to get photosop exporting BLP files (don't wanna use 1Mb tgas for this lol). Another option that would be nice to have as a variable is the "Player Dot Scale", as you mentioned.

Ps.: since we're editing these without a version control, it would be nice to put our names on some lines we modified from eachother code, if it happens
    Last edited by moothz; 2014-09-19 at 11:28 AM.

I`ll wait till there is a newer version available to test. since i cant do much else anyway :P

Hey, dessi!
    I havE added some missing options (I did not edit any of your code, just added variables to the options table). I marked them with [moothz] and added comments also.
    I dind't have much time to play with it, so I couldn't separate them into files properly. I also added some textures I made on photoshop, I got the PSD if anyone is interested in creating more.

All configurations seem to be working fine, but we could rearrange them a bit. I'll try to think of a cool layout.
    Also, we should call the health colors by "Full HP, Low Damage, Moderate Damage, High Damage" or something like this (only the description, no need to change the variables)

The LibMapData from WoD isn't working, so I kept the MoP Version

Download it here
    Last edited by moothz; 2014-09-19 at 03:55 PM.

I cleaned up your version a little bit.
    * Made all of your globals into local, you do need to have 1 global for the addon so all the other variable can be stored there. If you have to many globals, they could conflict with other addons b/c they aren't uniquely named.
    * Made local references of frequently called wow api
    * Added a load_libs.xml under libs. This is usually the standard way of loading libs through the .toc file, instead of specifying each under the toc.
    * Swapped from LibMapData to Astrolabe. Astrolabe is smaller and works nicely. I tested it in WoD dungeons and BRF and it worked great. (I did leave some of the functions in there, just commented out for reference.

If you don't have a diff program to compare files, I use WinMerge. Pretty simple to use and you can easily see the changes.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ka.../HolySonar.zip
    Last edited by Clebane; 2014-09-21 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    I cleaned up your version a little bit.
    * Made all of your globals into local.
    * Made local references of frequently called wow api
    * Added a load_libs.xml under libs. This is usually the standard way of loading libs through the .toc file, instead of specifying each under the toc.
    * Swapped from LibMapData to Astrolabe. Astrolabe is smaller and works nicely. I tested it in WoD dungeons and BRF and it worked great. (I did leave some of the functions in there, just commented out for reference.

If you don't have a diff program to compare files, I use WinMerge. Pretty simple to use and you can easily see the changes.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ka.../HolySonar.zip
    I got a diff here, thanks so much for the cleanup, it's usually the job that no one likes doing ahahaha
    I didn't know about astrolabe, but it looks great!
    Gonna give it a read and try it on some dungeons now

-- edit
    You can't make setupOptionsGUI, Radar, HolyNovaIcon locals because they're being referenced in most functions, maybe put them in a major global?
    I'm trying to fix most stuff, addon won't load because of so many errors haha

Your (modified version of) getDistance isn't working. It keeps returning nil values for dist_x and dist_y :\
    modified Player rotation is not working properly also
    Last edited by moothz; 2014-09-21 at 03:04 PM.

This will be fixed when you setup the globals correctly.
    This will be your initialization
    HolySonar= LibStub("AceAddon-3.0"):NewAddon("Holy Sonar")

Then you can define functions like function HolySonar:setupOptionsGUI(), b/c if you make it a local function, it has be be physically earlier in the code for it to be called correcly.
    To fix what I posted earlier, just make this
    Code:

local Radar = newRadar()
    local HolyNovaIcon = newHNIcon()
    Radar:SetScript("OnUpdate", onUpdate)
    to this
    Code:
    Radar = newRadar()
    HolyNovaIcon = newHNIcon()
    Radar:SetScript("OnUpdate", onUpdate)
    b/c the locals are already being defined at the top of the file. And then just make setupOptionsGUI global until AceAddon can be setup correctly.

Oh, one more thing. GetPlayerFacing() returns radians increasing in a CCW direction, this is why I apply a negative. And the trigonometric functions take radians, not degrees.

The radar seems to be working fine for me. It doesn't work out in the world b/c you cant get player positions there.
    Last edited by Clebane; 2014-09-21 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    strange, the rotation does not work for me. if i turn my camera 1 degree, the radar turns like 10 degree (but in the right direction). And i dont see values in the ace dialog textfields on beta. maybe an ace issue, the getters return the right values.

Edit:
    sry clebane, next time i will read you post more carefully ^^ rotation fixed
    Last edited by mmoc1481f7b61b; 2014-09-21 at 06:36 PM.