Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Trading post level 3 benefit: am I missing something or by the time you can upgrade to level 3 (you need achievement- earn 3 exalted reps in Draenor) the benefit is more or less obsolete for that character? it does seem like a rep catch-up mechanism for alts but a bit underwhelming then for the main character (other buildings give direct benefit to the character).
    I don't have access to beta so maybe am missing the point, would appreciate some clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafy View Post
    If you have mining or herb do you get any kind of bonuses with the Mine/Herb garden?
    Nop, gathering said nodes does give you skill ups tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adalberi View Post
    Trading post level 3 benefit: am I missing something or by the time you can upgrade to level 3 (you need achievement- earn 3 exalted reps in Draenor) the benefit is more or less obsolete for that character? it does seem like a rep catch-up mechanism for alts but a bit underwhelming then for the main character (other buildings give direct benefit to the character).
    I don't have access to beta so maybe am missing the point, would appreciate some clarification.
    That's true there are only 3 reputations right now. The update only gives you more work orders and is useful if new factions come with patches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Why don't considering BARN extreme useful for raiders?
    This is correct, ty, it has been added. I still need to test such build on an alt to see how resource management goes without LM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Thanks OP. The garrisons had me confused as well, so it is nice of you to take the time and create this guide.

Will favorite this thread.

Sorry op i stopped reading when you kept saying witch not which.

why do you say barracks is the best? I consider it not very good, stables for leveling sounds nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    why do you say barracks is the best? I consider it not very good, stables for leveling sounds nice
    They unlock more missions for your followers. At lvl 2 they will give you a guardian. At lvl 3 they give you more room for followers.
    Stables are nice only at lvl 2 and 3 :P. For the anti daze and mount speed. But do note lvl 3 is unlocked at 100

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhope444 View Post
    Sorry op i stopped reading when you kept saying witch not which.
    Ty for that mate, it's been fixed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    This is correct, ty, it has been added. I still need to test such build on an alt to see how resource management goes without LM.
    It takes time. You must trap mobs, going back to your Garrison for starting works order. Untill you rich level 3, when you are able to trap elite monsters that have a chance to create a Salvage Blood from work orders. Actually I'm not able to trap Elite, i'm still working on level two

I dont khow if something is changed with the new patch, but before you are able to produce 1 Savage Blood a day.

Deleted
    I'm sorry if this has just gone over my head, but what do Garrison Buildings in WoD do for your character's own profession? If you have engineering should you build an engineering building? Does it give you recipes or materials?

Or is it only feasible to build garrison buildings for professions you DON'T have, to ahve access to some of their items and mats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    I'm sorry if this has just gone over my head, but what do Garrison Buildings in WoD do for your character's own profession? If you have engineering should you build an engineering building? Does it give you recipes or materials?

Or is it only feasible to build garrison buildings for professions you DON'T have, to ahve access to some of their items and mats?
    They provide you with draenor recipes if you have the profession.
    Also you can craft most things in them, but the high end stuff is only for those with professions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    They provide you with draenor recipes if you have the profession.
    Also you can craft most things in them, but the high end stuff is only for those with professions
    Alright, so you can only get the recipes for your profession if you built the relevant building.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, so you can only get the recipes for your profession if you built the relevant building.
    Yes, tho a lot of them are craftable from the building NPC at lvl 3 (only to those who have the profession). This is to let you craft right away, since getting those recipes takes ages
    Last edited by Denizly; 2014-09-28 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    Question : Can you farm effectively the mats you need to craft the 2 new tables for the well fed buff through the fishing hut and the barn if you reach both of them lvl 3?
    The new recipes for cooking (new member so cant post links atm, i will copy paste the requirements sorry):
    - Feast of the Waters, 10 player feast. Takes 10 of the following fish: Sea Scorpion Segment, Abyssal Gulper Eel Flesh, Blind Lake Sturgeon Flesh, Fat Sleeper Flesh, Fire Ammonite Tentacle, Jawless Skulker Flesh
    - Feast of Blood, 25 player feast. Takes 10 of the following meat: Raw Elekk Meat, Raw Boar Meat, Raw Talbuk Meat, Raw Riverbeast Meat, Rylak Egg, Raw Clefthoof Meat
    And another thing, all the schematics for each building (any lvl) are bind on account right? So if you get the achiev you need to purchase a schematic you can also use it on an alt without doing the achiev again?If thats the case i am planning to farm with my main asap GR and achievs to get all the schematics for future use on alts.What buildings are the most efficient to farm GR atm?
    Thanks for the guide m8 its really useful, keep up the good work

This is probably one of the most misunderstood parts of garrisons. There really is a trade-off and you might have to make a hard decision

1. If you have the profession, you get the higher level recipes
    2. If you do not have the profession, you get to make the lower level recipes

This is just my opinion, but having a professional building WITHOUT having the profession is a bit of a waste since the items you can make can be bought cheaply on the AH. The only exception to this is the enchanting building, which feels really strong if you have the profession or not.

