Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

Blizzard Cancels Titan Project

Blizzard Cancels Titan Project
    You might recall that Blizzard "reset" the Titan project back in mid 2013. Mike Morhaime confirmed to Polygon today that the project is now cancelled.

• The team set out to make another amazing MMO after World of Warcraft, but they didn't find the fun or passion.
    • Metzen said the decision to cancel Titan was excruciating, but cancelling projects has always resulted in better quality work.
    • Right now Blizzard doesn't want to spend time working on another MMO.
    • Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm helped Blizzard realize they don't have to work on giant projects.

However, it doesn't mean that the development team is no longer working on something. Multiple sources who seem to point towards a new unannounced project from Blizzard that would be codenamed Prometheus and could be another project built around a new license for Blizzard.

Keep in mind that this last bit is very much unofficial and unconfirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took them SEVEN YEARS to figure out that they didn't want to make another MMO? I can see spending a year or two exploring things, but seven??

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    wotttttttttttttttttt...i wonder how far in they actually were

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It took them SEVEN YEARS to figure out that they didn't want to make another MMO? I can see spending a year or two exploring things, but seven??
    Think positive. I'm sure they explored a LOT of things!

10+ Year Old Account
    A pity. Was hoping for another unique game from Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I can't bring myself to be upset about losing something that I was never invested in to begin with. Maybe now we might finally get some details about what they wanted to do with it...? Likely not.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Now maybe we can find out what it was, how it was gonna work, etc. I never really cared about Titan but it'll be interesting to see some of those concepts filter down into World of Warcraft, Diablo, etc
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

wow 2.0 inc 2018

Deleted
    I just wonder how far they were in with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a shame, suuuuuuch a shame. Say what you will about the current state of WoW, or any of Blizzard's games, but Blizzard knows what they're doing. I'm not too excited about WoD but I definitely wanted to see what Blizzard could do with today's tech, a more advanced engine and streamlined graphics. WoW is almost 10 years old, I really wanted to see what they could do with something more modern.

I saw it coming. I gotta respect them for having balls to cancel a project that they invested so much in. There are times when you keep working on something and it seems like it will never be right.

will they at least reveal what it was now, lol

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The team set out to make another amazing MMO after World of Warcraft, but they didn't find the fun or passion.
    Sadly this seems to suggest they're finding fun and passion with WoW in its current incarnation; something I certainly haven't felt since WOTLK. Sad news in any case; all i've ever wanted was a WoW-esque sci-fi MMO. The only options, such as SW:TOR, have been train wrecks.

It doesn't mean that Alenarien. Different teams have different people, and that means the team attached to Titan wasn't having fun with what they were making, but doesn't mean they were having fun with WoW.

I get you want to exaggerate things, but you need to stop trying to look for things that don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Sadly this seems to suggest they're finding fun and passion with WoW in its current incarnation; something I certainly haven't felt since WOTLK. Sad news in any case; all i've ever wanted was a WoW-esque sci-fi MMO. The only options, such as SW:TOR, have been train wrecks.
    I think there are some sci-fi MMORPG out there. Wildstar for example.

Deleted
    Titan was Destiny (in one form or another, before being handed over to Bungie and modified to fit their own style), there is no doubt about it.

I'm just sad for Jeff Kaplan, such talent and genius wasted on a canceled project.

Deleted
    Mike, I am available for hire as a Blizzard troubleshooter. This waste of resources would not have happened under my watch.

It was probably for the best at the moment but I really hope they put out another MMORPG within the next 5-10 years. I can see WoW lasting another 5-10 years, but at some point it's just not going to be worth it, right?

I don't want WoW to die, but at the same time I really want a new MMORPG from Blizzard, they make very good games and have always been the go-to-company for me when it comes to games.

Oh well. No more titan! Lets hope for a wow2.0 in the nexy 5-10 years

"Prometheus" = Starcraft 2 Part 3?

The way I see it, with expanded teams like they have..

this just paves the way for Warcraft 4 and WoW 2.