Question Can anybody let me know pvp(arena) burst skill of all class?

Hello guys,

I am new to wow arena, so that I would like to know burst skill of all classes!

At least I know...is that Divine shield is one of them.
    Well, It is not burst talent, but is that we all know we can not attack to those who are bubbled.

Thank you in advance. <3

( If there is any useful website for burst skill on pvp, I would love to know it , too
    ( And I am not a native english speaker so that I might not make myself understood, If you guys don't know what I am saying here, just let me know !

Justanordinaryhealer with big love<3

Do you mean an ability you use when your opponent bursts on you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Do you mean an ability you use when your opponent bursts on you?
    That's what I got out of the message, too. Immunities, I guess?

Hello darklift,

Thank you for your reply!

I mean... hmm... for example...

Paladin: Avenging Wrath
    Shaman: Ascendance (maybe)

When you want to kill opponents, we use those skills.
    And I would like to know those kind of skills of all classes, because I don't have all classes.

I can read skill explanation on wowwiki/wowhead and so on, but I feel I am misunderstanding some of them, also I believe I don't know all of them.

Furthermore... as you said,I also want to know useful abilities when my opponent bursts on me.... like Divine shield.
    For example. 2 days ago, I got to know hunter has the skill which is like paladin's divine shield. I think it is called Deterrence.

Am I asking too much?

I am really thankful for your help!

Thank you!

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    That's what I got out of the message, too. Immunities, I guess?
    Hello Blithe,

Yeah! I also would like to know immune skills like... green things on DK, Cloak of Shadows of rogue.

Thank you! <3

Deleted
    Burst Spells:

Warrior: Recklessness
    Rogue: Shadow Dance, Shadowblades
    Ret: Avenging Wrath (Wings)
    Enh/Ele: Ascendance
    DK: Gargoyle/Pet?
    Hunter: Stampede, Rapid Fire
    Mage: Alter Time (To repeat their dmg procs)
    Priest: Devouring Plague?
    Lock: Chaos Bolt
    Monk: ?
    Feral: Berserk?
    Boomkin: ?

Main Defensive Spells:

DK: Anti-Mage Shell (AMS (Green thing))
    Rogue: Cloak of Shadows, Evasion
    Shams: Shamanistic Rage?
    Pally: Bubble, BOP
    Monk: Touch of Karma, Ring of Peace
    Warrior: Shield Wall, Spell Reflection (x2)
    Hunter: Deterrence
    Druid: Barkskin/Ironbark, Might of Ursoc, Bear ...
    Mage: Ice Block, Temporal Shield, Alter Time, Cold Snap (into another Ice Block)
    Priest: Dispersion
    Lock: ?

Best tip: Install GladiatorLosSA addon, a voice tells you when spells are used, Gladius so you can see CC (crowd control) and their DR (diminishing return) timers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLedge View Post
    Burst Spells:

Rogue: Shadow Dance, Shadowblades
    + Killing Spree, Adrenaline Rush

Mage: Alter Time (To repeat their dmg procs)
    + Time Warp, Icy Veins (Frost), Arcane Power (Arcane), Combustion (Fire)

Frozen Orb (Frost) can be quite bursty too when granting many procs against groups of enemies.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-09-27 at 02:12 PM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Burst of some classes I know

1. Warrior - Recklessness(30% Crit), Skull Banner(30% bonus crit damage) and Avatar(20%? extra damage) if talented. Berserker Rage(10% extra damage) if not already enraged
    2. Unholy DK - Gargoyle(Temporary Pet lasts 30 seconds that does a lot of ranged damage), Dark Transformation, Unholy Frenzy(Faster Rune Regen and melee attack speed)
    3. Frost DK - Pillar of Frost
    4. Warlock - Dark Soul (Increases Haste for affliction, Crit for Destruction and Mastery for Demo)
    5. Frost Mage - Icy Veins(Haste boost), Alter Time, Frozen Orb and Mirror Images(Not that good for bursting)
    6. Retribution - Avenging Wrath, Holy Avenger, Guardian of Ancient Kings
    7. Feral - Tigers Fury, Berserk, Incarnation - King of the Jungle
    Last edited by GodEmperor; 2014-09-27 at 02:51 PM.

Spriest - None, unless you spec into Solace and Insanity. You've got to get 3 orbs, pop devouring plague then mind flay. Can't remember how long insanity lasts, 3 seconds maybe? If silenced/stunned etc, you lose the potential burst.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2014-09-28 at 12:20 PM.

Hello RedLedge, The Kao, darklift, Aoibhe!

Thank you for all your replies!

I am dancining with pleasure now. lol (kidding, but you know how I feel

So... what you all said will be summarized as follows...?

