Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

New Feature Incoming - Undelete Character

New Feature Incoming - Undelete Character
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In the upcoming pre-Warlords of Draenor content patch, we’re adding a new feature that allows players to undelete characters. But before you delete that character, there are a few limitations we want you to let you to know about first.

• Characters under level 10 and Death Knights at level 55 are not eligible to be undeleted.
    • Characters between level 10 and level 29 will no longer recoverable after 90 days.
    • Characters between level 30 and 49 will no longer recoverable after 120 days.
    • All other characters level 50 and above are eligible to be undeleted at any time.
    • Please keep in mind you will only be able to use the undelete option once every 30 days.

Undeleting a character restores all of its enchantments, gems, and items fully intact. You’ll be able to get back into action right away, and your character won’t remember being deleted—we won’t tell, either.

Shhhh. . . .

Reclaiming Your Name: What About Flugur?
    We’ll be holding deleted character names for a limited time, and the original creator can reclaim it for use on a new character during that time. If you create a new character with the same name as one of your deleted characters (let’s say Flugur), the new character must be renamed, transferred, or deleted to complete the restoration of the original Flugur.

10+ Year Old Account
    uhh cool I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Deleted a lvl 63 Druid 2 years ago, i asked for restoration 2 days after, but didn't get it, guess i doesn't count what happened that long ago? ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrmm. With all these things generally done by GMs being streamlined into character services, I anticipate another wave of lay-offs to their customer service department here soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fantastic! I haven't deleted anyone in a while but if I get the urge to and then want them back...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    Deleted a lvl 63 Druid 2 years ago, i asked for restoration 2 days after, but didn't get it, guess i doesn't count what happened that long ago? ^^
    All lvl 50+ are kept around in the database forever, the GM you contacted was a douche. That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I really really hope this isn't one of those boasted about unannounced features WoD will bring.

Will this work retroactively? Like if I deleted a lvl 80 in WotLK will I get him back?

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    uhh cool I guess
    It is! GM's can spend more of their time on other tickets with this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Hrmm. With all these things generally done by GMs being streamlined into character services, I anticipate another wave of lay-offs to their customer service department here soon.
    I doubt it. GM's are still needed to handle the huge volume of in-game requests. This just streamlines it so they can get to the more important trouble issues instead of wasting time with character restorations.

does this thing work retroactively? like, if i deleted something waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in wrath or something, could i undelete that character?

In most cases you can undelete characters by contacting Blizzard. I guess they happened quite a bit by having this become a feature.

I deleted a Rogue many years ago and when I came back started a new one because I didn't realize you could undelete him. I've always thought about undeleting him as well as a warrior I deleted.

Well this has already been on beta for months.

I'm honestly shocked they keep your deleted characters for longer than a few months to begin with. That's a massive amount of storage space used on something that is otherwise only in the most extreme rare of cases going to be asked for again.

I don't delete characters above level 20 or so,pretty much useless for me but I can see how other people might enjoy it.

So this is also some kind of twisted way to have more than 11 toons on your server... delete one, reactive the other for 30 days, etc.

Hmmm.

Sweet i can get a free name change now without having to ask a GM

For those who don't know just delete your toon and make a new one with olds toons name. Once done ask for restore and because name is taken it is flagged for a name change.. a free name change

Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    So try doing it once 6.0.2 hits, and see what the results are

10+ Year Old Account
    Great feature, i'm curious if i have deleted any characters and can't remember :S I'm sure it will mean blizzard get less people annoying them as well :P

This makes paid name change pretty much useless?!