Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to deal with jungle ignoring me?

Last few days i've been having a recurring thing where the jungle would straight out ignore me. An example would be my last game...

I was vs a riven top, and we had a fight early both got pretty low... I spotted the enemy jungler coming and my jungler was on golems just next to me so I said "they are going to dive me, please help" I got nothing and died this was 4min into the game. I got back to lane with riven a level ahead of me, with the lane having bounced back so Riven was just denying me CS... Soon as I went in for a CS out came there jungler again, I didn't die but was forced to back. Now i'm lv 3 and riven is lv 5 so it's clear I have no way to fight in this lane anymore, I simply say "Please help top or riven will snowball"... I repeat this for the next 15min, while I manage to survive riven pushes 2 turrets and has triple my CS. Now she starts to roam and killing everyone else, suddenly the entire team starts flaming me for feeding riven and when I respond saying I asked for help they respond with comments like "It's your lane, not hers if you lost it it's your fault" or "if you can't deal with your lane why did you take top".

Anyone else had similar experiences to this? What do you do when your put in an impossible position be it counter champs, your opponent getting ahead etc.. and your team does nothing to help regardless of how much you ask? I feel like this scenario is happening more and more, especially when the jungler is premade with someone and every time it happens I just feel lost for what I can do to not lose.

Any advise?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your junglers arent ganking for u, then play as if you dont expect jungle help. Don't take bad trades, don't overextend without knowledge if their junglers location. Pick safe laners like Nidalee, Shyvana, Renekton. those 3 also don't necessarily need jungle pressure to win lane either. Also practicing matchups is important so you can win in different situations. What are u usually playing?

your team is semi right though, its not the junglers fault if u lose, 2 other lanes need help. Just a tip but muting flamers works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    If your junglers arent ganking for u, then play as if you dont expect jungle help. Don't take bad trades, don't overextend without knowledge if their junglers location. Pick safe laners like Nidalee, Shyvana, Renekton. those 3 also don't necessarily need jungle pressure to win lane either. Also practicing matchups is important so you can win in different situations. What are u usually playing?

your team is semi right though, its not the junglers fault if u lose, 2 other lanes need help. Just a tip but muting flamers works wonders.
    Playing defensive is what I did, hence why I didn't die any further after they dived me early but Riven would keep me denied and eventually pushed the lane all the way to base turret at which point she was freely able to push creep wave and roam. I'm aware that there are other lanes, I didn't request her to babysit but a single gank when I asked would have been all I needed to get back in line with riven, without it I was simply unable to catch back up.

I usually play semi-tanks like Garen, Trundle etc... In this game I was playing Trundle.

Even if you are turret humping, you still can die in dives. If you get constantly camped, you can't do anything even if you are CSing with abilities from a distance.

The jungler doesn't have to gank, just show up to give presence to stem the constant dives. When I play jungle and I notice that their jungler ignores top all game, you know what I do? I constant gank top, and push it super far ahead, as long as the other lanes are going even we all good. A lot of lower elo junglers just jungle the entire game, seems like that is what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    In this case, your jungler likely was a bad player. Granted that yes, being a level behind won't kill you, but having the enemy jungler camp your lane early game will definitely cause you to lose the lane if your jungler doesn't help.

In situations like this, there's not much you can do other than keep trying to ask for help. For one, the early fight wasn't a good idea. It left you open when you should just be farming. When I jungle, I take full advantage of people who fight early on because they're basically free kills for me and my team. If you don't get the kill immediately, you should be prepared to back if their jungler shows up. (Which you said you realized was happening, but you didn't back. Yes, Riven would have gotten a level on you anyway, but now she has a level and either kill or assist gold - Much worse.)

All in all, the situation was shitty and the jungler should have helped. But welcome to league of flamecraft, where no one cares about your lane until you lose it and where the fault actually lies doesn't matter.
    Yeah I agree that my first death could have been avoided had I backed, the fight ended with me having more HP than riven and knew my jungler was on the golems (the ones right next to me) seeing there jungler I backed to my turret and figured if I tell my jungler what's happening and they dive then surely we'll kill them both... Naturally my jungler did nothing and remained on golems, in hindsight I shouldn't have trusted that my jungler would have reacted and just backed at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply put, the jungler was completely right to ignore your lane once it hit that bad stage. At that point, with you being lvl 3 vs lvl 5 and the Riven denying you heavily, it's pretty likely that going top will result in a double kill for the Riven, especially if the enemy jungler is there to counter gank.