Also to the OP, the devs have already stated pretty firmly that work orders will be daily. This makes Storehouse very weak except for people who only play weekends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casstielo View Post
    Question : Can you farm effectively the mats you need to craft the 2 new tables for the well fed buff through the fishing hut and the barn if you reach both of them lvl 3?
    The new recipes for cooking (new member so cant post links atm, i will copy paste the requirements sorry):
    - Feast of the Waters, 10 player feast. Takes 10 of the following fish: Sea Scorpion Segment, Abyssal Gulper Eel Flesh, Blind Lake Sturgeon Flesh, Fat Sleeper Flesh, Fire Ammonite Tentacle, Jawless Skulker Flesh
    - Feast of Blood, 25 player feast. Takes 10 of the following meat: Raw Elekk Meat, Raw Boar Meat, Raw Talbuk Meat, Raw Riverbeast Meat, Rylak Egg, Raw Clefthoof Meat
    And another thing, all the schematics for each building (any lvl) are bind on account right? So if you get the achiev you need to purchase a schematic you can also use it on an alt without doing the achiev again?If thats the case i am planning to farm with my main asap GR and achievs to get all the schematics for future use on alts.What buildings are the most efficient to farm GR atm?
    Thanks for the guide m8 its really useful, keep up the good work
    1. For the feasts. Most fish you mentioned can be caught up in the garrison with baits. Every fish and meat you mentioned can be bought from t he trading post(from lvl 1) by trading 20GR for 5 of any.
    2. The barn produces the following: Sumtuous Fur (furry beasts), Raw Beast Hide (leathery beasts), Savage Feast (meaty beasts), Savage Blood + 1 of the previus 3 depending of type (elites). Caged Mighty Riverbeast gives savage blood + random ingredients still testing witch comes from it, some you mention do.
    3. Once you get to garrison lvl 2 you learn all lvl 1 blueprints (except salvage yard)
    once you get to garrison lvl 3 you can buy all the blueprints for lvl 2 buildings
    when you get an achie that unlocks a lvl 3 blueprint for a building, all your alts will be able to buy it in their own garrison (once their garrisons get to lvl 3 ofc)
    4. GR farming is ok, best for it are lumber mill and trading post. for details refer to the FaQ part of the OP, it contains a guide for altoholics

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    This is probably one of the most misunderstood parts of garrisons. There really is a trade-off and you might have to make a hard decision

1. If you have the profession, you get the higher level recipes
    2. If you do not have the profession, you get to make the lower level recipes
    This right there. For details on what each building has to those with / without profession look at the guide, profession buildings part

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Also to the OP, the devs have already stated pretty firmly that work orders will be daily. This makes Storehouse very weak except for people who only play weekends.
    Made the change in builds, will continue to adapt to patches. Remember nothing is final till november

Thanks for this guide, I play a hunter with engineering and skinning, I'm not in a raiding guild but will raid flex raids as times need to be flexible, I do play alts but want to level the hunter to 100 first as my time is limited though do log on for about 3 hours each day.
    So what buildings do you recommend? I definitely want stables as I am a mount collector, what building shall I do, as I can't really get my head round them all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rósa View Post
    Thanks for this guide, I play a hunter with engineering and skinning, I'm not in a raiding guild but will raid flex raids as times need to be flexible, I do play alts but want to level the hunter to 100 first as my time is limited though do log on for about 3 hours each day.
    So what buildings do you recommend? I definitely want stables as I am a mount collector, what building shall I do, as I can't really get my head round them all?
    For your main:
    -small: salvage yard, the tannery, engineering works
    -medium: trading post, barn / lumber mill (depending on time you have, LM takes less time, but barn is better overall)
    -large: barracks, stables

If you're not into followers (and you should be cuz they will give you gear in the end for minimal effort) replace salvage yard with alchemy, and barracks with bunker / gearworks

For alts:
    -small: 2 profession buildings, salvage yard / storehouse ( SY for followers, store so you need to renew work orders once every 6 not 3 days)
    -medium: trading post, lumber mill (if you plan to use alts barn is ok idea, otherwise if they are afk for gold get LM)
    -large: barracks, any other

If your alts are active i strongly suggest to make one of each medium buildings per alt (+ trade post on all ofc). this will help you get lvl 3 achievements so you can put that building in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, no. You can get all of the recipes from your capital in Ashran.

What the building does for you if you have the same profession is give you an additional daily cooldown for your primary profession material.

Thanks for the guide!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

So the storehouse sounds utterly useless for people who play regularly. I'm at a loss for what to do with my 3rd small plot now since I'm leather/skinning. Tannery, Salvage Yard, and.....there isn't any appealing third choice. I guess if the alchemy building will let me make flasks for raid it might win...

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    So the storehouse sounds utterly useless for people who play regularly. I'm at a loss for what to do with my 3rd small plot now since I'm leather/skinning. Tannery, Salvage Yard, and.....there isn't any appealing third choice. I guess if the alchemy building will let me make flasks for raid it might win...
    I don't have a source right now, but I read somewhere that the Alchemy building won't let you craft the best flasks if you don't have alchemy as a profession.
    You could get a enchanting building. That way you can disenchant all your soulbound quest/dungeon rewards.