Burst Spells:

Warrior: Recklessness, Skull Banner, Avatar, Berserker Rage
    Rogue: Shadow Dance, Shadowblades,Killing Spree, Adrenaline Rush
    Ret paladin: Avenging Wrath,Holy Avenger, Guardian of Ancient Kings
    Enh/Ele shaman: Ascendance
    DK: Gargoyle, Dark Transformation, Unholy Frenzy, Pillar of Frost
    Mage: Alter Time, Time Warp, Icy Veins, Arcane Power, Combustion, Frozen Orb,Mirror Images
    Priest: Devouring Plague?, You've got to get 3 orbs, then mind flay
    Lock: Chaos Bolt,Dark Soul
    Feral druid: Tigers Fury, Berserk, Incarnation - King of the Jungle
    Boomkin druid: ?

Main Defensive Spells:

DK: Anti-Mage Shell (AMS (Green thing))
    Paladin: Bubble, BOP, Devotion Aura?
    Warrior: Shield Wall, Spell Reflection (x2)
    Mage: Ice Block, Temporal Shield, Alter Time, Cold Snap,
    Priest: Dispersion
    Lock: Dark Regeneration?

When I did some matches yesterday, I saw lock with purple thing.
    I looked up info on web, and i guess its Dark Regeneration, so I added it to Defensive skill!
    And also, I added Devotion Aura of pally, cause it is useful, too!
    last "?" means that I want to know whether i am right or not :P hehe

Yeah, I need some more information to fill in the blanks!

Thanks! <3

Justanordinaryhealer with big luv!

- - - Updated - - -

Best tip: Install GladiatorLosSA addon, a voice tells you when spells are used, Gladius so you can see CC (crowd control) and their DR (diminishing return) timers.
    Awww! I am installing them now!
    I did not know that there is an addon which shows DR...
    Well, in fact... I got to know what DR means just 1 week ago when my friends told me that my fear did not work cause of DR.

Ty

Just adding more defensive spells to your list.

Main Defensive Spells:

DK: Anti-Mage Shell (AMS (Green thing)), Icebound Fortitude, Blood Presence
    Warrior: Shield Wall, Spell Reflection(x2), Die By the Sword, Defensive Stance
    Mage: Ice Block, Temporal Shield, Alter Time, Cold Snap
    Priest: Dispersion, Pain Suppression
    Lock: Dark Regeneration, Eternal Resolve, Dark Bargain(Bubble with damage immunity) or Sacrificial Pact or Soul Link
    Last edited by GodEmperor; 2014-09-28 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanordinaryhealer View Post
    Awww! I am installing them now!
    I did not know that there is an addon which shows DR...
    Well, in fact... I got to know what DR means just 1 week ago when my friends told me that my fear did not work cause of DR.
    You're going in the right direction very quickly if you learn about DR at such an early stage of plaaying in arena.

Good luck!

platebuffs does the same thing as gladiatorlossa, just as visual icon on the nameplates of the corresponding character.
    that gives you the benefit that not only you know WHEN cds are blown, but how long they are up aswell and if there are more of the same class then you get the information who used them.

Burst Spells:

Boomkin: ?
    Celestial Alignement, Incarnation

Hello darklift, RedLedge , Flaim, mikoslav!

Thank you for your replies!
    I appreciate it!

Here, we have the latest version!

Burst Spells:

Warrior: Recklessness, Skull Banner, Avatar, Berserker Rage
    Rogue: Shadow Dance, Shadowblades,Killing Spree, Adrenaline Rush
    Ret paladin: Avenging Wrath,Holy Avenger, Guardian of Ancient Kings
    Enh/Ele shaman: Ascendance
    DK: Gargoyle, Dark Transformation, Unholy Frenzy, Pillar of Frost
    Mage: Alter Time, Time Warp, Icy Veins, Arcane Power, Combustion, Frozen Orb,Mirror Images
    Priest: Devouring Plague?, You've got to get 3 orbs, then mind flay, Pain Suppression
    Lock: Chaos Bolt,Dark Soul
    Feral druid: Tigers Fury, Berserk, Incarnation - King of the Jungle
    Boomkin druid: Celestial Alignement, Incarnation

Main Defensive Spells:

DK: Anti-Mage Shell (AMS (Green thing)), Icebound Fortitude, Blood Presence
    Warrior: Shield Wall, Spell Reflection (x2), Die By the Sword, Defensive Stance
    Mage: Ice Block, Temporal Shield, Alter Time, Cold Snap,
    Priest: Dispersion, Dispersion
    Lock: Dark Regeneration, Eternal Resolve, Dark Bargain(Bubble with damage immunity) or Sacrificial Pact or Soul Link

There must be some other new players like me. And I am happy if they are looking at this list.
    Thank you for you all's cooperation!

