Lightbulb Transmog revamp idea

All sets that offer a set bonus are "learnable". This includes pvp, tier, dungeon, and whatever other sets that may exist.
    Upon learning the item, the actual piece of armor still exists in your bags to do whatever with, with "learned" in the tooltip.

"But what about all the 5 piece tier sets that don't include bracers, belts, and boots?"

Ez. Once you learn all 5 pieces of the set, the matching graphic for bracers, belts, and boots will be applied when you equip the transmog set.

"But sempai, the warrior tier 6 boots look like shit. What if I want to equip the set but change out certain pieces?"

The transmog vendor will remain, and will still allow specific customization.

But lettuce be cereal for a moment: the tech to make something like this a reality may be a bit of a hurdle for the WoW devs (no offense devs who aren't reading). The interface itself would function in a way similar to the mount journal, allowing you to see what the sets look like on your character.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Compliments on my advanced Photoshop skills?

Note: sorry MMO-C mods if I used the wrong icon for this thread. Please don't give me a citation or whatever.
    *Insert pretentious quote here*
    I'm like, such an intellectual or whatever

I don't understand. What is your idea exactly?

They're already revamping transmog to store item appearances without needing to keep the item.

Are you saying you want us to be able to change set bonuses as well as gear? I've wondered about interchanging set bonuses but really people are just going to go for the highest dps increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I don't understand. What is your idea exactly?

They're already revamping transmog to store item appearances without needing to keep the item.
    To make armor sets learnable, and put them in a tab similar to the new toy box feature. Frees up bag space, and allows you to change out sets without having to go to a vendor.

Edit: just to be clear, equipping the set in this menu only applies transmog, doesn't equip the actual armor piece to your character.
    Last edited by sharkparty; 2014-09-24 at 02:20 AM.
    *Insert pretentious quote here*
    I'm like, such an intellectual or whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkparty View Post
    To make armor sets learnable, and put them in a tab similar to the new toy box feature. Frees up bag space, and allows you to change out sets without having to go to a vendor.

Edit: just to be clear, equipping the set in this menu only applies transmog, doesn't equip the actual armor piece to your character.
    The entire idea is flawed, and should simply just be replaced with the following: Take item to Transmogrifier secondary NPC to "transmorph" the item, storing its appearance for use in transmogrification, and allow you to do whatever you see fit with the item itself, or destroy it in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by sharkparty View Post
    But lettuce be cereal
    You aware?

Actually I think blizzard are planning on something similar, where you can build a "set" and apply it at once.
    People need to stop thinking that taking an item out of inventory is simple, as there still needs to be a record of it.
    Sure, with a set you may be able to reduce the storage requirements but not on individual items which still can only be reduced down to an item ID at the least, exactly what void storage is doing already.
    Void storage was derived from the keyring, taking the 28 slots and applying restrictions to allow removal of all but the bare minimum of information.
    Stripping enhancements/reforges etc.

No need for it to be accessible as openly as the toybox.
    Should still require an NPC I think, applying a cost and potentially inconvenience means you don't switch it every 30 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.