(Mind you, not when you indicated you were going to get dived for the first time, unless he was very low and it would've resulted in a double kill).

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Simply put, the jungler was completely right to ignore your lane once it hit that bad stage. At that point, with you being lvl 3 vs lvl 5 and the Riven denying you heavily, it's pretty likely that going top will result in a double kill for the Riven, especially if the enemy jungler is there to counter gank.

(Mind you, not when you indicated you were going to get dived for the first time, unless he was very low and it would've resulted in a double kill).
    This, and also, if you think you are going to get dived, then you have no business being in lane. Just back off and heal at base, don't try to stick around.

Also, it depends on the jungler, some junglers need to reach 6 before they can really do anything(Warwick), so they just farm until then and you have to fend for yourself.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2014-09-13 at 07:47 PM.

Then, what can I do in this situation to prevent the person i'm against from snowballing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Farm jungle. Try showing up in another lane. Press Dragon. Give up turret and freeze at second.

Normally when i play jungle, i don't really give a shit about top lane. I usually play farm junglers like Udyr and Nocturne (flare), so i dont really give a shit about any lane. I'm a bit drunk atm, but i if i understood your post correctly, just try to get every experience point you can, and if yuu can, try to get cs. It's better to miss like 10 cs, than to feed someone like riven 1 kill.

There's nothing you can do about it. In the past 5 months I have had maybe 4 junglers gank my lane. No matter what lane I am in. Just expect that at anytime you could be 1v2 and play accordingly. I generally play champions who can farm good at range and pray my team doesnt feed and we can get to team fights.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Never 'expect' jungle ganks. If you want to move up elo you need to dominate your lane opponent solo - ganks are just a bonus.

In your example, why would you stay if you KNOW they are going to dive you? Go back and heal up, lose the early turret if you have to (you're going to lose it anyway after you're dead - why give more of a lead?).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Normally when i play jungle, i don't really give a shit about top lane. I usually play farm junglers like Udyr and Nocturne (flare), so i dont really give a shit about any lane. I'm a bit drunk atm, but i if i understood your post correctly, just try to get every experience point you can, and if yuu can, try to get cs. It's better to miss like 10 cs, than to feed someone like riven 1 kill.
    This is what you should expect every jungler to be like.

Its dumb because top lane is easy to gank and snowball, but most junglers simply have NFI what they are doing and believe that getting those wolves or wraiths is more valuable than a countergank. A good jungler will not AFK farm for 30 minutes (although I certainly love when my opponents jungler does this, ensures all 3 lanes lose and the farm jungler will struggle to carry), but 80%+ of the time you will not have a good jungler and you need to take that into account.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

Thing people don't realize is no one is "entitled" to another playing a certain way. If you were behind Riven top, it's really not motivating to gank since it could in all likelihood end up with you dying to her in the process, Riven getting away because you're too weak and wasting the junglers time, or she could kill you both if the jungler's behind aswell.

Put yourself in the jungler's position, do you really want to gank a lane that's losing hard? Of course you should, but often it can end up ruining that jungler's game.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you are getting dived at 4 minutes without getting a kill you are already losing your lane. I dislike top lane because i am usually reliant on my jungler to carry me through lane.

league sucks

don't spam and try to post constructively.
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2014-09-15 at 05:39 AM.

you only mentioned you were vsing a Riven

you need to tell us who you are and enemy jungler is

as a jungler im not going to gank a riven lane because

A: geting counter ganked and 2v2 will most likely to lose trade (double kill is the worst possible scenario)

B: you were lvl 3 vs lvl 5 u shouldnt have backed from huge minion wave i assume

C: not your fault that riven started roaming BUT if you freeze the lane or didnt have wards set up then your fault, then again mid shouldve warded river side and if they die their fault

all in all everyone should know that 3:30 min mark is the most dangerous part of top lane since thats when jungler finish their 2nd buff and usually heads top

you need to know if you can farm safely but knowing that you can escape from gank (dont over extend even with flash)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I spotted the enemy jungler coming and my jungler was on golems just next to me so I said "they are going to dive me, please help" I got nothing and died this was 4min into the game.
    Out of curiosity, what rank are you? I'm asking because the best way to rank up and win games is to focus on what you can improve, not on what others should do, and if you saw the enemy jungler coming, and your jungler had time to get from golems to you before he got there, you had absolutely no business dying and that death was entirely on you. Which means that you being a level behind Riven and unable to fight with him is also on you. On top of that if Riven has 3x your CS while pushing down two towers then you're doing something wrong to begin with, you don't mention who you were playing, but if you're just farming under your turret there's no real reason that you should fall that far behind, even if he's getting every CS without missing any you shouldn't be that far behind.

You can sit there and complain that your jungler never helps you, but if you're dying when you already know it's coming then you need to fix those problems before worrying about others.

Should the jungler of helped you at the beginning? Of course, but you also knew it was coming and you can look at your minimap and see your jungler isn't coming. Should the jungler of helped you after you were level 3 and Riven was 5, eh, questionable, if your jungler was fed off other lanes sure I guess, but at the same time avoiding top altogether at that point is probably wiser.

On top of that Riven is a pain to gank, again you don't mention who you were playing or who your jungler was playing, but if neither of you had stuns or if you only had one stun odds are good Riven would get away even if you were the same level, you being down a level or two would probably just result in Riven ulting and killing you both, especially once she has her ult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Last few days i've been having a recurring thing where the jungle would straight out ignore me. An example would be my last game...

I was vs a riven top, and we had a fight early both got pretty low... I spotted the enemy jungler coming and my jungler was on golems just next to me so I said "they are going to dive me, please help" I got nothing and died this was 4min into the game. I got back to lane with riven a level ahead of me, with the lane having bounced back so Riven was just denying me CS... Soon as I went in for a CS out came there jungler again, I didn't die but was forced to back. Now i'm lv 3 and riven is lv 5 so it's clear I have no way to fight in this lane anymore, I simply say "Please help top or riven will snowball"... I repeat this for the next 15min, while I manage to survive riven pushes 2 turrets and has triple my CS. Now she starts to roam and killing everyone else, suddenly the entire team starts flaming me for feeding riven and when I respond saying I asked for help they respond with comments like "It's your lane, not hers if you lost it it's your fault" or "if you can't deal with your lane why did you take top".

Anyone else had similar experiences to this? What do you do when your put in an impossible position be it counter champs, your opponent getting ahead etc.. and your team does nothing to help regardless of how much you ask? I feel like this scenario is happening more and more, especially when the jungler is premade with someone and every time it happens I just feel lost for what I can do to not lose.

Any advise?
    Lots of questions.
    First off, what top laner were you playing?
    Secondly, what jungler did you have?
    Thirdly, if you know they are going to dive you, why are you staying in lane?
    Fourth, what is your Summoner level and your division?
    Fifth, what game mode was this? Normal or ranked? Blind pick of draft?

You're missing crucial information here. If I am to give you an educated response, I am going to need some details.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hateful View Post
    Never 'expect' jungle ganks. If you want to move up elo you need to dominate your lane opponent solo - ganks are just a bonus
    This, it is not our job to win your lane for you, it's our job to help you snowball it, secure objectives, buffs, dragon, towers etc.

If you're behind, it's often better to focus on another lane and help them instead since the lead your oponent has won't dissappear, he'll still have his items and he'll still do damage regardless of how many deaths he has.

Level 3 vs level 5 means nothing. The stat advantage is not that huge and items pretty much play no part this early. If Riven overextends, she should easily die in a well-executed gank unless she got the other top laner to very low hp beforehand. And then it could turn into level 6 top vs level 5 Riven. If it's, say, level 6 vs level 4, or 7 vs 5, then yeah, it's pointless to gank such a lane, but pre-6 ganks are really important, even if your laners are getting zoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.