- - - Updated - - -

You're going in the right direction very quickly if you learn about DR at such an early stage of plaaying in arena.

Good luck!
    Aww thanks again! Atm I am just enjoying to play matches with friends, but in the future i love to aim higher rate than current rate! D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    platebuffs does the same thing as gladiatorlossa, just as visual icon on the nameplates of the corresponding character.
    that gives you the benefit that not only you know WHEN cds are blown, but how long they are up aswell and if there are more of the same class then you get the information who used them.
    platebuffs , okay! I am going to install it soon, and will check how it looks like.

Thank you so much !

If you're still working on this, here are a few you've missed. I gave a short explanation for some of them, but didn't want to turn it into a big mess.

Offensive

Warrior: bloodbath, bladestorm (both are talents, not strong choices but still popular at low mmr)
    Rogue: vendetta (the specbound cooldown for assassination/mutilate, in lieu of sdance or arush+killing spree)
    Shaman: feral spirit (enhance only), stormlash totem (all specs)
    DK: empower rune weapon (not a direct damage mod but restores their resources. not as visually obvious as other cooldowns.)
    Hunter: bestial wrath (bm only, fairly common spec at low mmr)
    Mage: incanter's ward (a damage buff talent with a short cooldown. dispellable.), deep freeze (all specs, stun that counts as a freeze, which means the mage gets a large crit chance bonus)
    While we're on mage, I'm not sure if mirror images really counts as a damage cooldown. It barely does any damage and is mostly for the spammed snares or target/focus drop. Your call though.
    Priest: shadowfiend (all specs, summons a pet which actually does a fair bit of damage)
    Lock: haunt (affliction only; a rough equivalent to chaos bolt)
    Monk: invoke xuen, the white tiger (talent, usually only used by mistweavers but available to dps too), tigereye brew (windwalker only. this will stack up over the course of a fight as a visible buff. they can consume these to gain a large damage modifier as a sort of cooldown), energizing brew (windwalker only. not a damage mod, but restores energy)
    Druid: starfall (moonkin only. not only is its damage a concern, but procs instant starsurges too), heart of the wild (talent, allows resto druids to actually do damage for its duration--applies to both casted and catform damage), nature's vigil (talent, though most druids use heart of the wild instead)

Defensive

DK: conversion (talent), death pact (talent, very rarely taken over conversion these days)
    Rogue: evasion (all specs), vanish (all specs), combat readiness (talent, rarely used and mostly only useful against melee), cheat death (talent, rarely used), feint (with talent, gives a short damage reduction buff. most rogues spec this and they'll spam feint frequently)
    Shaman: nature's guardian (talent, most shaman take this regardless of spec), astral shift (talent, rarely used)
    Paladin: divine protection (all specs), hand of sacrifice (all specs, can be used as a defensive cooldown for a teammate, though usually reserved for dealing with cc)
    Monk: fortifying brew (all specs), life coccoon (mistweaver, useable on teammates), zen meditation (all specs), diffuse magic (talent)
    Warrior: rallying cry (all specs, teamwide last stand/health increase), demoralizing banner (all specs, small aoe damage reduction), safeguard (talent, can give a small damage reduction to a teammate)
    Hunter: roar of sacrifice (pet ability, useable on teammates)
    Druid: survival instincts (feral), and quite a few defensives are accessible through symbiosis: deterrence/ice block/icebound fortitude/evasion/fortifying brew for resto, divine shield/dispersion for feral, and cloak of shadows/unending resolve/anti-magic shell for moonkins
    Priest: pain suppression (disc, useable on teammates), power word: barrier (disc, ground-targeted damage reduction zone), lightwell (holy), guardian spirit (holy, useable on teammates), void shift (all specs, though shadow can't use it in rated pvp anymore)
    Lock: ember tap (destro), unending resolve (all specs, though most warlocks do use the eternal resolve glyph)

Just go to wowhead or another similar site, go through the talent calculator ( it also shows abilities on the side ), read through abilities for both spec and non spec , as well as talents and glyphs for all classes, that should give you the best idea of whatever you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdjames View Post
    If you're still working on this, here are a few you've missed. I gave a short explanation for some of them, but didn't want to turn it into a big mess.

Priest: shadowfiend (all specs, summons a pet which actually does a fair bit of damage)
    Totally forgot. It's true, unless he gets kited or cc'd.

OP, for defensive. Dispersion is great, but use it too early and you're screwed. Power Word: Shield should be added to the list.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2014-09-29 at 01:54 PM.