Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Im still new on Fire, can someone explain how "Getting two single-target non-periodic Fire critical strikes in a row will make your next Pyroblast instant, cost no mana, and deal 25% additional damage." works? I cast two fireballs and get no crit, should it then give me a insta pyro?
    Last edited by Tyze; 2014-09-20 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Im still new on Fire, can someone explain how "Getting two single-target non-periodic Fire critical strikes in a row will make your next Pyroblast instant, cost no mana, and deal 25% additional damage." works? I cast two fireballs and get no crit, should it then give me a insta pyro?
    It's actually the opposite. If both of your FBs are critical strikes, you'll get a Pyroblast! (the ! mark is the distinction that indicates it's the buff)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyena View Post
    It's actually the opposite. If both of your FBs are critical strikes, you'll get a Pyroblast! (the ! mark is the distinction that indicates it's the buff)
    Ohhh so it's that! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Will you guys level as Fire too?
    Fire for dungeons, frost for solo'ing. Fire was best for leveling in MoP because you could skillfully use deep freeze to get yourself a chain of crits all over the place, even if you had crap gear. Also, you had glyph of evocation to heal. With the relative high health of mobs in the final zones of MoP, you almost had to go fire or else it took you forever to kill stuff.

In WoD, fire has no deep freeze, no shatter, no evocation heal. This is a huge nerf to our leveling and solo'ing capabilities, such that it's going to be frost for anyone who is doing solo powerleveling activities (and frost appears to be shaping up with strong dps in it's own right, so you aren't nerfing your actual dps by going frost solo).

...then again, I'll be waiting for 6.1 most likely at the earliest, as I'm not a fan of many of the changes of the game in general, and by that point, we could be self-healing better than hunters. But the above statements would be true if I were leveling on release (which... I might do anyway because I've been twitch streaming lately, and racing to be the first 90 on my server while livestreaming has some appeal).

I'm honestly curious to see how much of a major role those new RNG secondary "affixes" on gear will have an effect on the specs we play. This really depends on how well balanced the three specs will be when it boils down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    I'm honestly curious to see how much of a major role those new RNG secondary "affixes" on gear will have an effect on the specs we play. This really depends on how well balanced the three specs will be when it boils down to it.
    I'm confused. I thought only tertiaries were RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Indeed, for raiding it is pretty much only cosmetic, and since it is a Major Glyph we rarely even have room for it.
    Well we did lose Armors, so we might have some room if you know you won't use DB/Cleave with IB on a fight, heh. Not like we have any other worthwhile glyphs like Evanesce healing...

Speaking of which, I thought Glyphs were supposed to be a choice. Do they want us all using Combustion, Rapid Displacement, and IB/DB now? We have literally 1 choice between IB and DB.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Speaking of which, I thought Glyphs were supposed to be a choice. Do they want us all using Combustion, Rapid Displacement, and IB/DB now? We have literally 1 choice between IB and DB.
    ? There's the choice of being optimal or not! So don't know what you are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    ? There's the choice of being optimal or not! So don't know what you are talking about
    Oh Greenie, you're so cute :3
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    I'm confused. I thought only tertiaries were RNG.
    You're right. Tertiary stats aka "Minor stats" (Leech, Speed, Indestructible, Avoidance) + Gem Socket + Higher Item Lvl (warforged / thunderforged...) are random.

I don't think that the tertiary stats have any effect on the specs we play as they don't influence the play style. Whereas "Speed" might be the only stat giving you any "real" benefit because you walk minimally faster and maybe "Leech" (but the heal is almost unnoticeable), but this won't determine the spec you play.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2014-09-22 at 08:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    You're right. Tertiary stats aka "Minor stats" (Leech, Speed, Indestructible, Avoidance) + Gem Socket + Higher Item Lvl (warforged / thunderforged...) are random.

I don't think that the tertiary stats have any effect on the specs we play as they don't influence the play style. Whereas "Speed" might be the only stat giving you any "real" benefit because you walk minimally faster and maybe "Leech" (but the heal is almost unnoticeable), but this won't determine the spec you play.
    Indeed. They will just be straight assists for us. The only one that really effects damage is a Socket/Warforged, and that either helps our stats or we just gem Crit. Speed might be helpful, but it depends on how much you can actually raise it by, as 1% really wouldn't be noticeable.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    i've hear alot of mages will be switching to frost when 6.0 hits, so was wondering how much patch 6.0 will effect the fire dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by classact View Post
    i've hear alot of mages will be switching to frost when 6.0 hits, so was wondering how much patch 6.0 will effect the fire dps
    Frost is seemingly the highest at Level 100, however when 6.0 hits, Fire will be the strongest at 90.

