Thread: Endless Legend

Endless Legend

Cracking game. A must if you're a fan of Endless Space. A 4X fusion between Civilization and HoMM.

http://www.gamespot.com/endless-legend/

A great warm up for Civilization: Beyond Earth.

Anyone got it? What's your opinion on it? I LOVE the interface, and the quest systems. The factions are really cool too.

One hero and three types of units per faction? No thanks.

Got it, haven't touched it much yet though. I'm doing a marathon in Endless Space at the moment, when I finish I'll start with Endless Legend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maw View Post
    You must be confusing this game with some other, you create your own units using base templates. How many types of units you want depends entirely on what you need/want in your army. You can also have several heroes.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Waiting for it to go on sale, when I actually have money. The two hardly ever coincide lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Maw View Post
    You supplement your three units by either customising the template (giving your axemen spears - which makes them better versus calvary instead of infantry) or by integrating sub-factions (which gives you access to their unit template, and letting you customize them as you can with your existing units)

You can buy additional heroes through the market place, or receive them through quests.

Overall, It's simplicity, IMO, is it's biggest strength. Instead of having 100's of units and trying to figure out which ones are actually relevant, you're free to either keep the basic schematics up to date with better gear or integrate several subfactions to diversify your army. I like the aesthetic, I like the lore, pretty solid title overall beyond a few minor issues with the UI. (Spotted a couple of typos, some glitchy graphics in one of the marketplace frames)

The other benefit is how radically different the various factions are. The cultists rely solely on integrating other units for the bulk of their army, where the broken lords focus on dust collection but don't have to worry about food (all their new villagers must be bought). The different races are somewhat tailored to specific victory conditions which makes it somewhat stifiling in playing the game your own way.

It's supposed to be incredibly good, but since I won't have much time the coming months, I'll most likely wait for a discount

It's okay. Not overly impressed.

Deleted
    I absolutely love it, mostly because of the atmosphere and the storylines

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks great imo. I think I'll give it a chance when I get home (woohoo payday!)

I checked it out, was disappointed with AI. I don't play turn based games online, so AI is all there is for me...and it seems to be lacking.

Just finished a cultist game not that long ago, rolled over everything with 1 combat-oriented hero-tank, and 4 archer units. They were geared to the gills, of course, but items weren't exactly hard to come by. High initiative, 300-500 damage per shot...whereas AI faced me with severely underpowered units, never harassed me in the entire time it took me to tech up to high level armor, and didn't do a proper job of defending its cities.

Deleted
    Really loving the Broken Lords, and ofcourse, the ability to make your own faction, one of my favourite features in Endless Space.