Deleted

Wow, going from disc to try shadow off spec I'm thoroughly dissappointed.

That thing has no mobility, it is clunky, it feels like a gimmick and it's generally bad, and this comes from someone that has thoroughly played a purely ranged dps class so I'm spoiled with actually a good option of ranged dps, so when you are offered only this it's just horrible. I mean, even if they do buf it or nerf it, it doesn't matter, the spec is just limited and even for what it is it is very boring, even the feral druid is better since while it's also limited, at least it's fun and mobile. I think the game in general is very unforgiving if you get a class that has only one dps spec for one kind of type of dps, ranged or melee, so if you try to dps on a druid or a priest or a pala I think you better realize you are going to be limited.

Deleted
    I dont understand what your compliant is? That shadow priests are bad or that certain classes only have one dps spec. I mean it's not like that is a new thing? Paladins know if they want to dps, its ret or reroll. And that is my advice to you, if you don't enjoy a class why play it? Play something else

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wymarc View Post
    I dont understand what your compliant is? That shadow priests are bad or that certain classes only have one dps spec. I mean it's not like that is a new thing? Paladins know if they want to dps, its ret or reroll. And that is my advice to you, if you don't enjoy a class why play it? Play something else
    I enjoy the class. I find the shadow offspec to be horrible. It's just one of the worst ranged dps designs in the game, to not say the worst, but probably the Moonkin is far ahead in getting that sad title.

I boosted my mage to find out that I absolutely cannot stand their playstyle, but enjoy my Shadow Priest well enough.

Different strokes for different folks man. If you don't like it, don't play it.... nothing wrong with that, that's why there's different classes to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I boosted my mage to find out that I absolutely cannot stand their playstyle
    I bet you only tried one spec, like frost, that feels very bad in PvE. To find out, really find out, what a purely ranged class is you have to play ALL specs. You can't believe how COMPLETELY different the class is between the three specs, in particular the mage.

Personally, I stopped playing mage not because I hated it, but because mainly fire was very fun, arcane was fun only when you are bored and you want to nuke, and frost feels good only in PvP.

Let alone MoP's end-game talents of mage are just annoying to use.

Well you're going to have to get used to having limited mobility seeing as how every other ranged (but hunters) are getting their mobility brought down to shadows level finally. Just because you don't like how shadow plays doesn't make it horrible either. I actually quite enjoy shadow.

I never understood the point of threads like this. Are we supposed to talk you into playing shadow? If you don't like it, guess what? There's like 40 other specs you can try. Go play ones you enjoy, it's a game. No ones forcing you to play something you don't enjoy.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Naturally. Disc is faceroll, has great mobility, decent healing and DPS while flowing well. Shadow's damage is inconsistent, has little mobility (loldots) and is clunky when your filler has to be channeled.
    Stay salty my friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    Naturally. Disc is faceroll, has great mobility, decent healing and DPS while flowing well. Shadow's damage is inconsistent, has little mobility (loldots) and is clunky when your filler has to be channeled.
    Exactly. I don't get why people get defensive when the class is amazing, but not for that spec in particular. The game has amazing specs in ranged DPS, and the shadow priest and the moonkin, are just not them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did that today too on my lvl 50 priest. It does feel weird after playing other classes. It might straighten out after playing a little more on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Exactly. I don't get why people get defensive when the class is amazing, but not for that spec in particular. The game has amazing specs in ranged DPS, and the shadow priest and the moonkin, are just not them.
    This is personal preference - imo, I find shadow to be one of the most well designed specs, from a holistic perspective. The spec doesn't allow all the kind of things warlocks can do, and I find that to be a good thing (as warlocks need a nerf/change, which they are getting). Most ranged specs has gotten out of control in terms of what they allow, and I find the reeling in of off-hand mobility to be a good thing. Shadow for me is what ranged dps is about, putting thought into mobility, and rewarding planning ahead. It really goes to show a great player is like, if you can properly execute mobility-planning, responsiveness to procs/new mobs, as well as managing uptimes / MF:Insanity channeling. There's just so many gameplay-challenges, reaching a really high skill level (like some other priests here, Drye, Yvaelle etc) is something that's vastly more challenging than other classes imo. I absolutely love having spriest as my alt, it's definitely not a char you can max out the skillcap in 1 week - I know I personally haven't, and I learn something new every week.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-09-15 at 09:02 AM.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Is the point of this thread just to force your opinion down our throats?

Like others said, if you don't like it don't play it. Alternatively, be constructive and say what would improve the spec in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That thing has no mobility, it is clunky, it feels like a gimmick and it's generally bad, and this comes from someone that has thoroughly played a purely ranged dps class so I'm spoiled with actually a good option of ranged dps, so when you are offered only this it's just horrible. I mean, even if they do buf it or nerf it, it doesn't matter, the spec is just limited and even for what it is it is very boring, even the feral druid is better since while it's also limited, at least it's fun and mobile. I think the game in general is very unforgiving if you get a class that has only one dps spec for one kind of type of dps, ranged or melee, so if you try to dps on a druid or a priest or a pala I think you better realize you are going to be limited.
    So you dont like shadow, perhaps its just not for you. I enjoy it imensly but cant stand mage for example.
    to each his own. i say move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

I'm not usually one for having a go at people just because they post stupid stuff, but everything has an exception. Tobindax, I saw you posting about disc the other day too, and like this your post and replies were mostly pointless, arrogant, misguided and had overtly agressive overtones. We're not interested in opening up a whiny QQ thread just for you, so seeing as there never seemed to be a point to this thread in the first place, I suggest we end it here.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

- snip -

Figured i'd let everyone know since he wants to call everyone idiots on all his threads.

Just ending this right here right now, not gonna have a name 'n shame fest on these boards.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-09-18 at 07:44 AM.

Locking this thread, nothing useful will come from this. Naming & shaming, flaming and nonconstructive bickering is something you can leave at the door when logging in to these forums.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud