Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds...ambitious. It would all be in the execution, and form the sounds of it, Blizzard didn't think the execution was there.

Why does everybody hate kotaku anyway?
    Last edited by GodlyBob; 2014-09-24 at 07:09 PM.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

While it doesn't sound bad really, there was only really one sci-fi type game I've ever really enjoyed and that was Mass Effect. So I don't think I would of tried this.

You just can't mash some famous games together and pretend it was Titan, just to make believe it was this awesome game we will never have. I'm pretty sure the NDA is still intact on a canceled game, unless Blizzard decide to talk about it first. I really can't see people at Blizzard talking about it just after the cancellation. Thoses people are still working at Blizzard, on various games, and won't risk their awesome job just for the curiosity of the internet.

And more to the point, I think this game described in the article is nothing like anything Blizzard ever done and I don't think it's their style of game (mainly because of the post-apocalytic earth part).

hmmm, not really sold on how awesome the premise is. blizzard didn't like it, so I can see why they canned it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds overly ambitious. I like the idea of non-combat roles in an MMO though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It actually sounds interesting. And a little hard to believe that all this information never leaked out and it's the first time we heard something about this. I don't know.. I'm skeptical.

I can see why they had to abandon it, don't think they have the talent to pull that off at this time.

Concept is interesting though, I wish the secret world had better graphics/animations/combat and it would've been perfect for me.

Sounds awful. MMO-TF2 with boring bits attached.

Still, that's assuming the "sources" aren't just made up.

up to now I was living in a world where I would bet money on fact that Titan turned into Destiny (be it Destiny was developed parallel or was Titan handed over to Bungee) and I was fine with this.

after reading all this I'm rather underwhelmed - sounds like something I wouldn't enjoy (specially due to TF2) references. I say good thing they scraped it, however I really would like to see a new IP from Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    http://kotaku.com/heres-what-blizzar...ium=Socialflow

If you're thinking this all sounds way too cool to be buried forever, here's a bit of good news: One person connected to Blizzard told me that "a good handful" of the Titan team is actually still intact, despite yesterday's news that the game has been cancelled.

"They changed the code-name after that reboot," said that person. "So the project that was 'Titan' did die last year."

So maybe Blizzard's still got a small team plugging away at Titan's world and concepts in hopes of bringing something fun—and substantially smaller—out of the wreckage. But it doesn't seem like we'll ever see the Team Fortress 2-meets-Destiny-meets-The Sims-meets-World of Warcraft chimera that Blizzard was working on for so many years. Like Starcraft Ghost and Warcraft Adventures before it, the project once called Titan is no more.
    I'm surprised no one has latched onto that yet. Isn't the new project code-named "Prometheus"?

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    This sounds terribly boring.

The "real world" would be some kind of facebook with all its farming games that would represent "jobs". While the shadow ding would be a sci fi shooter. All of that in incredibles comic design.

If its true I can totally understand why they cancelled that.
    This. Don´t want to "work" in a game, have to work enough in real life. And the wordl certainly doen´t need ANOTHER FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the way any of it sounds, and I don't like that it has anything to do with Earth.

I had to read through all of that text... sounds a bad idea of a game. Very complicated!

And am a medhival guy as a lot of people that play wow. I wouldnt go to play a sci fi game <:

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    I'm surprised no one has latched onto that yet. Isn't the new project code-named "Prometheus"?
    It's just rumors at the moment so it's not really taking off a huge amount, but I am a bit shocked since even Boub said something about it and nothing.

Guess because there's no info about it besides just the codename.

Wow, that sounded remarkably uninteresting to me. Then again, I find games like the Sims to be completely pointless and boring. I think I would have totally ignored that side of the game most likely, and the rest just sounded like a Planetside or Destiny type game. And no offense to Blizzard, but I would trust Bungie to make a good shooter way before I would trust Blizzard to. Assuming this is actually legitimate, I feel zero disappointment that the project was cancelled.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2014-09-24 at 07:24 PM.

There I was thinking that I was the only one who didn't like the sound of the concept. They should have just made a Starcraft shooter.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the "real life" part would have either killed or won for the game. And i just cannot see myself doing "normal life" stuff after 10 hours of working a day.

And now we know where came the better AI for NPCs in Garrisons
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    LoL, it's exactly what my bf wanted from an mmo.
    He wanted an mmo with real cities where people can run businesses and interact,
    and he also said that Blizzard should make titan a sci-fi mmo,
    and he never liked the idea of two factions, three is better.
    He got a bit disappointed when I told him this news :P
    And me too tbh, it would have been targeting a niche audience... sure, but the idea is new and fresh and not like anything other out there.
    If this is true, it's a shame really they let it go

Sounds like Acti-Blizzard cut half the game, and named it Destiny.

Destiny and Titan, IF this is true, sounds too similar to not be the same game or, at least, PORTIONS of them are the same game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

What Titan was... a flop. Blizzard knew that, and most of us knew that.

Glad they scrapped it. It would not end well for Blizzard.