Deleted
    I'm just very curious about 6.0 and the strongest spec.

Fire > Frost ? Could you explain maybe why or perhaps have a link to a topic on it ? As I really want to switch to Fire once 6.0 hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cauqe View Post
    I'm just very curious about 6.0 and the strongest spec.

Fire > Frost ? Could you explain maybe why or perhaps have a link to a topic on it ? As I really want to switch to Fire once 6.0 hits.
    That information only applies to level 90, just as a note. At Level 100 Frost and Arcane are both ahead of Fire IIRC. Fire benefits more from secondary stats than the other specs as of current, and secondary stats I imagine will still be strong for it as it scales in WoD as the spec is not changing by much. Fire also historically is stronger on end tiers than beginning tiers, and I personally have spent a decent amount of time testing out our damage on the PTR and Fire is stronger by ~15-20% over Frost and ~10-15% over Arcane, though I need to test Arcane more.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    That information only applies to level 90, just as a note. At Level 100 Frost and Arcane are both ahead of Fire IIRC. Fire benefits more from secondary stats than the other specs as of current, and secondary stats I imagine will still be strong for it as it scales in WoD as the spec is not changing by much. Fire also historically is stronger on end tiers than beginning tiers, and I personally have spent a decent amount of time testing out our damage on the PTR and Fire is stronger by ~15-20% over Frost and ~10-15% over Arcane, though I need to test Arcane more.
    Fire is going to feel sooooo underpowered at 100... to put out any satisfactory damage you need a healthy crit chance.... between stat squish and fresh 100 gear... getting it above 15% is likely to be very, very difficult.

Let's not forget that tier tokens will now "random roll" stats... you may very well see Haste pieces and never see a crit item. All the while your DKP gets gobbled up for an item that did not roll a socket or "warforged" (they are going to call it something else on release most likely).

I mean I hope it plays out differently... maybe they'll adjust the rolling parameters... but as it stands.. it's going to be VERY RNG to get proper gear.

In D3.. I cannot tell you how many legendary items get DE'd because they simple aren't as good as the rare items already equipped.. simply because RNGesus didn't smile favorably. In fact more often than not they get DE'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Fire is going to feel sooooo underpowered at 100... to put out any satisfactory damage you need a healthy crit chance.... between stat squish and fresh 100 gear... getting it above 15% is likely to be very, very difficult.

Fire has been underpowered in the start of every expansion. Now we get +5% crit everytime we don't crit but that compensates only to the removal of reforges and sockets.

Tier tokens and gear overall will always have the secondary stats mentioned in loot tables, only the tertiary stats (multistrike, versatility etc.) will be random. The token unlocking mechanic like on timeless gear doesn't affect the stats, but helps you get the tier piece on without having to leave the raid.

--------

P.S. Prismatic Crystal got 30s more CD nerf, would it be possible that Kindling would now overthrow it LocNess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Tier tokens and gear overall will always have the secondary stats mentioned in loot tables, only the tertiary stats (multistrike, versatility etc.) will be random. The token unlocking mechanic like on timeless gear doesn't affect the stats, but helps you get the tier piece on without having to leave the raid.
    You are correct that tier gear won't be re-rolling secondary stats each time, just tertiary - but multistrike/versatility are secondaries not tertiary. Smaikiii mentioned the tertiary list a few posts up (leech, speed, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post

P.S. Prismatic Crystal got 30s more CD nerf, would it be possible that Kindling would now overthrow it LocNess?
    Sims say so. Also Kindling seems to scale way better than anything else, though that was to be expected. But as always tuning is still going on, so can't say anything for certain yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Sims say so. Also Kindling seems to scale way better than anything else, though that was to be expected. But as always tuning is still going on, so can't say anything for certain yet.
    Yeah, Kindling will shoot up quite a bit by T19. I see PC falling off completely for Meteor and Kindling as our gear increases. I will be on vacation for a week so I won't be able to be on the forums as much, so if I am slow in replying that is why!